It is still a prototype but they are making progress. I hope that the keyboard scrolling gets better though. It doesn't seem continuous scrolling after you let go from the pkb after a stronger swipe.

The pi gestures however look very nice. Combining it with some bb10 themes i think this can be awesome.
    Funny how this phone is closer to bb10 in terms of ui and feel than the key series
    08-04-19 02:09 AM

It is still a prototype but they are making progress. I hope that the keyboard scrolling gets better though. It doesn't seem continuous scrolling after you let go from the pkb after a stronger swipe.

The pi gestures however look very nice. Combining it with some bb10 themes i think this can be awesome.
    Funny how this phone is closer to bb10 in terms of ui and feel than the key series
    This will be my next phone and the first Blackberry not since the appearance of the Blackberry Bold 9700 model, and so we were told that there can not be Passport on Android and again Blackberry competes for competition yet missing Blackberry Hub clone and multitasking as in BB10 and Blackberry no Blackberry will have its strengths and will die in this market.

Whoever does not develop it is lost.
    08-04-19 02:23 AM
    Same for me. Titan will be my first non BlackBerry till tenth of years ! No regrets but this brand is only the shadow of the past.
    Luniz and elfabio80 like this.
    08-04-19 03:24 AM
    Same for me. Titan will be my first non BlackBerry till tenth of years ! No regrets but this brand is only the shadow of the past.
    I agree and they could do something special they should try harder over the applications to let those who have passed the BB10 system have not felt the lack of functionality from BB10 just as new users of other companies should feel at Key2 that this good old Blackberry where in every respect it's industrialized, and it's just a substitute for good old Blackberry, and so does not get the market conservatively.

Blackberry Hub is no more Hub than BB10 only sprite and could do Hub instead of Productive Tab where it goes sideways wherever you are in Android By Blackberry just as someone can do Android Passport ala Blackberry says that because Google prohibits who here is cheating customers? The success of Blackberry was comprised of small but important amenities for the customer, every penny counts now, and they are afraid to go ahead.

You invest little to earn a little.
    08-04-19 04:10 AM
    Blackberry says that because Google prohibits who here is cheating customers?
    BlackBerry never said this. The issue is the Passport is a 1:1 screen ratio device and Google only started supporting that ratio in 2019 due to foldable dispalys. Both Google and BlackBerry collaborated on 1:1 ratio support on Android a few years ago but both decided it wasn't worth it at the time.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2016/09/27/w...ered-passport/
    08-04-19 11:24 AM
    chinese company? dont think they arent ripping off BlackBerry for one second.
    08-04-19 11:51 AM
    Hopefully it's a great device but will take a wait and see approach.
    08-04-19 12:21 PM
    ..not exactly sure what this device above has to do with Blackberry? similar form factor? wow..
    08-04-19 12:28 PM
    BlackBerry never said this. The issue is the Passport is a 1:1 screen ratio device and Google only started supporting that ratio in 2019 due to foldable dispalys. Both Google and BlackBerry collaborated on 1:1 ratio support on Android a few years ago but both decided it wasn't worth it at the time.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2016/09/27/w...ered-passport/
    But Blackberry / TCL is not eager to release Android Passport - competition is doing its job and it is closing the niche itself.
    08-04-19 12:40 PM
    But Blackberry / TCL is not eager to release Android Passport - competition is doing its job and it is closing the niche itself.
    Let's see how many they sell. So far, it's not even certified for Google apps because it's still on android Pie.

TCL could always build one based on Q if they thought it was viable.
    08-04-19 12:44 PM
    This isn’t Android Passport either though. PKB is not same with the VKB/PKB cofunction.
    08-04-19 12:57 PM
    This isn’t Android Passport either though. PKB is not same with the VKB/PKB cofunction.
    Based on the engadget hands-on video, there is a row of VKB with basic punctuation (! ? , .) that pops up when typing, similar to the Passport.
    anon(10387168) and Jake2826 like this.
    08-04-19 01:58 PM
    Let's see how many they sell. So far, it's not even certified for Google apps because it's still on android Pie.

TCL could always build one based on Q if they thought it was viable.
    But TCL will always have the weight of the BB tax upon them, and maybe they don't want to manufacture small boutique quantities, which is probably what Unihertz is expecting to do
    08-04-19 01:59 PM
    But TCL will always have the weight of the BB tax upon them, and maybe they don't want to manufacture small boutique quantities, which is probably what Unihertz is expecting to do
    That weight also gives them access to 10s to 100s of millions of dollars worth of keyboard research, development, and patents (and consequently, legal protections).

A bargain if you're in the pkb game.
    08-04-19 02:00 PM
    That weight also gives them access to 10s to 100s of millions of dollars worth of keyboard development and patents.
    They can do without them, especially at this point.

They have three keyboard devices to study from.

It's not like BB ltd are the only ones with the knowledge to make a nice serviceable keyboard on a mobile phone.

They do have an edge, but let's not pretend they're the only ones who hold the key.
    08-04-19 02:06 PM
    Since when did just having a PKB justify **** on a stick? Not being a jerk but we’ve made quite a few exceptions for BBMo/TCT with hardware but let’s not pretend this is an LE and this is priced within LE range. It’s literally any PKB circa 2003-2006 range before Android/iOS started the light and thin craze.

I like utilitarian economical vehicles but I’m not buying an old circa 1980s subcompact without airbags or the standard 13” wheels to save money and gas either... if that were the case we’d be grey market deep in Chery brand subcompacts.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-04-19 04:31 PM
    That weight also gives them access to 10s to 100s of millions of dollars worth of keyboard research, development, and patents (and consequently, legal protections).

A bargain if you're in the pkb game.
    I'm afraid TCL have read keyboard research reports too quickly:
    -Bad response of touch keyboard for word selection.
    -Stupid "space" fingerprint sensor when opening the session.
    -Random sym key...
    Let's try the Titan. If its able to offer me 80% of passport productivity, it's ok for me.
    08-04-19 04:51 PM
    They can do without them, especially at this point.

They have three keyboard devices to study from.

It's not like BB ltd are the only ones with the knowledge to make a nice serviceable keyboard on a mobile phone.

They do have an edge, but let's not pretend they're the only ones who hold the key.
    Yeah and the only consistent complaints across previews with the Titan's keyboard are software and backlighting, both of which can be solved. The F(x) Tec Pro has been getting praise for its keyboard as well and the few Jio Phone 2 videos in English that I've seen only complain about the size of the device.

I think it's down to keyboard preference more than brand at this point. Do you prefer a horizontal or a vertical keyboard? Slider or non slider? 3 row or 4 row? etc. It's a familiar discussion on CrackBerry and now we're seeing it become (slightly) more mainstream.
    08-04-19 04:55 PM
    To use these devices comes with huge cautions though. Probably no OS support and baked in malware/adware. ROM support is also very questionable as a workaround. That would be my biggest gripe
    08-04-19 05:43 PM
    Yeah and the only consistent complaints across previews with the Titan's keyboard are software and backlighting, both of which can be solved. The F(x) Tec Pro has been getting praise for its keyboard as well and the few Jio Phone 2 videos in English that I've seen only complain about the size of the device.

I think it's down to keyboard preference more than brand at this point. Do you prefer a horizontal or a vertical keyboard? Slider or non slider? 3 row or 4 row? etc. It's a familiar discussion on CrackBerry and now we're seeing it become (slightly) more mainstream.
    There are still very little PKB options outside BBMo at this point, and I still prefer theirs but I'm happy someone else out there is making them.

Don't even get me started on that awful looking JioPhone 2 lol
    John Albert likes this.
    08-04-19 05:44 PM
    There are still very little PKB options outside BBMo at this point, and I still prefer theirs but I'm happy someone else out there is making them.

Don't even get me started on that awful looking JioPhone 2 lol
    Yet that JioPhone 2 seems to be a PKB success or is that a wrong assumption?
    08-04-19 06:24 PM
    Yet that JioPhone 2 seems to be a PKB success or is that a wrong assumption?
    Depends. Some would say it's not because it"s only sold in India, but others would say that India is a big market.
    08-04-19 06:27 PM
    Depends. Some would say it's not because it"s only sold in India, but others would say that India is a big market.
    Either it’s been worth selling for the OEM, carrier or both, profit-wise, or not. I suspect a full PKB is preferred over traditional alphanumeric KB of a flip or candy bar phone.
    08-04-19 06:31 PM
    There's a few points to bring up. 1) Nokia, LG, Samsung, Motorola all made qwerty phones before the all glass craze, and some were really good. 2) Blackberry owns the patents to their keyboard, not every keyboard. 3) competition in the space is a good idea. we could use more options. While I do enjoy blackberry security, I would enjoy a similar phone with an unlocked downloader. The Titan may be a terrible phone, it may be a good phone, we don't know yet. But more interest in QWERTY helps blackberry and us all.
    08-04-19 08:36 PM
    There's a few points to bring up. 1) Nokia, LG, Samsung, Motorola all made qwerty phones before the all glass craze, and some were really good. 2) Blackberry owns the patents to their keyboard, not every keyboard. 3) competition in the space is a good idea. we could use more options. While I do enjoy blackberry security, I would enjoy a similar phone with an unlocked downloader. The Titan may be a terrible phone, it may be a good phone, we don't know yet. But more interest in QWERTY helps blackberry and us all.
    Engadget recently posted a video review of the Titan and their analysis seems fair:
    IvanTheTolerable likes this.
    08-04-19 08:39 PM
76 123 ...