I was on Unihertz's Facebook page yesterday, Nov.14, 2021 and that led me to Unihertz' Twitter where I spotted this: https://twitter.com/Unihertz/status/...218691/photo/1
    What doest thou thinketh?
    11-15-21 03:05 PM
    I was on Unihertz's Facebook page yesterday, Nov.14, 2021 and that led me to Unihertz' Twitter where I spotted this: https://twitter.com/Unihertz/status/...218691/photo/1
    Yes, this was posted when we got the email 3 days ago.

We don't know anything about it yet - least of which whether it will be a pkb device or not.
    boogywstew likes this.
    11-15-21 03:13 PM
    Well ... damn! Now I have to start getting up before I go to bed to catch you folks short! I took a quick look around here and didn't see a thing about it. I honestly thought this item would be the talk of the town.
    Maybe it'll be a Pocket with a slightly bigger screen , moving from Q10 to Classic territory or an updated Titan with a great camera. Hope springs eternal.
    I'm on the verge of buying a new Pocket or Titan but I guess I'll have to wait to see how this announcement shakes out. I wouldn't expect this new Unihertz to be available until after the February 2022 deadline anyway and like you state, it may not be a PKB device.
    11-15-21 04:36 PM
    Well ... damn! Now I have to start getting up before I go to bed to catch you folks short! I took a quick look around here and didn't see a thing about it. I honestly thought this item would be the talk of the town.
    Maybe it'll be a Pocket with a slightly bigger screen , moving from Q10 to Classic territory or an updated Titan with a great camera. Hope springs eternal.
    I'm on the verge of buying a new Pocket or Titan but I guess I'll have to wait to see how this announcement shakes out. I wouldn't expect this new Unihertz to be available until after the February 2022 deadline anyway and like you state, it may not be a PKB device.
    Something tells me it won't be a PKB so close after the Pocket, but I'm ready to be surprised.
    boogywstew and saint300 like this.
    11-15-21 05:05 PM
    Let's hope for the best... and it will be a KEY-like device that I could give a -very pleasant- try
    boogywstew likes this.
    11-15-21 05:12 PM
    I suspect Atom XL 2/3 whatever the naming sequence is for their 5G device introduction.
    11-15-21 05:27 PM
    I suspect Atom XL 2/3 whatever the naming sequence is for their 5G device introduction.
    yeppers
    11-15-21 06:40 PM
    This.......right on imo.
    11-15-21 06:43 PM
    My money is on your guess.
    11-15-21 09:48 PM
    I also don't think they will make new pkb device so soon after Titan Pocket. It makes no sense.
    I am hapily using my Pocket, but it needs much better camera and screen that isn't 1:1 ratio.
    11-16-21 01:24 AM
    Well, it doesn't have a PKB, interesting design though
    11-16-21 06:24 AM
    Well, it doesn't have a PKB, interesting design though[IMG=540x567]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211116/33fd15ff1e530c66cbef3947070eb6b9.jpg[/url]
    It's something alright....
    11-16-21 07:16 AM
    Well, it doesn't have a PKB, interesting design though[IMG=540x567]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211116/33fd15ff1e530c66cbef3947070eb6b9.jpg[/url]
    I can't see this on their website. Am I doing something wrong?
    11-16-21 08:13 AM
    I can't see this on their website. Am I doing something wrong?
    Twitter.
    11-16-21 08:24 AM
    Twitter.
    Thanks!
    11-16-21 08:37 AM
    Creative. Cudoes for the courage, at least. Such "out of the box" thinking surely has Mao spinning in his grave! Lol. (do communists bury their master perpetrators like mere "mortals" ? Lol)

Can't help but recall Preston Tucker's attempt to sell a car with seat belts...? in 1948?? Lol. "THE Market" (= Detroit's Cower Corp establishment) had "spoken". Lol.

I might buy one of these just to collect an example of creative courage in design. Imo. Fwiw.
    boogywstew likes this.
    11-16-21 10:02 AM

I might buy one of these just to collect an example of creative courage in design. Imo. Fwiw.
    Do you distinguish between creative/good and creative/terrible?
    11-16-21 11:23 AM
    He's just applauding different than the status quo... I hear that's the Enlighted thing to do.

Does seem like a waste, and a possible issue for it's ruggedized usage.

Me I stopped wearing a wrist watch back when I started using a dumb phone thirty years ago now.... I have considered buying one again, more for it's health benefits. But I'm having a hard time seeing the usefulness of a wristwatch strapped to the back of a smart phone. Guess if you need to tell time and you don't want to use the always one display feature or have to touch you phone to wake it up or just ask it what time it is.

More interested in seeing how cheap Unihertz can do a 5G phone... as they should be a good indicator (plus $100) of what a new PKB would be later this year with 5G (if they do another that soon).
    11-16-21 11:45 AM
    Disappointing...
    11-16-21 11:48 AM
    Of course. Neither is possible if either is impossible. Imo. Lol.

Somewhat like Dunt, I don't see personal usefulness in displaying a single time zone. REAL phones comunicate across many time zones. I typically find ways or apps to display half doz time zones. Simply to better collaborate communications. But then, idk few details of what UH is up to. Lol.
    11-16-21 12:14 PM
    He's just applauding different than the status quo... I hear that's the Enlighted thing to do.

Does seem like a waste, and a possible issue for it's ruggedized usage.

Me I stopped wearing a wrist watch back when I started using a dumb phone thirty years ago now.... I have considered buying one again, more for it's health benefits. But I'm having a hard time seeing the usefulness of a wristwatch strapped to the back of a smart phone. Guess if you need to tell time and you don't want to use the always one display feature or have to touch you phone to wake it up or just ask it what time it is.

More interested in seeing how cheap Unihertz can do a 5G phone... as they should be a good indicator (plus $100) of what a new PKB would be later this year with 5G (if they do another that soon).
    I didn't understand the wristwatch part of your comment then I went and looked at the device. I agree that I don't understand the value other than just different. That could be a bad omen for Unihertz if just adding 5G isn't enough of a selling point for an updated VKB form.
    11-16-21 12:24 PM
    I didn't understand the wristwatch part of your comment then I went and looked at the device. I agree that I don't understand the value other than just different. That could be a bad omen for Unihertz if just adding 5G isn't enough of a selling point for an updated VKB form.
    Well, I dont think this model will be top sales.

But I am actually impressed of how fast Unihertz develops a new model and delivers. It is not crazy to think they will go for a KEY like model at some point.
    11-16-21 12:28 PM

But I am actually impressed of how fast Unihertz develops a new model and delivers. It is not crazy to think they will go for a KEY like model at some point.
    Their business model is simply whatever surplus components are offered heavily discounted. As I said, I'm surprised Unihertz spent extra cost on the watch component which could turn off some prospective return customers.
    11-16-21 12:31 PM

They don't have the ability (technical or financial) to make anything like the KEY devices.

Big, blocky, and cheap is their game.
    11-16-21 12:34 PM
    They don't have the ability (technical or financial) to make anything like the KEY devices.

Big, blocky, and cheap is their game.
    Nothing on FCC, but they did apply for some "Unibuds" back in August.... just what the market needs is some more wireless earbud options.

Would have made more sense to do a Smartwatch by itself (like everyone else is tying to do)... but they might not have been able to make the components fit and this is what they ended up with, and the went ahead a slap a screen on it.
    11-16-21 01:12 PM
67 123