I might be wrong, but if you signed up for a ne2 and are VIP, then you can get your upgrade a year only. But only of you've got VIP status. Which means your monthly bill has to be more then 80 a month? That's what I was told anyways.....you probably have to be acct manager also. But don't take my word for it, I'm not a very good listener....but I'm positive that's pretty close to what the VZW rep told me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I know I had VIP status years ago but I just recently found my VIP card and it expired. How do I go about getting VIP status again or does that offer have to come from Verizon?
    11-11-09 10:46 AM
    I second JuiceBBS's request for info on the VIP situation...a google search produced this for me;

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=6-NFtt6V

I tried to log in there but it doesn't seem to think my information matches what they have on record.....
    11-11-09 11:03 AM
    I second JuiceBBS's request for info on the VIP situation...a google search produced this for me;

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=6-NFtt6V

I tried to log in there but it doesn't seem to think my information matches what they have on record.....

I got the same message when I put in my cell phone number and zip code so I called 1-800-477-7752 and spoke to a Verizon rep. She basically told me that I was not a VIP member and that Verizon customers get picked at random and are given the opportunity to enroll as a VIP member. This is something that is system generated annually. She said there will be another system generated VIP member enrollment coming up shortly. I guess we just have to wait and see if we get picked and if we do, we will receive something in the mail. She said the VIP membership expires annually so if you enroll as a VIP member, it's only good for a year.

Modified:

Here is some information about the program for those of you who aren't familiar with the program:

Some restrictions may apply. Subject to Customer Agreement and Calling Plan. Program membership requires customer to be current in billing. Only accounts that have been Verizon Wireless customers for 12 months and have been on either a single-line calling plan or a primary line on a Family SharePlan� with a monthly access of $79.99 or higher for the past 6 months are eligible for VIP membership. Corporate-liable and business lines are not eligible. Verizon Wireless reserves the right to modify or cancel the VIP Program at any time. Membership is not transferable. Discounts subject to verification of program membership. If you choose to upgrade your phone at a promotional price, your eligibility for New Every Two� is reset. Program is limited to eligible account listed on VIP card. All VIP Program benefits expire February 28, 2010. Text Message Alerts: A free Text Message will be sent if you are nearing the end of your billing cycle, are on target to exceed your minute allowance in that billing cycle and would benefit from a calling plan change. Usage tracking is based on “voice” minutes only and does not include airtime used from data downloads or applications. Usage is based on the most current information available on your account at the time the Text Message is sent. Customers who have requested not to receive Text Messages from us in the past will not receive these alerts. Text Message alerts are based on system availability.

Overage Protection: Overage Protection adjustment will be applied toward any billing statement from the time of VIP enrollment through February 28, 2010 if customer agrees to take a calling plan or feature change to a higher allowance, and cannot be used retroactively toward any previous billing statements. Overage Protection can be redeemed by calling 1.800.477.7752. Bill adjustments are not automatically awarded. Annual Upgrade with $50 Discount: One phone upgrade permitted per year with a new 2-year renewal on $79.99 plan or higher (secondary lines do not qualify). Get $50 off any phone or PDA device in stock, regular or promotionally priced. No cash or credit for unused discount or portion thereof. Must complete 12 full months of a 2-year Customer Agreement and renew on a 2-year Customer Agreement on $79.99 plan or higher to become eligible for the annual upgrade and $50 discount. 25% Accessory Discount: Excludes accessory bundles, essential bundles and closeout items. Free phone book transfer: Phone book transfer performed at most Verizon Wireless Communications Stores. Free activation (up to $35 per line) when adding new lines of service. Subject to a 1- or 2-year Customer Agreement and Calling Plan per line, up to $175 early termination fee per line; other charges and restrictions apply. The following fees are waived on select transactions relating to Eligible VIP mobile telephone numbers: $20 upgrade processing fee, $15 mobile telephone number change fee, and $35 restocking fee. � 2009 Verizon Wireless.
    Last edited by JuiceBBS; 11-11-09 at 12:30 PM.
    11-11-09 12:25 PM
    Hmmm....got a phone call & email from VZW in response to my email....
    11-11-09 04:12 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD