The Droid X was unveiled yesterday by Verizon and alongside it, they decided to steal a page from AT&T's playbook and offer early upgrades to anyone who hits their new every 2 mark at any time in 2010.

This is obviously Verizon's way of selling as many Droid X's as they can but the offer applies to ANY phone. Not sure when it's supposed to start, but they announced the Droid X would be released on July 15th, so I'm sure the promo would start sometime around there.

It's stated on their official press release:
    Motorola Droid X for Verizon official: July 15 for $200 -- Engadget

In addition, current Verizon Wireless customers who have contracts ending by December 31, 2010, can upgrade to any smartphone, including DROID X, without penalty.
    I'm sure this will turn into some Droid vs. Blackberry debate which really wasn't my intention, it was just to give some good news to any Verizon owners looking to upgrade their phone, be it to the new Bold or whatever other device.
    06-24-10 10:14 AM
    This means RIM better get their act together and someone needs to start leaking new info on the Storm 3 soon or those of us at our 2 year with a Storm 1 are going to go with the Droid X. I love my BlackBerry but I need the upgrade, and if Google/Motorola offer a better product I'm going to take the leap.
    06-24-10 02:13 PM
    In case anybody was wondering...if you have an VIP account and are wanting to use your yearly upgrade early, you cannot.
    06-24-10 02:17 PM
    so has anyone inquired or tried to take advantage of this? if so what was the feedback you received?
    06-24-10 03:03 PM
    Was told you can't upgrade until the phone is available - nice offer but a moot point until they have some Droid-X's to ship
    06-24-10 04:03 PM
    Nice, any more information?
    06-24-10 05:31 PM
    Nice, any more information?
    Are you just trying to get your post count up or something? Or do you want more information from every single thread you are posting in?
    06-24-10 05:50 PM
    This might be my chance to switch over to a new bold and leave the storm behind
    06-24-10 05:57 PM
    I will definitely be taking advantage when it's available.
    06-24-10 06:42 PM
    Hate to say it, but RIM's days are now officially numbered in my book!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-10 07:41 PM
    This might be my chance to switch over to a new bold and leave the storm behind
    you will love the new BOLD
    I just got mine and I love it...

I've added a bunch of apps and themes
    and I still have 300mb left in app memory

so shoot for the Bold and Leave that Storm behind

I've never personally had a Storm but I have friends who have had both versions and they like them but lots of complaints

trust me, even though u don't know me LOL, you WILL be happy with the Bold
    06-24-10 09:46 PM
    Was told you can't upgrade until the phone is available - nice offer but a moot point until they have some Droid-X's to ship
    So...waiting until July 15th is unbearable for you?
    06-25-10 09:14 AM
    you will love the new BOLD
    I just got mine and I love it...

I've added a bunch of apps and themes
    and I still have 300mb left in app memory

so shoot for the Bold and Leave that Storm behind

I've never personally had a Storm but I have friends who have had both versions and they like them but lots of complaints

trust me, even though u don't know me LOL, you WILL be happy with the Bold
    I'm sure it'll be much nicer once OS6 becomes available for it (by the end of September).
    06-25-10 09:15 AM
    This is dumb, why was it moved to Android?

The promo is for ALL VERIZON SMARTPHONES. The announcement was just made by Verizon during a Droid X conference, hence why the link mentions it.
    06-25-10 11:47 AM
    Yea I dont understand why this was moved to the Android section? Really dumb move. Ws it because "Droid X" was mentioned in the OP? Come on Mods this is for EVERY Verizon customer.
    06-25-10 12:23 PM
    Hate to say it, but RIM's days are now officially numbered in my book!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I have to agree unless some drastic changes are made
    06-28-10 02:24 PM
    I am up for new phone 7/21. i will be in Verizon 7/15 asking about early upgrade...one whole week.
    06-28-10 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD