Hi all,

I really think there are group chatting alternatives out there; I actually think they've existed already.

Right now I've tried setting up a Google Groups account, but apparently they're dropping file, and page support.

Hence, I've established a yahoo group. I really want to see how this works out for you guys, until Live Profile goes live with a group chat element.

I've been using Yahoo Groups for a while with my family, and friends. There you can upload photos, files, etc. Just so you all, know it works pretty decently with Gmail, as it'll feature grouped threads for conversations.

Just PM me your email addresses are so I can invite, or add you to the group.

Thanks ahead of time.

Lester.
    12-11-10 10:41 PM
    Ditch the genetic avatar, then I will join.
    12-11-10 11:30 PM
    Which avatar are you talking about, the one I have for CB? That one won't be showcased, most definitely.

Right now, I'm finding out this will be a little more difficult than expected. I should have foreseen this, though.

My thinking was, since a lot of you guys have gmail addresses - in addition to being pushed for Android devices, it would give off an insantaneousness with how emails within the group would be done. It's proven itself tricky because the web-based features of yahoo groups can be only accessible if you sign up for a yahoo account. So, for now, it's technically email based. But, I figured any messages would be sent to a central group.

But, if you think about BBM in principle, it's almost the same way: short bursts of messages, or long-winded messages.

I just wish Live Profile, Google; or whoever, will bring out an IM solution allowing for group chatting, and file/picture sharing.

If you guys still want in, I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by lssanjose; 12-11-10 at 11:43 PM.
    12-11-10 11:41 PM
    Have you checked out "Kik"? Reminds me a LOT of BBM and it's really easy to use.
    12-12-10 02:53 AM
    Have you checked out "Kik"? Reminds me a LOT of BBM and it's really easy to use.
    A friend of mine just pointed this out to me, I really like it, although I find that I've been using google talk alot too.
    12-12-10 10:27 AM
    Live Profile actually takes it to another level. Unlike KIK, you can set status, profile pic, has PIN, block users, accept reject add requests, very nice UI and links to twitter and facebook.
    LiveProfile likes this.
    12-12-10 10:56 AM
    LiveProfile just needs to be updated because it is a little finicky right now. I talked to the dev a few days ago and they said one is coming very soon.
    12-12-10 10:58 AM
    What I liked about Kik is that it was simple. I didn't feel like I needed a lot of features.

I wish LiveProfile/Kik/any others would just combine into one mega app so you could find everyone in one place, just like BBM.
    12-12-10 02:21 PM
    We are working hard to bring LiveProfile to all BlackBerry devices. Once this is complete we will begin rolling out a new group system. We have some exciting features planned for this system I encourage you to give it a try. Sign up on our mailing list and we will let you know when its available. My LiveProfile PIN is LPDJK68F feel free to reach out with any questions.
    12-25-10 01:19 PM
    LiveProfile just needs to be updated because it is a little finicky right now. I talked to the dev a few days ago and they said one is coming very soon.
    Everything should be stable now we upgraded our systems about a week ago it has been running rock solid. We are releasing an update for Android soon.
    Last edited by LiveProfile; 12-25-10 at 01:24 PM.
    12-25-10 01:20 PM
    Once Live Profile is fully up and running for Android, I'd love to try it out.
    12-25-10 01:46 PM
    I rea;;y like KIK so add me if you wanna.....

kik id: kc2kuy
    12-26-10 07:09 AM
    LiveProfile is a great bbm replacement. I cant wait for group support. In the meantime, add me! My pin is LPYTLJ8B.
    12-26-10 11:20 AM
    LiveProfile is a great bbm replacement. I cant wait for group support. In the meantime, add me! My pin is LPYTLJ8B.
    Liveprofile sucks. We have been trying to get it to work right and anyone on my list is showing offline..Also my battery dies fast with it..We use the KIK and its great...
    12-26-10 06:35 PM
    BBM is to BB, as KiK is to Androids... in my opinion. It's great but I don't use it a lot. Not a lot of my friends use it. :/
    12-27-10 02:07 AM
    PingChat is another cross platform IM app but it has groups like BBM does. Just another suggestion. It works pretty well. Better than the others mentioned in this thread (from my experience). LiveProfile has definite potential when it gets more updates..
    12-29-10 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD