I thought that I would try the Dark Side and came running back to the Light and Crackberry. There is nothing like a BB. The BB is like coming home to a comfortable pair of Jeans, it just fits me right. I can get things done so much faster and don't have to think about how to do things. I know that the Android has some fancy features and a fantastic browser but for me, getting my job done is number one and that is Phone calls, emails, and text. The rest is secondary for me. I just wish that VZ would have released a larger screen OS6 for us, then the world would be right again.
    TootieLucille likes this.
    01-19-11 11:16 PM
    What Android did you use. If you don't mind me asking?
    01-20-11 12:20 AM
    Yeh , Blackberry is better than any other smartphone for everyday use ... its simple ..... fast .... and understands what you want

------------

The only problem is , that its losing all this in OS6 ! .... but maybe just because I didn't get used to it.
    01-20-11 12:25 AM
    Os6 just takes getting used too!I guess the same could be said about the android Os.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-11 01:14 AM
    Technology isn't for everyone.
    01-20-11 02:49 AM
    Technology isn't for everyone.
    Lol... We are tryin 67, we really are... Just give us 9 more months lol

01-20-11 03:32 AM
    I thought that I would try the Dark Side and came running back to the Light and Crackberry. There is nothing like a BB. The BB is like coming home to a comfortable pair of Jeans, it just fits me right. I can get things done so much faster and don't have to think about how to do things. I know that the Android has some fancy features and a fantastic browser but for me, getting my job done is number one and that is Phone calls, emails, and text. The rest is secondary for me. I just wish that VZ would have released a larger screen OS6 for us, then the world would be right again.
    CSI Guy, I rem seeing you on AC back in Oct/Nov. Well, you tried it & figd the best device that works for YOU is what's important which is bb. So welcome back

01-20-11 06:49 AM
    I too went the same way.

Went from iPhone 3G to Tour 9630 (when it first came out in 09) to Droid Pro back to Tour 9630.

The keyboard on the droid pro SUCKED compared to my tour and I felt myself missing it more and more as the days went by. The android OS is alright but still VERY unstable. The battery on the phone SUCKED and the phone would reset itself randomly throughout the day. In the end I couldn't really use the phone too much because the battery would die. SO GLAD I'm back on blackberry though

I'm thinking about getting a Bold 9650 but was hoping that VZ would release OS 6 to a big disappointment which has now got me thinking if I should upgrade now and run a Spring version of OS 6 or just wait to see if the 'Dakota' is real.
    Last edited by thedose; 01-20-11 at 06:55 AM.
    01-20-11 06:49 AM
    Make sure to go through the decontamination shower... Those Android thingies can have bad hooties in em.
    01-20-11 06:54 AM
    This should be BlackBerry new motto!

01-20-11 07:11 AM
    I too went the same way.

Went from iPhone 3G to Tour 9630 (when it first came out in 09) to Droid Pro back to Tour 9630.

The keyboard on the droid pro SUCKED compared to my tour and I felt myself missing it more and more as the days went by. The android OS is alright but still VERY unstable. The battery on the phone SUCKED and the phone would reset itself randomly throughout the day. In the end I couldn't really use the phone too much because the battery would die. SO GLAD I'm back on blackberry though

I'm thinking about getting a Bold 9650 but was hoping that VZ would release OS 6 to a big disappointment which has now got me thinking if I should upgrade now and run a Spring version of OS 6 or just wait to see if the 'Dakota' is real.
    I also ck'd out the Droid Pro when it came out, out of curiosity because let's face it, it has a bb "look" to it, but honestly I didn't care for the keypad or the touch screen on it either. I considered droid back in Sept-Oct-ish, but I'm glad I waited it out and just decided to stay bb. I'm happy I did, I love the Bold!

thedose likes this.
    01-20-11 07:12 AM
    Make sure to go through the decontamination shower... Those Android thingies can have bad hooties in em.
    Bad hooties in them?!?! Lmao-is that a form of kooties but an Android strain??

01-20-11 07:15 AM
    Os6 just takes getting used too!I guess the same could be said about the android Os.

Any new device/OS takes getting used to. It all depends on what you want to put up with.
    01-20-11 07:20 AM
    Any new device/OS takes getting used to. It all depends on what you want to put up with.
    +1. Agreed. Especially when your not familiar with it, its like riding a bicycle for the first, takes getting used to till you've mastered the functions. To me, android OS seemed a lil more difficult than bb OS. But that's just me.

01-20-11 07:25 AM
    +1. Agreed. Especially when your not familiar with it, its like riding a bicycle for the first, takes getting used to till you've mastered the functions. To me, android OS seemed a lil more difficult than bb OS. But that's just me.
    But remember, you had to get used to how the BB OS worked at one point, and now you're comfortable with it. I do a lot of web searching from my device, Droid is the clear winner in that arena. So I'm looking at that for my upgrade next month.
    01-20-11 07:32 AM
    But remember, you had to get used to how the BB OS worked at one point, and now you're comfortable with it. I do a lot of web searching from my device, Droid is the clear winner in that arena. So I'm looking at that for my upgrade next month.
    true. you have a valid point I do use my bb alot for various web searches etc., and the droid is quicker in that aspect from what I've sampled in the VzW store on the S-Fascinate.
    your gonna go to the dark side?!?!?!LOL (J/K) what are you looking into getting?
    01-20-11 07:38 AM
    As I can see the OP's point in what works best for them. But emails and text, and calls are still a priority and I can still accomplish everything I did on my 9650 with my Droid and then some.
    01-20-11 07:43 AM
    true. you have a valid point I do use my bb alot for various web searches etc., and the droid is quicker in that aspect from what I've sampled in the VzW store on the S-Fascinate.
    your gonna go to the dark side?!?!?!LOL (J/K) what are you looking into getting?
    I'm looking at the same device John has - Droid2

As I can see the OP's point in what works best for them. But emails and text, and calls are still a priority and I can still accomplish everything I did on my 9650 with my Droid and then some.
    I can't imagine Droid NOT accomplishing everything that BB can. Can't wait to check it out for myself
    01-20-11 07:52 AM
    I have tried all of the major Android phones, Droid, Droid Pro, Droid X. They are great phones but just not for me. I just use my BB and don't have to think about how to do things. BB just makes sense to me in the way it operates. I am not opposed to Android, it is just different and I have to stop and think when want to simple things and it takes more steps to get things done. Oh well to each their own I guess. PS I have tried more of the Androids but too many to list. I have given it a honest try. I do want a bigger screen and better browser on my 9650 though.
    Last edited by CSI Guy; 01-20-11 at 07:56 AM.
    01-20-11 07:53 AM
    I'm looking at the same device John has - Droid2

I can't imagine Droid NOT accomplishing everything that BB can. Can't wait to check it out for myself
    Pretty much what the OP listed Which was Calls, text, and email that's easy.
    01-20-11 08:00 AM
    I have tried all of the major Android phones, Droid, Droid Pro, Droid X. They are great phones but just not for me. I just use my BB and don't have to think about how to do things. BB just makes sense to me in the way it operates. I am not opposed to Android, it is just different and I have to stop and think when want to simple things and it takes more steps to get things done. Oh well to each their own I guess. PS I have tried more of the Androids but too many to list. I have given it a honest try. I do want a bigger screen and better browser on my 9650 though.
    Yep little bigger screen, touch, faster processor and you got me a dream device.. But that is a few years away.
    01-20-11 08:02 AM
    I'm not saying you didn't give it an honest try. All I was saying was that I was goingto give it a try too, and that any change takes some getting used to. You can see the list of BB devices I've had over the last 2 years; I need something different now.

I too wish my 9650 was better at browsing, I'd be less inclined to leave.
    01-20-11 08:05 AM
    Pretty much what the OP listed Which was Calls, text, and email that's easy.
    I do a lot of emailing, messaging and a few calls. I used a friends Droid X yesterday for 3 hours and I completely don't understand why some folks say BlackBerry is better at all that. I found it simple and quick on the X, and the screen was so much easier to read! Everything was smoother than my BlackBerry which gets the hourglass. Browser is a given winner on Android, and that's what seals it for me.

Android isn't complicated at all. For me it was like going from AOL mail to Gmail. And Ask Geeves to Google. Easy switch.

01-20-11 08:06 AM
    I am not saying one phone is better than another, just different. Both get the job done but for me BB just fits me better.
    wassab likes this.
    01-20-11 08:14 AM
    I am not saying one phone is better than another, just different. Both get the job done but for me BB just fits me better.
    I agree 1000% percent with that! What ever works best for us.
    01-20-11 08:21 AM
80 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD