So the Motorola Droid is my first android device, and after having this phone for about 2 weeks (i believe) one tool commonly not spoken about and maybe because this isnt the first android device for others is the tool bar. The tool bar installed on the android OS is amazing and definitly makes multi-tasking simple and hassle free. I never noticed how much time was wasted on going in and out of different applications to check different things on my blackberrye, and iphone before that. now at the time it was no big deal because i didnt really think it was that big of a deal, i had been doing it for two almost 3 years already, but now i never want to go back to bouncing in and out of apps anymore, and some sort of tool bar technology will be needed on all my new devices in the future. any other new members to the android device feel this was also a big thing for them looking aqt how effective the tool bar really is for multi-tasking?
    11-15-09 10:11 PM
    Agree.........it's one of those "small" things that is huge : )

ovewhelmed with all these apps right now.

Just discovered Handcent SMS..all I can on this one is WOW.
    11-15-09 10:32 PM
    Which tool bar are you talking about?
    11-15-09 10:52 PM
    I was really impressed with this too. Having 3rd party apps intigrate into the OS with the tool bar is great too. I can't wait to get my droid and stop looking for little red circles.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 11:20 PM
    Which tool bar are you talking about?
    The notification bar at the top of the homescreen
    11-15-09 11:35 PM
    Handcent is awesome. I've got it set as my default, and an icon on my homescreen.
    11-15-09 11:52 PM
    Handcent is awesome. I've got it set as my default, and an icon on my homescreen.
    I can't get over it lol

Pretty frakking amazing SMS app
    11-15-09 11:55 PM
    It does mms, too.
    11-15-09 11:57 PM
    I've had handcent since the first day I got the phone, it is very good. It's so nice to be able to find apps like handcent and set them as your default program for core functions on the phone.

And as far as the tool bar (I think they call it a curtain) ya it's nice too
    11-16-09 12:05 AM
    Never even heard of this handcent I'm going to check it out now OK just downloaded, and if you have ever had the iPhone this is exactly what their SMS looks like, pretty sweet app, iphone does have the best sms client out there

Last edited by phonemaster123; 11-16-09 at 03:59 AM.
    11-16-09 03:11 AM
    Agree.........it's one of those "small" things that is huge : )

ovewhelmed with all these apps right now.

And I totally agree its a small thing that makes a huge impact on the whole os

11-16-09 03:32 AM
    How does the toolbar make multi-tasking simple and hassle free?

11-16-09 06:10 AM
    How does the toolbar make multi-tasking simple and hassle free?

The way the toolbar works is it integrates all notifications fm email all 3rd party apps straight to it, and it stays on the top of your screen no matter what app or screen your in. It looks like a borderline I guess doesn't even look like a tool bar. But when something happens it pops up as a little icon in the tool bar, and all you have to do is drag it down click and your where you need to be and once your done click the back button and your right back to what you were doing

11-16-09 06:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD