Hey everyone. Had a question about this. I have a laptop dedicated to my tv in my room. Currently I don't have a wireless keyboard and mouse for it so I downloaded a vnc app for my droid. It works ok but its clumsy since I have a 42 inch monitor right in front of me.

What I would like to accomplish is like making my screen of the droid like a touchpad like u have on a laptop and then having the keyboard on the droid, ya know, for typing. It would be super sweet to just use my phone to controll the laptop without having to actually scroll and try to hit little icons on the phones screen.

I'm on wifi too within the same lan the laptop is hooked up to so the vnc is near instant. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I know I could make it bigger on my droid by setting laptop to 800x600 but looks like crap on my tv and tv is best at 1920x1080 which makes it very tiny on droid. Thanks again!
    Last edited by krazykid6911; 11-26-09 at 12:13 AM.
    11-26-09 12:04 AM
    Gmote will do the whole touchpad thing but I'm not sure it does the keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 01:36 AM
    wow dude thats exactly what i wanted. typing this from the droid on the big screen right now. i love thiw phone more and more everyday. thats a million for the tip, i spend hours trying to get vnc going on my network only to be let down. this is awesome!

a tip for anyone whos going to try this, you have to hold down alt while trying to type a number etc, cant just press or double press.
    11-26-09 02:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD