NYTimes: Torn Between 2 Phones Again Torn Between 2 Phones, Again: Android vs. Windows Phone 7 - NYTimes.com this probably isn't the thread you thought it would be lol.
    10-14-10 01:21 PM
    I think the article is interesting. The only issue I see with WM7 trying to invade the Android space is that Android has such a big lead on them. If you have had an Android device in the last couple of years, then you are most likely heavily engrossed in the Google ecosystem. To switch all of your Google services to Windows Live and Bing may not be worth for a platform that basically gives you the same hardware that you are used to and just about the same services only through a different provider. If the two platforms had started at the same time, I would say that the WM7 platform would be the better choice, but at this juncture, I don't think so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-10 05:53 PM
    It's windows. Enough said

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-10 06:24 PM
    Never been a fan of any windows mobile device. I dont see that changing.
    10-14-10 09:06 PM
    It will be interesting to see what WinMo7 will be like. I do sort of like the idea of them working with manufacturers to keep the virtual keyboard feeling the same across devices. It does seem like it might help kill diversity of the various devices if the keyboards can't be different.

Get to choose between one evil empire or another now evidently. Haha
    10-14-10 10:13 PM
    lol ....... windows 7 is a joke. heres part of a thread i was reading earlier.

OK. I have been following the launch event and all I can say is this thing is disappointing. Does MS REALLY think they have a shot? To sum it up I will copy a post that someone at engadget already put up.

Windows Phone 7:

No system-wide file manager
    No Tethering
    No videocalling
    Limited third-party apps
    No Bluetooth file transfers
    No USB mass storage mode
    No memory card support
    No multitasking
    No copy paste
    Too dependent on Zune software for computer file management and syncing
    No music player equalizers
    No Flash or Silverlight support in the web browser
    No sign of free Bing maps Navigation so far
    No DivX/XviD video support
    No Fast app switching
    No 16GB phones
    Not Free and Open

In essence what you are looking at it Kin 2 with slightly nicer hardware and SOME apps in a market. This OS as well as its' design and feature list is beyond lacking. No ability for SD Cards at all. All media, except for .mp3s are MS-centric codecs (WMA, WMV, etc...) Just pathetic. Looks like MS just launched it's next big mobile failure!
    10-14-10 11:02 PM
    Well I'm getting T-Mo's when it comes out, but it in no way will be replacing either my Vibrant or 9700, it'll just be in addition to. Something else to bounce to when I'm bored with the rest. I'm in serious disbelief of the list in the above post, that would simply be going backwards in far too many ways to be expected to compete.
    10-14-10 11:26 PM
    That sounds like me a few months ago. I was running around with a 3Gs a Nexus One and a Blackberry 9700. Yea I was an addict but now I've found it all in an i4
    10-15-10 05:48 AM
    Exclusivity to AT&T initially a major _ck up imo.
    If you want to get competetive release it on all
    carriers. Maybe it's a test, but it won't even come close
    to touching Android or Iphone.
    10-15-10 10:00 AM
    Exclusivity to AT&T initially a major _ck up imo.
    If you want to get competetive release it on all
    carriers. Maybe it's a test, but it won't even come close
    to touching Android or Iphone.

its not going to be exclusive to ATT

The problem is carrier exclusivity for specific devices. The reality is that because of the arrangements between the smartphone manufacturers and the various wireless providers, AT&T only has three Windows Phone 7 smartphones to choose from, T-Mobile has two, and Sprint will eventually have one. Verizon is apparently not invited to the Windows Phone 7 party--or at least not yet.
    Windows Phone 7 Shows Why Device Exclusivity Sucks - PCWorld Business Center
    10-15-10 10:36 AM
    its not going to be exclusive to ATT
    I'm going from a local news channel that ran the story and said it would be exclusive to AT&T I stand corrected, thanks
    10-15-10 10:40 AM
    I'm in serious disbelief of the list in the above post, that would simply be going backwards in far too many ways to be expected to compete.

all that information was copied directly from engadget.com so unless they have a bad source of info which i highly doubt because they are typically spot on.
    10-15-10 10:40 AM
    I'm going from a local news channel that ran the story and said it would be exclusive to AT&T I stand corrected, thanks
    not a problem... just trying to keep the correct information out there.

dont worry i thought the same until yesterday.
    Last edited by zyiro; 10-15-10 at 10:47 AM.
    10-15-10 10:43 AM
    not a problem... just trying to keep the correct information out there.

dont worry i thought the same until yesterday.
    Cool. Because if they did that it would definitely be a fail.
    I have had WinMo in the past they were actually my first smartphones.
    Starting with the Moto Q line and then the XV6800. I was fine, but now
    with the explosion of Android including the hardware. They have a tough road
    ahead. Along with what it does not do. I hope they are able to do good but then again they do have the PC market sown up, at least for now anyway.
    10-15-10 12:06 PM
    i hate windows phones, i've hated them since my 1st treo but i kept giving them chances the last one was the hd2. i hated that phone so bad i sold it for $100 less then i bought it for a few days after i bought it...

did the iphone thing, apple is getting more and more like ms so with my vibrant i'm extremely happy...

i'll go back to a landline before i purchase another windows phone...
    10-15-10 12:48 PM
    i'll go back to a landline before i purchase another windows phone...
    LOL! well said!
    10-15-10 01:02 PM
    I don't like the UI. WP7 almost screams "hipster" louder than iOS. WP7 looks like it was designed for the trendy people living in Williamsburg Brooklyn.
    10-15-10 01:47 PM
    The only thing that excites me about wp7 is not the os, but the dell venue pro. That is the perfect form factor for me. My opinion may change as soon as verizon shows off their devices next year and I may even give wp7 a try. That's if verizon doesn't decide to release a badass lte droid first.
    10-15-10 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD