I was really interested in the Passion, but I really don't want to wait when Google releases Android updates for HTC to make their Sense UI compatible.
    That is a really good point, something I forgot about.
    11-18-09 05:16 PM
    If this phone is as cool as it looks, id probably buy it outright wont worry about the 30 day return.
    Exactly what I'll be doing if it is leaps and bounds better than a Droid.
    11-18-09 06:48 PM
    I'm keeping my Droid no matter what comes out. I love the interface, I love the design of the phone and I like the physical keyboard. I spent a year with the Storm, I'm sure ill be fine with the Droid for a year or more.
    11-18-09 07:03 PM
    From the pics, I don't like the look of the Passion/Dragon. Hopefully they make it all black. But that brownish/silver or whatever around it just doesn't do it for me.
    11-18-09 07:36 PM
    I was really interested in the Passion, but I really don't want to wait when Google releases Android updates for HTC to make their Sense UI compatible.

Why don't you just download the apps to emulate the HTC look and functions?
    11-18-09 07:36 PM
    Its not a droid its a dragon they are totally different phones made by entirely different companies. the dragon is said to use the sense ui which is a skinned version of android.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Technically, if it is released on verizon, it is a droid. All android based phones on verizon will have the title droid. So if its called dragon, it'll be HTC Droid Dragon. I'm sure you guys were just pointing specifically to the Moto Droid though =P
    11-18-09 07:46 PM
    11-18-09 07:47 PM
    Why don't you just download the apps to emulate the HTC look and functions?
    I have..........
    11-18-09 10:14 PM
    Lose the ugly ***, worthless trackball, and you'd have a good looking phone.
    11-18-09 10:14 PM
    tell em to fix the non-existent BT voice dialing and some other nits, and I might consider a droid.
    No self-respecting techno person would be caught dead wearing a BT headset. BT dialing while in the car is useful, but then again...

11-18-09 10:23 PM
    Android 2.0 with Sense UI, the screen (and then some) of the Droid, a massive processor, thinner than the Droid or iPhone.......OMG!!!!

If the battery in this thing could keep it powered for even just half the day with average use, to me, this could be the perfect phone.

11-18-09 10:32 PM
    sorry but i dont find htc phones pretty they look ugly and generic. and whats with the old school trackball? htc looks like a plastic toy. that is why im glad moto went industrial with there droid.
    11-18-09 10:36 PM
    sorry but i dont find htc phones pretty they look ugly and generic. and whats with the old school trackball? htc looks like a plastic toy. that is why im glad moto went industrial with there droid.
    To each their own but I think HTC products look WAY better than Moto. jmo
    11-18-09 10:41 PM
    I will agree with you on the looks of the Passion right now. It looks too much mike the Sprint Hero for my taste. I am hoping they change the look a bit for release. Something more like the Eris would be fine with me. No need to go heavy metal in my opinion.

As for the trackball, it reminds me of Blackberry and I have read that many find it very useful on other Android phones.

11-18-09 10:44 PM
    Technically, if it is released on verizon, it is a droid. All android based phones on verizon will have the title droid. So if its called dragon, it'll be HTC Droid Dragon. I'm sure you guys were just pointing specifically to the Moto Droid though =P
    I stand corrected. It seems strange to brand all android phones droid AND have a model phone called droid. So in essence it is a moto droid droid. Oh well Im sure someone knows what they are doing.
    11-18-09 10:54 PM
    all android phones have to have a dpad or trackball from what i remember reading..

they should just put in an optical trackpad ftw
    11-18-09 11:03 PM
    Screw the Moto Droid, I'm PSYCHED about this phone! And btw, a trackball is extremely convenient on a touch screen. As fantastic as touchscreen phones are, they do they have downfalls...
    11-19-09 12:00 AM
    No self-respecting techno person would be caught dead wearing a BT headset. BT dialing while in the car is useful, but then again...

now this is awesome : )

and I thought I was the only one who felt this way lol.

This is classic

+1,000,000 with 2 thumbs up and a crack on the arse
    11-19-09 12:06 AM
    I'm not too sure about HTC.....

Hero and Immagio are well.....cheap looking

The Passion and Sense UI is not my style or taste. Besides that the HTC hardware needs some serious work and redesigning. CK's opinion of course : )
    11-19-09 12:11 AM
    I'm not too sure about HTC.....

Hero and Immagio are well.....cheap looking

The Passion and Sense UI is not my style or taste. Besides that the HTC hardware needs some serious work and redesigning. CK's opinion of course : )
    Not sure what you're looking at. The Hero is anything but cheap looking, and the build quality is outstanding. It feels great in hand, the screen is beautiful, the faux leather backing is very nice. Really not sure what looks cheap about it. Its much nicer looking than the long rectangle that is the roid, IMO.
    11-19-09 12:35 AM
    Not sure what you're looking at. The Hero is anything but cheap looking, and the build quality is outstanding. It feels great in hand, the screen is beautiful, the faux leather backing is very nice. Really not sure what looks cheap about it. Its much nicer looking than the long rectangle that is the roid, IMO.
    The Hero did feel better than my Tour I must admit. Better build quality as well but I think I'm just used to feeling the "weight" in my hand with the Droid.
    11-19-09 12:44 AM
    11-19-09 07:09 AM
    I thought the Passion was Verizon's version of the Dragon? Either way this looks a heck of a lot nicer than the Passion from the photos I have seen. I don't like trackballs personally.
    11-19-09 07:33 AM
    i dont think thats it, cause we have a supposed pic of the passion thats coming to vzw and thats def not it
    11-19-09 08:04 AM
    Here is my take.
    Look at the Eris and you are probably looking at a
    similar hardware build of what the HTC Passion/Dragon will be.
    I was at the VZ store last night returing my Droid.
    WAIT WAIT WAIT!
    Before u go there I bought a HP Netbook 311 in
    the same billing cycle as my Moto Droid, and just didn't
    want an outrageous bill. Besides I got a deal on the HP
    I couldn't pass up. I was looking at almost a $900.00 bill
    Nonetheless I did play with the Eris.
    I loaded the browser; that browser does have
    pinch zoom.
    The next thing I did is took out my keys; and I
    scratched it on the screen of the Eris; and not
    a scratch at all on the screen.
    The Imagio is cheap looking I agree.......
    But the build quality on the Eris is pretty good.
    It's just got that slow arse CPU and that itty bitty
    screen.
    U wanna see the HTC Passion/Dragon go and play with the
    Eris.
    Just keep in mind u are looking at a very scaled down
    Passion/Dragon
    11-19-09 09:04 AM
157 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD