08-09-19 12:54 AM
    While it is getting Android 9.0, it remains to be seen how quickly the company will roll out updates to the Titan. Both for Android version updates and the monthly security patches.
    08-09-19 03:54 AM
    It's incredible that such a small company is able to offer PIE and TCL can't do it.

Shame!
    Mecca EL, anon(10218918) and RK_BB like this.
    08-09-19 05:50 AM
    They just don't give a f**k )
    RK_BB likes this.
    08-09-19 07:02 AM
    That is a good sign for those interested in the Titan...
    RK_BB, moosbb and melhiore like this.
    08-09-19 07:26 AM
    Anything is better than TCL now. Even my better half's Samsung is on July sec patch. SAMSUNG!!! The King of late and never!! I think now I've seen everything....
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    08-09-19 03:23 PM
    Can we have a separate titan forum?

Posted via CB10
    gamegurl and Mecca EL like this.
    08-09-19 03:25 PM
    Can we have a separate titan forum?

Posted via CB10
    No, but you can have a generic 'other platforms' and 'Android' forums for now. You're in it.
    krazyatom, Mecca EL and Bbnivende like this.
    08-09-19 03:58 PM
    It's incredible that such a small company is able to offer PIE and TCL can't do it.

Shame!
    Just curious. Why do you think TCL is to blame? Given Optiemus has put it on record that they had issues with BlackBerry Ltd allegedly not holding up their end of some undisclosed agreement, it seems to me that perhaps there's more than one plausible failure point here and not all of it depends on TCL/BB Mobile.

I mean, TCL is technically able to roll out Pie, but that Pie build has to come from SOMEWHERE and has to be approved by BOTH parties. Is BlackBerry sending builds and TCL/BlackBerry Mobile is not accepting them or is TCL/BlackBerry Mobile building them, and BlackBerry Ltd. is not accepting them?

It's in the best interest of both parties to release it, so it just seems logical to assume there's a disconnect somewhere and there's simply not enough information to say who exactly that is. If I were playing the blame game, I'd have to hand that blame out equally and say 'BlackBerry and TCL need to get it together' rather than pick one or the other but that's just me.
    08-09-19 04:16 PM
    Just curious. Why do you think TCL is to blame? Given Optiemus has put it on record that they had issues with BlackBerry Ltd allegedly not holding up their end of some undisclosed agreement, it seems to me that perhaps there's more than one plausible failure point here and not all of it depends on TCL/BB Mobile.

I mean, TCL is technically able to roll out Pie, but that Pie build has to come from SOMEWHERE and has to be approved by BOTH parties. Is BlackBerry sending builds and TCL/BlackBerry Mobile is not accepting them or is TCL/BlackBerry Mobile building them, and BlackBerry Ltd. is not accepting them?

It's in the best interest of both parties to release it, so it just seems logical to assume there's a disconnect somewhere and there's simply not enough information to say who exactly that is. If I were playing the blame game, I'd have to hand that blame out equally and say 'BlackBerry and TCL need to get it together' rather than pick one or the other but that's just me.
    Hi Bla1ze,

Thank you very much for your detailed answer. You actually offer an explanatory approach when you claim that "possibly" the interaction between BlackBerry Ltd. and TCL/BlackBerry Mobile does not work and the two companies have problems with each other.

But I and many other TCL/BlackBerry Mobile customers don't really need to care about that. I have a "contract" with TCL/BlackBerry Mobile!

If TCL/BlackBerry Mobile should have a problem with a supplier, then TCL/BlackBerry Mobile must solve the problem.

If TCL/BlackBerry Mobile does not succeed, then I blame TCL/BlackBerry Mobile first and foremost.

If TCL/BlackBerry Mobile also stops communicating with its customers, then I can only blame TCL/BlackBerry Mobile.

As long as we do not have any information from TCL/BlackBerry Mobile, as you have confirmed, all explanations are based on speculation. Therefore I would also be careful with the reference to the problems between Optiemus and BlackBerry Ltd. This may or may not be related.

Unless you have other information due to your close contacts with TCL/BlackBerry Mobile?
    anon(10218918), melhiore and RK_BB like this.
    08-10-19 04:50 AM
    Hi Bla1ze,

Thank you very much for your detailed answer. You actually offer an explanatory approach when you claim that "possibly" the interaction between BlackBerry Ltd. and TCL/BlackBerry Mobile does not work and the two companies have problems with each other.

But I and many other TCL/BlackBerry Mobile customers don't really need to care about that. I have a "contract" with TCL/BlackBerry Mobile!

If TCL/BlackBerry Mobile should have a problem with a supplier, then TCL/BlackBerry Mobile must solve the problem.

If TCL/BlackBerry Mobile does not succeed, then I blame TCL/BlackBerry Mobile first and foremost.

If TCL/BlackBerry Mobile also stops communicating with its customers, then I can only blame TCL/BlackBerry Mobile.

As long as we do not have any information from TCL/BlackBerry Mobile, as you have confirmed, all explanations are based on speculation. Therefore I would also be careful with the reference to the problems between Optiemus and BlackBerry Ltd. This may or may not be related.

Unless you have other information due to your close contacts with TCL/BlackBerry Mobile?
    What’s the problem with disclosing Optiemus issues and speculation? It’s public information.
    08-10-19 06:11 AM
    Atom just got another update today!
    08-27-19 11:07 AM