Wow, thanks for all of your responses!

I found K-9, and while it is slow and sometimes crashes my phone (needs a battery pull), it does everything I want it to.

No Lock is an app that does EXACTLY what I wanted, getting rid of the slide to unlock screen; thanks for that advice! I only wish that the trackpad could be pressed to wake the phone up as well whenever it auto-dims, but that's getting nit-picky.

Missed Reminder says that it doesn't work on OS' beyond 1.5; does it?

I heard that ES Explorer can let you remove bloatware for free, so I'm trying that out now to get rid of all the crap the phone comes with stock.

I just realized that you can download keyboard replacement apps...however, do these apps work in 3rd party apps? Like ChompSMS, k-9, etc. as I can't seem to get the new keyboard to appear.

I am starting to like that I can customize all of this to minimize the difference between Android and BB. Thanks for all of your help CB community!
    What version of K-9 are you running?
    12-14-10 10:10 PM
    I don't know what version of K-9 I am running, but whatever is available from the Android Market as of a couple of days ago

Thanks rmjones for the keyboard help and app ideas! If anyone has an app like Widget Locker that allows the phone to be woken up by pressing the trackpad (and bypasses the lock screen) it would be awesome! I'll try Widget Locker in combination with No Lock and see how that goes.
    12-15-10 02:27 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD