Just poking around Unihertz's server, and there appears to be something called a Jelly 2, running Android 10 and the June 5th 2020 patch.

It also appears to sport a 2018 MediaTek Helio P60 (somewhat equivalent to the SD 660).
    Last edited by conite; 06-16-20 at 12:11 AM.
    06-15-20 11:44 PM
    Just poking around Unihertz's server, and there appears to be something called a Jelly 2, running Android 10 and the June 5th 2020 patch.

It also appears to sport a 2018 MediaTek Helio P60 (somewhat equivalent to the SD 660).
    That maybe the Android 10 update promised for the Titan in October?
    Could also be a possible new version of their original Jelly phone...
    Last edited by Grungni; 06-16-20 at 05:47 AM.
    06-16-20 05:20 AM

I think it really refers to the AtomXL or Atom L. AFAIK there is no Jelly 2. At one point, someone referred to this phone as an upgrade to the Jelly, hence Jelly 2. I should be getting mine very shortly and it (supposedly) has Android 10 with June release.

oh and it has the P60 as you mentioned.
    06-16-20 12:45 PM
    I think it really refers to the AtomXL or Atom L. AFAIK there is no Jelly 2. At one point, someone referred to this phone as an upgrade to the Jelly, hence Jelly 2. I should be getting mine very shortly and it (supposedly) has Android 10 with June release.
    Could be, for sure. But the name Jelly 2 appears WITHIN the OS build itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No occurrence of the name Atom at all.
    06-16-20 12:49 PM
    Could be, for sure. But the name Jelly 2 appears WITHIN the OS build itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No occurrence of the name Atom at all.

Nobody's suppose to go digging around looking for that kind of stuff...
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    06-16-20 01:19 PM
    Nobody's suppose to go digging around looking for that kind of stuff...
    I wonder how bad @conite machine has been compromised “on their servers” now. That’s at least 4 weeks of penicillin shots...
    06-16-20 03:31 PM

Tsepz_GP likes this.
    06-17-20 05:04 PM

oh and it has the P60 as you mentioned.
    Or...........I could be totally wrong..........again!
    anon(5597702) and Bla1ze like this.
    06-17-20 05:50 PM
    Or...........I could be totally wrong..........again!
    Join the club.
    Bla1ze and brookie229 like this.
    06-17-20 06:16 PM
    Thanks for the link, the Jelly 2 looks like another great niche product from Unihertz, specs are awesome for the size... Nice to see that this is not a rugged product too... Hopes for a non rugged keyboard device are not dead...
    06-18-20 03:13 AM
    What's the use of it when they cannot ship to half the world... in 21st century

Posted via CB10
    06-18-20 10:04 AM
    What's the use of it when they cannot ship to half the world... in 21st century

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean? Where cannot Unihertz ship their product?
    06-18-20 10:12 AM
    What do you mean? Where cannot Unihertz ship their product?
    India.... because of the 20% tariffs on imported phones, and the crackdown on those trying to import individual units via outside sales.

World is still a complicated place to do business in. And as online become the main place people shop, governments are developing ways to get their "fair" share.
    06-18-20 10:14 AM
    India.... because of the 20% tariffs on imported phones, and the crackdown on those trying to import individual units via outside sales.
    Ah - did not know that. That's not exactly 1/2 the world but a massive market nonetheless.
    06-18-20 10:18 AM
    Ah - did not know that. That's not exactly 1/2 the world but a massive market nonetheless.
    It's 17.7% of the world....

But I suspect there are many other places that also don't allow imports from China or the other three distribution points that Unihertz set up. Without meeting some regulatory or tariff compliance... that just not worth Unihertz efforts for that market. Small company can only do so much...
    06-18-20 10:23 AM
    India, Brazil, Mexico, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia. And many others.
    Plus, all other sellers from all around the world ship to these countries without any problem...

Posted via CB10
    06-18-20 01:53 PM
    That’s one cute little phone

To think that back in the late 2000s/early 2010s, a 3inch screen was actually considered a good size, now it is absolutely puny.

I remember Motorola had one of the smallest touchscreen phones in the ROKR E6 which had a 2.4inch Resistive Touchscreen. My Nokia 5800 XpressMusic had a 3.2inch Resistive Touchscreen and I absolutely enjoyed it but could never go back to that now.
    06-18-20 02:11 PM
    Plus, all other sellers from all around the world ship to these countries without any problem...

Posted via CB10
    Blame those countries for their import tariffs.
    06-18-20 02:19 PM
    I live in Bosnia, and the same is for Serbia. We have to pay tax for every merchandise we order, that is over 150 euros.
    And, if I am ready to pay that, I don't see what is the problem to send it to me?! I pay for that, not Unihertz!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-20 02:23 PM

Posted via CB10

Most companies that want to sell smartphone in India, have moved facilities there to at very least assembly the components there to comply. Unihertzs can't do that with a product that might not sell more than couple hundred units there.

And the red tape and cost of legally shipping a smart phone is enough to make any tiny company walk away. Phone that would cost ¥2399 in China, would be ¥3447 once you paid shipping , Insurance, Landing, Custom Duty and GST Tax. Plenty of places to find the cost of shipping to India. Few years ago it was no problem sending a used 9900 to someone there. But things have changed in the last couple of years. As they are now scanning more packages to find those products not paying the import fees.

I don't doubt there are black-market imports of other devices.... but I suspect they have to be more poplar than the Titan.

I know Brazil is VERY picking about phone imports... even if you get one in market, you can't active it.
    06-18-20 02:27 PM
    I live in Bosnia, and the same is for Serbia. We have to pay tax for every merchandise we order, that is over 150 euros.
    And, if I am ready to pay that, I don't see what is the problem to send it to me?! I pay for that, not Unihertz!

Posted via CB10
    They have so few to sell, why would they bother dealing with extra red tape when they don't have to? Again, talk to your own government. Ask them why they make it difficult.
    06-18-20 02:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Same answer I gave you a week or two ago. It's not just the over $150 part alone but other requirements for certain imports like phones and electronics.

I'm sure there are companies in your country that provide import service using other countries to operate grey market.

Just ship to your family member (in Germany) and have them ship to you.
    06-18-20 03:18 PM
    That’s one cute little phone

To think that back in the late 2000s/early 2010s, a 3inch screen was actually considered a good size, now it is absolutely puny.

I remember Motorola had one of the smallest touchscreen phones in the ROKR E6 which had a 2.4inch Resistive Touchscreen. My Nokia 5800 XpressMusic had a 3.2inch Resistive Touchscreen and I absolutely enjoyed it but could never go back to that now.
    Yup. The last E series phone, the E6 had a 2.5 Inch touchscreen. Capacitive too.
    06-23-20 11:20 AM