Here is an interesting article re: carrier junk on Android. Are Wireless Carriers and Handset OEMs Ruining Android Just Like the PC Industry? | ZDNet It could apply to BlackBerry as well.
    09-28-10 11:09 AM
    Interesting read. I haven't noticed how much crap ware is on the phone but I'm more aware now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 11:53 AM
    Since i bought my phone pre-rooted from Craigslist, i've got a pure vanilla Android experience since day one. Some of my co-workers have various androids and i wish i could get some of the nifty "sense" and "motoblur" deals that they have... it's a two way street. Those with it want it gone, and those without want it.....
    09-28-10 12:02 PM
    Since rooting on my X, I just renamed them .bak and it takes them off my home screen, don't wanna delete in case I have to use Big Red's support.
    09-29-10 08:06 AM
    One of the reasons I love the Milestone, it's about as vanilla as possible. No Telus markings anywhere on the phone, no Telus software, no Telus boot animation..nothing. Wouldn't even know which provider I was with unless you checked the lockscreen.
    09-29-10 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD