Its the April patch but its been updated. Definitely progress.
    Attached Thumbnails Unihertz Titan security patch update-screenshot_20200604-042754.jpg  
    mh1983, Grungni and jacobacevedog like this.
    06-04-20 03:29 AM
    Keyboard scrolling has been very much improved too and it works as good as my KeyOne if not better... Security patch and OS level makes this more secure than the KeyOne now... :-)
    06-04-20 05:56 AM
    Very positive sign!
    06-04-20 07:53 AM
    Very positive sign!
    They now have distribution centres in Europe and the USA with a purchase possible on Ebay for residents of those areas... Should make delivery and returns easier... In the UK there is now no charge for shipping and the phone is £289...
    06-04-20 08:12 AM
    Desperate...woke up this morning to find my Titan Unihertz with a black screen showing "Android Recovery"..can not load Android system. Data may be corrupted and a factory reset may be required. Try Again. wtf?? It was perfectly fine when I went to bed last night, apparently there was an update over night and now I have no phone. Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts on how I can recover without doing a factory reset? I can screenshot logs (using hubby's phone). The error says "Installing system update" 😳 Help anyone?

Unihertz Titan security patch update-img-1672-1-.jpg
    06-04-20 09:49 AM
    This is what we want to see for the @UniHertz PKB family (expected to grow)
    06-04-20 09:51 AM
    Desperate...woke up this morning to find my Titan Unihertz with a black screen showing "Android Recovery"..can not load Android system. Data may be corrupted and a factory reset may be required. Try Again. wtf?? It was perfectly fine when I went to bed last night, apparently there was an update over night and now I have no phone. Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts on how I can recover without doing a factory reset? I can screenshot logs (using hubby's phone). The error says "Installing system update" Help anyone?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-1672 (1).jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	185.7 KB 
ID:	448608
    Just try again and see if it works. If not, get in contact with the Unihertz service. Maybe they have a solution without factory reset.
    06-04-20 12:25 PM
    Desperate...woke up this morning to find my Titan Unihertz with a black screen showing "Android Recovery"..can not load Android system. Data may be corrupted and a factory reset may be required. Try Again. wtf?? It was perfectly fine when I went to bed last night, apparently there was an update over night and now I have no phone. Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts on how I can recover without doing a factory reset? I can screenshot logs (using hubby's phone). The error says "Installing system update" Help anyone?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-1672 (1).jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	185.7 KB 
ID:	448608
    What's wrong with doing a factory reset? I assume everything you have on the device is synced to the cloud and Google backup is enabled? You'll be back up in a jiffy.
    06-04-20 04:00 PM
    Forgive my deafening novice'ness - would it automatically be "syncing to the cloud and google backup enabled"? Or would I have had to set that up. I only received it on March 9th and hadn't done much setup other than the requisite few apps I prefer like whatsapp. How would I find a Backup?

The only thing I'm devastated about is some pictures I took on May 20th when my pet passed away...I hadn't had a chance to do a backup to my computer (like I used to do on my BB Priv). That's the only reason I'm desperately hoping I don't have to reset...if there was any way I could grab the images from the camera...otherwise everything else can be replaced/reloaded.

I've seen one other person on the Facebook Titan Forum who had the same screen as me this morning after the update. But no one has offered suggestions to him either and I haven't yet been accepted as a member in order to post my own dismay.

Any advice would be gratefully accepted....
    06-04-20 04:25 PM
    Forgive my deafening novice'ness - would it automatically be "syncing to the cloud and google backup enabled"? Or would I have had to set that up. I only received it on March 9th and hadn't done much setup other than the requisite few apps I prefer like whatsapp. How would I find a Backup?

The only thing I'm devastated about is some pictures I took on May 20th when my pet passed away...I hadn't had a chance to do a backup to my computer (like I used to do on my BB Priv). That's the only reason I'm desperately hoping I don't have to reset...if there was any way I could grab the images from the camera...otherwise everything else can be replaced/reloaded.

I've seen one other person on the Facebook Titan Forum who had the same screen as me this morning after the update. But no one has offered suggestions to him either and I haven't yet been accepted as a member in order to post my own dismay.

Any advice would be gratefully accepted....
    Check your Google account online. See if your photos are all there. Did you ever run the Google Photos app? It would have asked you which folders to sync.

What email provider do you use? Most have email, calendar, and contacts all synced with the cloud and all of your other devices.

When you logged into the Titan the first time, you would have signed into a Google account and agreed to use Google Backup, which syncs the following automatically:

JNGM, Grungni and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    06-04-20 05:45 PM
    Thank you for the quick reply; just to show you how truly unevolved I am, I still use my 30+ year AOL account for my main email and a I have a "junk" gmail account which is what I used to setup the Titan.

Just checked the Google drive and sadly the last transfer was April 26th....so it didn't grab the photos from May 20th. I don't recall setting up "Google Back-up" to be honest...with the covid situation, I have been inordinately busy with working from home and homeschooling...I had literally received the phone, put the SIM in and started using it because my Priv was on it's very last battery-legs. I have had zero time to truly explore all it's capable of. I naively thought it was safe because it was so new and if I didn't fuss with it (like I read people doing on the forums) that it would work seamlessly. This recent update has caused this because the logs show "Update Install error".

Is there ANY way to retrieve files without the operating system? Like plugging it into the laptop and accessing like an external hardrive?

Julie
    06-04-20 05:59 PM
    Thank you for the quick reply; just to show you how truly unevolved I am, I still use my 30+ year AOL account for my main email and a I have a "junk" gmail account which is what I used to setup the Titan.

Just checked the Google drive and sadly the last transfer was April 26th....so it didn't grab the photos from May 20th. I don't recall setting up "Google Back-up" to be honest...with the covid situation, I have been inordinately busy with working from home and homeschooling...I had literally received the phone, put the SIM in and started using it because my Priv was on it's very last battery-legs. I have had zero time to truly explore all it's capable of. I naively thought it was safe because it was so new and if I didn't fuss with it (like I read people doing on the forums) that it would work seamlessly. This recent update has caused this because the logs show "Update Install error".

Is there ANY way to retrieve files without the operating system? Like plugging it into the laptop and accessing like an external hardrive?

Julie
    There is no side door. If your data is on device storage, then you're out of luck.
    Last edited by conite; 06-05-20 at 06:56 AM.
    06-04-20 09:26 PM
    They now have distribution centres in Europe and the USA with a purchase possible on Ebay for residents of those areas... Should make delivery and returns easier... In the UK there is now no charge for shipping and the phone is £289...
    Sounds good. Proof that pkb android doesn't have to be mediocre-expensive.
    06-04-20 10:08 PM
    Sadly I lost everything, had to do the data wipe/Factory reset.

Now the incredibly challenging task of setting it all back up again and trying to navigate how to make it back up properly.

Thank you for your earlier feedback, I'm grateful for the outreach.
    06-05-20 12:17 AM
    Sadly I lost everything, had to do the data wipe/Factory reset.

Now the incredibly challenging task of setting it all back up again and trying to navigate how to make it back up properly.

Thank you for your earlier feedback, I'm grateful for the outreach.
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience... I use an SD memory card in my Titan and have configured the phone to store the photos there... I have also set up Google photos to store photos in cloud storage... Google photos gives you 15GB of cloud storage for photos stored in their native uncompressed format and unlimited storage if you select the high quality compressed option... If you have Amazon prime, Amazon gives you unlimited cloud storage for as long as you are a subscriber... Good luck with the setting up...
    06-05-20 02:08 AM