Latest update of production

Posted by Unihertz

Nov 25, 2019

For backers only

Dear Backers,

Here is the latest update of production of Titan:

1. Titan had been in production for a while, not finished yet.

2. There will be a strict quality check after all the production to make sure each Titan is flawless.

3. Then we will start packaging and prepare for the delivery.

So please just be little patience. We are trying our best to fulfill the shipment in December.

Here are some pictures we’d like to share with you:

As a QWERTY device, there will be some differences with normal smartphones. To help you better understand how to use it, we are making the user manual now. Will share it with you once we finished it.

As we promised, we will share some instruction videos on tips for keyboard usage in the Facebook group.

Unihertz Titan Group

You can join it and share your opinion with us. Also, you can exchange your ideas with other Titan lovers.

We understand that some of you don’t use Facebook, but sorry that is the only way we can share video/picture with you currently. We will find other ways in the future.

Again, for those whose backer number is still in the list, please contact [email protected] so we can confirm your shipping information with you before the delivery.

Check the list here

Please check the previous Update#13 and Update#14 for detail of the list.

Titan will be coming soon! Stay tuned!
    Attached Thumbnails TITAN update #15-unnamed-1-.png   TITAN update #15-unnamed.png  
    Tsepz_GP and pjh248 like this.
    11-26-19 08:52 AM
    Interesting. You know, apart from the hideous logo on the front, it doesn't look too bad. I'd be tempted if I hadn't just bought a Key2. I hope it does well and there's a second version, and if I have to move to fxtec pro for my next pkb phone, I'll be annoyed at having to use the landscape keyboard.

From the photos, I can't really tell if the screen has been made rectangular? they did say recently the screen would no longer be square, didn't they?
    11-26-19 09:10 AM
    they did say recently the screen would no longer be square, didn't they?
    That is correct - the screen is not square.
    11-26-19 09:21 AM
    Interesting. You know, apart from the hideous logo on the front, it doesn't look too bad. I'd be tempted if I hadn't just bought a Key2. I hope it does well and there's a second version, and if I have to move to fxtec pro for my next pkb phone, I'll be annoyed at having to use the landscape keyboard.

From the photos, I can't really tell if the screen has been made rectangular? they did say recently the screen would no longer be square, didn't they?
    The screen is patterned after the Passport.. Also when the one I ordered arrives I will post a full photo shoot and first impressions
    kvndoom likes this.
    11-26-19 10:05 AM
    The screen is patterned after the Passport..
    No, they had to change it.
    11-26-19 10:06 AM
    No, they had to change it.
    The screen is the same as the Passport. Neither is square, hence the name Passport. Longer top to bottom than side to side. That has been the size since day one.
    11-26-19 10:14 AM
    lol, they had to alter the screen to NOT be square on the titan because the passport WAS square
    11-26-19 10:23 AM
    Um, no. The passport's screen was square. The shape of the device was oblong, like a passport.

The Titan has had to change the screen from square, to oblong.
    11-26-19 10:28 AM
    lol, they had to alter the screen to NOT be square on the titan because the passport WAS square
    Square is the same on all sides the Passport was longer top to bottom like a passport. What I meant was the real measurement is 3.50>3.28 not square. The Titan specs did not change as sent to supporters. What did change was the Keyboard that forced a different bezel and changed the shape.
    11-26-19 10:31 AM
    PS My Titan can still beat up your phone..........................BTW here is a picture of my phone being loaded on the delivery drone getting ready to leave the factory. You can see the phones lined up on the tarmac.
    Attached Thumbnails TITAN update #15-watertest-airship-house.jpg  
    DanylW likes this.
    11-26-19 10:37 AM
    Square is the same on all sides the Passport was longer top to bottom like a passport. What I meant was the real measurement is 3.50>3.28 not square. The Titan specs did not change as sent to supporters. What did change was the Keyboard that forced a different bezel and changed the shape.
    Back in August they changed the screensize as well as the keyboard after BB sent them a kind message. Previously the test models had a screen of 1440x1440 and 4.5" which was identical to the passport

Hi everyone, we know you guys are in a doubt motion, or even feel indignant. We totally understand this, and we have to say sorry for keeping you in this bad feeling.

To make sure we can fulfill all the pledge to each backer as we promised, we have to make some changes to original design of Titan:

1. We change the screen size and resolution. The final screen of Titan will be 1430*1438 4.6 inch screen.

2. We change the keyboard touch control to TRACK-PAD NAVIGATOR. Which means the function is un changed but the tracking pad change from the keyboard to the central button.

Sorry we could not announce it earlier because we need to spend some time experimenting to ensure that the new changes are feasible. Sorry again and thanks for your understanding.
    11-26-19 10:42 AM
    Passport is 1440:1440 - 4.5".

Titan was the same, but had to change to 1430:1438 - 4.6".

They also removed the capacitive touch feature.

Both are attempts to stay clear of BlackBerry patent infringements.
    11-26-19 10:42 AM

Yes that's full screen size, I hate when your right...............................
    11-26-19 10:45 AM

They also removed the capacitive touch feature.

Both are attempts to stay clear of BlackBerry patent infringements.
    Yes they id get a letter from BB stating the same............they sent out a notice to us telling us that they had a request to make a change or too.
    11-26-19 10:46 AM
    Damn, I wish I'd chucked in 200 bucks for this thing back when it launched. Though back then, I just assumed a key3 was on its way.

Does anyone know if these will end up being sold normally after backers get their devices?
    11-26-19 10:48 AM
    Back in August they changed the screensize as well as the keyboard after BB sent them a kind message. Previously the test models had a screen of 1440x1440 and 4.5" which was identical to the passport
    Yes I did post that, but the funny thing is the screen did not change. The model that a friend received was 4.6 so the letter was off.....? the other interesting part to this is the updates are not sent all the time. I have received all of them but some have been sent as snail mail. This was to people who tested.
    11-26-19 10:49 AM
    Damn, I wish I'd chucked in 200 bucks for this thing back when it launched. Though back then, I just assumed a key3 was on its way.

Does anyone know if these will end up being sold normally after backers get their devices?
    The web page stated 400 dollars. As an insider do you want me to see if I can get a second one at the discounted price?
    11-26-19 10:51 AM
    Yes they id get a letter from BB stating the same............they sent out a notice to us telling us that they had a request to make a change or too.
    I'm still curious if the changes will be enough.

But if sales stay well under 10k units, BlackBerry will probably leave them alone anyway.
    11-26-19 10:51 AM
    The web page stated 400 dollars. As an insider do you want me to see if I can get a second one at the discounted price?
    That's very kind, thank you, but since then I've invested in the Key2 and probably good for now. Different story if I'd invested in one a while back. But thanks!

400 is still pretty good for those specs.
    11-26-19 10:52 AM
    I'm still curious if the changes will be enough.

But if sales stay well under 10k units, BlackBerry will probably leave them alone anyway.
    Your right on that one, if it stays as a low production unit then BlackBerry will leave them alone. Should it take off.......then its another story. Either way it can be a dangerous game.
    11-26-19 10:55 AM
    That's very kind, thank you, but since then I've invested in the Key2 and probably good for now. Different story if I'd invested in one a while back. But thanks!

Specs are one thing, but durability, craftwork, and engineering tolerances will be the true test.

Even the mighty KEY² keyboard gets some criticism, and that has the industrial and engineering might of TCL behind it - along with millions of dollars of BlackBerry keyboard IP.
    11-26-19 10:55 AM

Not bad at all, but the insider price was as low as 99. dollars to 230. A real steal at those prices if the phone is as they state.
    11-26-19 10:56 AM

What do you call "being sold normally"?

I assume that they will make more than what has been pledged for so far... how many that will be????

You can still pledge for one now... I'd watch for the first couple of reviews, and not delay after that.
    11-26-19 10:56 AM
    Specs are one thing, but durability, craftwork, and engineering tolerances will be the true test.

Even the mighty KEY² keyboard gets some criticism, and that has the industrial and engineering might of TCL behind it - along with millions of dollars of BlackBerry keyboard IP.
    That's a good point. I'm not happy with the key2 keyboard at all, but I'm trying to futureproof as much as possible and didn't want to be in a position where I couldn't buy a key2 because stock ran out!
    11-26-19 10:57 AM

Amen to that one.

At the insider price its a good toy to play with at full price...not so much.
    11-26-19 10:57 AM
30 12