no tracking for me yet
    Hey man, you jumped in too ! ? Surprised!
    You ditched the keyboard long time ago no ?

Happy new year !
    01-01-20 04:13 AM
    I'll take Google tracking over unknown tracking/harvesting anytime.
    I’ll take no tracking. Not sure which of the 2 options above is the worst in the long end.

Being a puppet in some state control system or being a muppet in some advertising bubble.
    3800 likes this.
    01-01-20 04:20 AM
    Hey man, you jumped in too ! ? Surprised!
    You ditched the keyboard long time ago no ?

Happy new year !
    just to play with not serious use at all
    01-01-20 09:25 AM
    Im in the same boat. I wonder how many more of the 3k backers are as well?
    01-01-20 09:41 AM
    Same here, very curious about this device but it's probably not gonna replace my KEY2 lol
    01-01-20 11:12 AM
    Ok, enjoy !
    01-02-20 03:28 AM
    I guess a good part of them.
    01-02-20 03:29 AM
    Same here, very curious about this device but it's probably not gonna replace my KEY2 lol
    Sait-on jamais !
    01-02-20 03:30 AM
    no tracking for me yet
    tracking today
    01-03-20 11:47 AM
    tracking today
    yeah got mine too now
    01-03-20 12:14 PM
    Will you be posting a review (even though it's not actually a BlackBerry)?
    I've just received my device today. Here's my impressions:

The device is big. While screen size is the same as on the Passport, it feels much bigger, because it is also pretty thick. Also it feels significantly heavier than the Passport.

The keyboard has a rather weird layout. I will need time to get used to it. Punctuation marks are on the left side, numbers on the right. The alt key is above the keyboard, so is the shift key. Rather weird: the home, back and recent apps controls are hardware buttons. One may argue that this saves screen space, but to me it feels rather strange.

For me the biggest disappointance was the way multilingality is implemented. You have to switch languages manually, and the keyboard layout is "national" rather than "phonetic", i.e. if you switch your "querty" keyboard to German layout, you will have a "quertz" keyboard, i.e. you have to press the "z" key to get a "y". It's far worse when you switch to a non-latin charset, like cyrillic. There is support for Russian, but you get Russian keyboard layout rather than "yasherty", the phonetic variant. For me as a non-native speaker this is simply unusable.

This shows rather impressively what big a role BlackBerry's software layer plays. The BB keyboard with its support for several languages in parallel (or "on the fly") and the phonetic non-latin keyboard layouts is not part of vanilla Android, so it's missing on the Titan. Other apps, like the Hub, are of course installable, while of course the subscription-based license puts me off a bit.

I have raised my concerns in the Unihertz Titan group on Facebook, and I will track replies there. For now I've put my device back into its box and will appreciate my Key2 even more than I did before.

I might be interested to sell my Titan, so you might PM me
    anon(10235536) likes this.
    01-03-20 12:52 PM
    not shocked at all. I think people that bought this thinking it would be an actual replacement to the passport or alternative to the key series will be shocked with the differences and bugs.
    pdr733 likes this.
    01-03-20 01:03 PM
    I've just received my device today. Here's my impressions:

The device is big. While screen size is the same as on the Passport, it feels much bigger, because it is also pretty thick. Also it feels significantly heavier than the Passport.

The keyboard has a rather weird layout. I will need time to get used to it. Punctuation marks are on the left side, numbers on the right. The alt key is above the keyboard, so is the shift key. Rather weird: the home, back and recent apps controls are hardware buttons. One may argue that this saves screen space, but to me it feels rather strange.

For me the biggest disappointance was the way multilingality is implemented. You have to switch languages manually, and the keyboard layout is "national" rather than "phonetic", i.e. if you switch your "querty" keyboard to German layout, you will have a "quertz" keyboard, i.e. you have to press the "z" key to get a "y". It's far worse when you switch to a non-latin charset, like cyrillic. There is support for Russian, but you get Russian keyboard layout rather than "yasherty", the phonetic variant. For me as a non-native speaker this is simply unusable.

This shows rather impressively what big a role BlackBerry's software layer plays. The BB keyboard with its support for several languages in parallel (or "on the fly") and the phonetic non-latin keyboard layouts is not part of vanilla Android, so it's missing on the Titan. Other apps, like the Hub, are of course installable, while of course the subscription-based license puts me off a bit.

I have raised my concerns in the Unihertz Titan group on Facebook, and I will track replies there. For now I've put my device back into its box and will appreciate my Key2 even more than I did before.

I might be interested to sell my Titan, so you might PM me
    But the Key2 was SO OVERPRICED said the whiners.... I guess maybe it wasn’t

Thanks for the honest and detailed evaluation

Chuck
    01-03-20 06:34 PM
    Please do!
    Tracking.........will be in my hot hands SAT
    01-03-20 06:59 PM
    yeah got mine too now
    Mine will be here Sat......yours too?
    01-03-20 07:01 PM
    not shocked at all. I think people that bought this thinking it would be an actual replacement to the passport or alternative to the key series will be shocked with the differences and bugs.
    As I am, I got this to play with.......a Passport killer its not. But it still will be fun.
    01-03-20 07:03 PM
    Mine is being delivered (Chicagoland) tomorrow. Ought to be interesting!
    01-03-20 09:22 PM
    I made some progress yesterday - got the blackberry stuff installed using Cobalt232's Blackberry Manager. Also got the prediction to work with the BB keyboard. However I haven't yet managed to get cyrillic characters with it. When switching to a non-latin language the keyboard gives me predictions in that language, but when typing I still get latin output. Maybe there's a hint or fix for this already?
    01-04-20 02:36 AM
    What was the individual cost to be part of this experiment? Where there any official statements regarding update cycles?
    01-04-20 10:30 AM
    What was the individual cost to be part of this experiment? Where there any official statements regarding update cycles?
    Some poeple got in under $200 other up to $260 i think. An there is no certainty of anything. You might get no updates lol
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-04-20 10:44 AM
    How anyone could say "It has very little in common with the Passport.", is beyond me.
    I think it has the same exact screen, touch sensitive keyboard or was intended to, same row keyboard and basic design. Lol

No not much in common
    01-04-20 10:57 PM
    I just got my Titan and have never endured such a horrible typing experience.

If I don't force myself to type slow and hit the keys harder than I naturally would, I get missed letters and spaces all the time.

This is NOT what I consider to be a reliable PKB.

So far I seem to be the only one with these issues. Hopefully I am, because I hate this thing right now.

I'm typing this post on it and I'm going very slow, but even then, there are missed letters and spaces.
    01-04-20 11:01 PM
    get used to the new layout and speed will pick up dramatically. So far so good with mine.
    01-04-20 11:50 PM
    get used to the new layout and speed will pick up dramatically. So far so good with mine.
    I don't think you understand what I was saying.

If I type like I normally would, I get a bunch of missed spaces and letters so I HAVE to force myself to type slower and hit the keys harder in order to get acceptable input.

It may very well be software related because all of the keys seem to work, but not nearly consistent enough for me to call it reliable.

What a shame
    01-04-20 11:57 PM
    Funny you should say that, as back in the day I had an unlocked Passport and the force necessary to get the keys to register was really tiresome. At the time the AT&T version, along with the later released Sliver Edition had keys that were much easier to press. My Titan has a feel not far off from my Key2LE, which I love. I will say, however, that the space bar is a bit firmer to press than the rest of the keys, which is taking some getting used to. All said, for $199 I'm pretty thrilled.
    01-05-20 12:09 AM
53 123