Ok here's the link... watch till the end and sorry for the horrible typing but I'm still adjusting to it :P Also the video is kinda grainy because the video is still being processed and should be better once it's done processing.
    Mine will sometimes close like that too. I think you're pressing something that's causing it to think you're done. Or it could be a glitch. Who knows?

As far as the numeric keypad coming up, you're hitting the alt key. Watch the video again, and you'll notice that you hit it quite often, actually. Even in the beginning, but I think the auto-correct catches that you don't mean to hit it and ignores the press. But yep, you're definitely hitting it.

Anything else?
    11-08-09 06:50 PM
    My thumb hovers above the alt key and doesn't touch it. Even if I did hit the alt key, that would just make the keyboard go into caps, which doesn't happen.
    11-08-09 07:01 PM
    Dam I wish you were having the same problem I am having. Does yours happen not to even register clicks when you are typing? In landscape mode sometimes I will type and it will recognize the keys but will not show up on screen. also when in portrait mode I will start to type and it will come up with the search screen. This is not what I expected at all....
    Yes I notice mines does that a lot, it will show the letter pop up when i press it but won't register as it being typed.
    11-08-09 07:02 PM
    Anyone else have that problem I saw at the store where if I pressed the w or something sometimes It will add two or more. Very weird. Like I said, good phone for the time I messed with it. Just curious about that one thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 07:54 PM
    i do make alot of mistakes typing so now i basically use the pull out keyboard for everything

11-08-09 08:38 PM
    Yes I notice mines does that a lot, it will show the letter pop up when i press it but won't register as it being typed.
    Exactly. I mean its not a huge deal but it does get annoying when you dont realize it then all of a sudden your done typing and nothing is there...
    11-08-09 09:17 PM
    Ok so I took my droid to verizon and they swapped it out for a new one. Still doing the same thing, but somehow not as much. For those saying you can type much faster than you can on an S2 I call BS prove it, throw a vid up on youtube. Gonna try and download the keyboard app and see if it helps.
    11-08-09 11:36 PM
    I have typed 100 times faster using a storm 2 in full keyboard mode holding it vertically than on the droid with the same settings. The Storm2 can register my next keystroke before I let go of the first letter, that is why it's faster.
    11-10-09 02:01 PM
    I've notice a slightly different issue at the store. You type a letter, but it registred the letter next to the one you originally typed! It does this frequently and gets annoying. The Hero has a calibration function but does the droid have one to? One of the reason I dislike virtue keyboards.

11-10-09 03:06 PM
    im using better keyboard.....(iphone skin)...love it...bigger keys in portrait.
    i am still having that auto close issue with the keyboard for no reason in landscape.

AT LEAST IN BETTER KEYBOARD (not sure about stock keyboard)...you can swipe finger to the right to simulate an alt press) or to the left to swap to t9 ...cool
    11-10-09 06:46 PM
    Ok so I took my droid to verizon and they swapped it out for a new one. Still doing the same thing, but somehow not as much. For those saying you can type much faster than you can on an S2 I call BS prove it, throw a vid up on youtube. Gonna try and download the keyboard app and see if it helps.
    No videos to respond to this challenge yet?

11-11-09 11:39 AM
    That is weird bro. At first I thought maybe your thumb was touching the numeric button but on that last one it was clear that you didn't. Maybe you found a keyboard glitch. I havent had it happen yet but i type closer to my finger tips. And about the keyboard disapearing if you touch the top row and drag down a little, it doesn't take much, it will swipe down. Maybe that is thats going on there.

11-11-09 04:00 PM
    If you hate it that much, get Better Keyboard or one of the other alternate virtual keyboards IMO
    11-11-09 06:02 PM
    Typing is great for me; light years beyond my storm.
    Agreed, especially with the on-screen keyboard in landscape mode. I rarely make a typing error.
    11-11-09 10:27 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD