Agreed. Pocket provides twice the chin as Slim. Plenty of wasted space under the screens on both. Considered adding a small power bank under Slim. Mostly to raise KB height. Slim runs short on power some days, also. Pocket's power endurance has proven most impressive.
    They have the same processor and battery size I believe, and run the same Android version. Seems like just about the only variable is the 1.1" bigger screen on Slim.

Was also not a fan of the sharp edge at the bottom of Pocket. Slightly mitigated by case.

Keys are still easier to press on Slim than even later Pockets right?

Sent from a slab for now
    12-12-22 08:05 AM
    They have the same processor and battery size I believe, and run the same Android version. Seems like just about the only variable is the 1.1" bigger screen on Slim.

Was also not a fan of the sharp edge at the bottom of Pocket. Slightly mitigated by case.

Sent from a slab for now
    Yes. Slim's key feel proves best. Still easier than even latest, well worn, Pocket. UH got feel pretty optimal with Slim.
    12-12-22 08:13 AM

Sent from a slab for now
    Pocket puts in a pretty harsh 16-17 hr day. Typical for me. Slim burns down about 12-14 hrs. In MY hand. Slim types a LOT. Idk why typing might burn more power? Or larger screen? ?? Signal struggle can burn thru battery. Wondering if capacitive screens might shield cell RF? Larger capacitive screen might result additional shielding? And batt drain? ?? idk.
    12-12-22 11:32 PM
    Yes. Slim's key feel proves best. Still easier than even latest, well worn, Pocket. UH got feel pretty optimal with Slim.
    Hmm ok thanks for the info.

If future budget allows, the Slim would probably be the only PKB device I'd buy again, even if just as a hobby phone.

Android 11 isn't dinosaur old yet, and the keys did not give me any thumb cramps at all even with prolonged typing when I had mine earlier this year.

I really wonder if we'll see another PKB phone from Unihertz. If yes, great. If not, the Slim to me qualifies as ending on a high note. Sure the thing is...not slim at all and should have a headphone jack and the keyboard is sitting a bit low, but overall it's a really decent typing experience when I had tried it and got used to it fast.

I'd advise skipping the F(x) Tec Pro 1(x) even if you find a good used deal. Just not a good keyboard experience at all. Way more typos than on glass.

Sent from a slab for now
    12-20-22 08:15 PM
    Got this today thru kickstart...

"Posted by Emma

Jan 8, 2023

Dear backers,

We are pleased to announce that the update for Titan Pocket is now available, you can upgrade your device by “Settings-> About phone->Wireless Update”

1. Update security patch to 2022-09-05

2. Optimize the Kika input method

3. Remove the Track Back application and SOS application

4. Minor bug fixes

Best Regards,

Unihertz Team"
    Paul Reichert likes this.
    01-08-23 10:40 PM
    Got this today thru kickstart...

"Posted by Emma

Jan 8, 2023

Dear backers,

We are pleased to announce that the update for Titan Pocket is now available, you can upgrade your device by “Settings-> About phone->Wireless Update”

1. Update security patch to 2022-09-05

2. Optimize the Kika input method

3. Remove the Track Back application and SOS application

4. Minor bug fixes

Best Regards,

Unihertz Team"
    Well you got a within 4 months security update at least. Not that I'd use the device for anything requiring security.

I'm curious if there will be any 5G PKB devices in upcoming 12 months since 5G carrier networks are bit more stabilized.
    01-09-23 06:36 AM
    Well you got a within 4 months security update at least. Not that I'd use the device for anything requiring security.

I'm curious if there will be any 5G PKB devices in upcoming 12 months since 5G carrier networks are bit more stabilized.
    You'd think they'd at least provide 12/2022...

Sent from a slab for now
    01-09-23 06:53 AM
    You'd think they'd at least provide 12/2022...

Sent from a slab for now
    Aren't the updates quarterly? I suspect it takes UH awhile to bundle their own updates and push everything out. I'll bet December update gets pushed out in April sometime with other fixes. It's simply the limitations of a tiny operation.
    01-09-23 07:36 AM
    Got this as well. I just wonder why they haven't released it for Slim too.
    01-09-23 09:30 AM
    Got this as well. I just wonder why they haven't released it for Slim too.
    Because their profit margin only allows for miniscule product support.
    01-09-23 09:36 AM
    Because their profit margin only allows for miniscule product support.
    I think the OG Titan got about 4 updates since launch in 2019.

The Pocket now got 2

The Slim only got 1 I believe

Sent from a slab for now
    01-09-23 12:21 PM

The Pocket now got 2

Sent from a slab for now
    So they are putting into these... what they get out of them. Makes perfect business sense!

But then I really don't see the point in Unihertz at this point.... I know in Japan they like gimmicks. But didn't see any evidence that the TickTock or Tank sold very well. Think Unihertz hit the market at a time when they tiny phones were able to appeal to a large crowd, but world has changed and even those don't seem to sell well enough.
    01-09-23 02:00 PM

The Pocket now got 2

Sent from a slab for now
    I would suspect the Slim will also see one last one.
    01-09-23 02:14 PM
    Is this 4g or does it also do 5g? Does is have word sub like the Blackberry's have always had? That is the most important thing I need on the phone as I have several multi paragraph clipboard type items that I have in word sub now. I have tried swift key but cannot get them to import into emails like it does with the native Blackberry word sub.
    01-09-23 05:32 PM
    Is this 4g or does it also do 5g? Does is have word sub like the Blackberry's have always had? That is the most important thing I need on the phone as I have several multi paragraph clipboard type items that I have in word sub now. I have tried swift key but cannot get them to import into emails like it does with the native Blackberry word sub.
    No Unihertz keyboard phones are 5G.

The default keyboard does not do word substitution.
    01-09-23 08:24 PM
    OK thanks so it does not have a built in word sub under predictive text like the blackberry does. Oh well Thanks for the reply.
    01-09-23 09:45 PM
    Spark quit. Splashes briefly then evaporates. Likewise GMail and inbox. Everything else seems okay? SMS okay. Update? Malware? Idk. Trucking on with Slim and spare nonupdated Pocket till time permits.
    01-10-23 10:34 AM
    Spark quit. Splashes briefly then evaporates. Likewise GMail and inbox. Everything else seems okay? SMS okay. Update? Malware? Idk. Trucking on with Slim and spare nonupdated Pocket till time permits.
    Hi Steve. Just curious whether problems were solved meanwhile?
    01-23-23 01:05 PM
    Hi Steve. Just curious whether problems were solved meanwhile?
    Time constraints limit solutions. I've moved sims into a newer Pocket with latest update. All's well with that. Old pocket is powered down, awaiting time. Did get Outlook to do email on it but never Spark, BB Inbox, nor Gmail. Idk. No others of my circles experienced similar after update. My "smart guys" wanna dig into it once they have time. Whenever that'll be. Lol

This newest Pocket (Sept 22 vintage) exhibits even softer keypress than the June vintage. Almost challenges Slim for feel. Still too phreeking wide, for MY thumb, but second fastest wpm of my "modern" collection.

Despite its uncomfortable width, Pocket remains most graspable while "... In Motion". Which is most times, for me.

Slim's best for longer typing sessions but only under "calm conditions". Climbing scaffolding or walking exuberant Monster Puppy (pleasantly behaved these days, btw), etc sees Pocket in hand most. Its wrist lanyard has earned its keep a couple times now. Lol
    Last edited by idssteve; 01-24-23 at 09:40 AM.
    01-24-23 09:29 AM
    Time constraints limit solutions. I've moved sims into a newer Pocket with latest update. All's well with that. Old pocket is powered down, awaiting time. Did get Outlook to do email on it but never Spark, BB Inbox, nor Gmail. Idk. No others of my circles experienced similar after update. My "smart guys" wanna dig into it once they have time. Whenever that'll be. Lol
    Thanks for that. Will start updating my pocket and slim as well.

Meanwhile can confirm all went well, no issues
    Last edited by johnsliderbb; 01-24-23 at 04:20 PM.
    01-24-23 10:52 AM

This newest Pocket (Sept 22 vintage) exhibits even softer keypress than the June vintage. Almost challenges Slim for feel. Still too phreeking wide, for MY thumb, but second fastest wpm of my "modern" collection.

Despite its uncomfortable width, Pocket remains most graspable while "... In Motion". Which is most times, for me.

Slim's best for longer typing sessions but only under "calm conditions". Climbing scaffolding or walking exuberant Monster Puppy (pleasantly behaved these days, btw), etc sees Pocket in hand most. Its wrist lanyard has earned its keep a couple times now. Lol
    For real? So basically the key press gets softened with each production run of this thing lol

Sent from a slab for now
    01-29-23 02:59 PM
    For real? So basically the key press gets softened with each production run of this thing lol

Sent from a slab for now
    lol... go figure. Still no trigger pull #s i trust but holding Sept 21 and Sept 22 side by side reveals remarkable improvement. Sept 22 seems pretty analogous to Slim key feel. IMO FWIW. The year old Sept 21 has softened quite a bit after a year of abuse but all keys did not soften equally. Lesser used ones still resist notably more. Even the softest of Sept 21 proves significantly stiffer than Sept 22... Subjective but notable.

I still prefer Slim's slimmer reach for single thumbing. While stationary. Sept 22 TP certainly charms my left hand while "... In Motion". Both surpassed my Classic wpm long ago. TP inches out Slim for wpd (words per day) mostly because it's in hand most while "living life". so far.

Although, my Slim is closing that gap lately. Fitted with a power case that permits truly wireless charging. Ledges formed by the power case assist grasp while "... In Motion". Still steep learning curve with the contraption. Good initial impressions tho. No Bold but... lol
    the_boon likes this.
    01-29-23 04:28 PM
    lol... go figure. Still no trigger pull #s i trust but holding Sept 21 and Sept 22 side by side reveals remarkable improvement. Sept 22 seems pretty analogous to Slim key feel. IMO FWIW. The year old Sept 21 has softened quite a bit after a year of abuse but all keys did not soften equally. Lesser used ones still resist notably more. Even the softest of Sept 21 proves significantly stiffer than Sept 22... Subjective but notable.

I still prefer Slim's slimmer reach for single thumbing. While stationary. Sept 22 TP certainly charms my left hand while "... In Motion". Both surpassed my Classic wpm long ago. TP inches out Slim for wpd (words per day) mostly because it's in hand most while "living life". so far.

Although, my Slim is closing that gap lately. Fitted with a power case that permits truly wireless charging. Ledges formed by the power case assist grasp while "... In Motion". Still steep learning curve with the contraption. Good initial impressions tho. No Bold but... lol
    Interesting insights

Sent from a slab for now
    01-29-23 05:48 PM
    What case might that be, can you share a link?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-02-23 01:08 PM
    What case might that be, can you share a link?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Something out of our fab shop. Should get permission to post photo. Probably ok.

Till then just think of a tpu case with very thin power bank under its back. Right angle C connector. Planning to keep spares charging at frequented locales. Adds at least 4hrs. Which now exceeds Pocket's endurance. Better matches my 24hr lifestyle. Loll. Can now sleep with Slim in hand on vibrate during protracted trouble shooting sessions Hoping to not disturb wife. She still hears vibe and wakes me anyway. She says she appreciates the thought tho. Loll.

Added ledge combines with added thick for added grasp. Loving the wrist lanyard. Needs some subtle improvement tho. Already submitted critique for version 2. Lol.
    Last edited by idssteve; 02-02-23 at 01:56 PM.
    terminatorx likes this.
    02-02-23 01:39 PM
3,710 ... 145146147148149