A few months ago, I think in Februray I was getting phone calls from Verizon to upgrade my phone to a Droid for $150. I didn't have the cash or desire to do so at the time, but now I'd like to and I can't find any such deals. If I call the normal customer service number and go through the process there, they are quoting me $299 with $100 rebate. I hate these rebate things and don't want to take a $299 hit on my bank account right now, then wait for some dumb rebate card.

Are there better deals out there if I am eligible for upgrade? Apparently it's considered an early upgrade since I'm not at the 18 month mark. I do however have a family share plan with 3 lines, and have had the same phone for over a year. None of the other lines are eligible for upgrade.

I just really feel I don't like my Storm anymore.
    03-30-10 02:06 PM
    Welcome to our Wireless World

I just upgraded to the Droid aswell. From the 8530 on Sprint! Ordered thru wirefly and had no problems!!
    03-30-10 02:13 PM
    Howdy, thanks for your reply.

Do you have to activate a new plan? I would like to just extend my current plan 2 years if that makes sense. I don't want to get stuck with 2 plans, though I doubt that is possible.
    03-30-10 02:23 PM
    Yes you can just extend the contract! As long as your plan is compatible with the droid. If not Verizon will make you switch the whole account to a new plan.
    03-30-10 02:28 PM
    Turns out you must be 22 months into your 2 year contract in order to be eligible for an upgrade. I am not all that happy about being stuck with a Storm for over a year now and having to pay $299 (-$100) to upgrade. I am on month 13 of this Storm..
    03-30-10 06:54 PM
    Turns out you must be 22 months into your 2 year contract in order to be eligible for an upgrade. I am not all that happy about being stuck with a Storm for over a year now and having to pay $299 (-$100) to upgrade. I am on month 13 of this Storm..
    13 out of 22 months isn't bad. You should call cs and talk to them before going into the store.
    03-30-10 09:16 PM
    Don't get the Droid! The Nexus One is coming out on Verizon very soon! That phone is a beast!
    03-30-10 10:43 PM
    Yes it is! and a beauty at the same time
    03-30-10 11:13 PM
    How about the Incredible which is rumored to come out at the same time as the nexus one on VZ. The thing with Android phones and htc is that even if a phone came out just a few months ago it already feels like dated techonology. I have the n1 and i don't see why it has a trackball that i never ever use...trackballs just feel old to me.
    03-31-10 07:47 AM
    Why not get a Droid? The other phones have no concrete release date yet and will likely cost more than a Droid. Besides, the Droid is an excellent phone, far superior to my Storm. Sure it might not be the best in 2 months, but if it's still great and fits my needs why does that matter? I just wish I could find a Droid for a decent price, like I was offered in February.
    03-31-10 11:16 AM
    Just bought a Droid for my girlfriend and she loves it. just trolling a littel picking up some info for it.
    I've been playing with it a lot and I am starting to love it too. The physical keyboard isn't great at all specially compared to a BB. The on screen keyboard is pretty good. I would say no better or worse than an Iphone's.
    Still the Storm2 has the best virtual keyboard IMO. I know a lot of people hate it but I love that you have to push down. Maybe I'm just not ready for the full touch expereince yet.
    03-31-10 02:29 PM
    Don't get the Droid! The Nexus One is coming out on Verizon very soon! That phone is a beast!
    +1
    10 char
    03-31-10 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD