Unfortunately your Android is not in the form factor you prefer.

You may think marginally different with one on Pie or 10 with newer swiping gestures and additional security/privacy in the OS.
    No, I prefer the KEY form factor for Android because I need the hardware shortcuts to make up for the navigation that I hate so much!

I have exactly the phones I want from what's available in the real world: Z10 for what it does natively, and the KEYone for a handful of Android apps. I'm happy as I am and not seeing anything coming to market that would improve my setup.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    01-17-20 01:32 PM
    No, I prefer the KEY form factor for Android because I need the hardware shortcuts to make up for the navigation that I hate so much!

I have exactly the phones I want from what's available in the real world: Z10 for what it does natively, and the KEYone for a handful of Android apps. I'm happy as I am and not seeing anything coming to market that would improve my setup.

LE would improve your experience if you don't care about the capacitive keyboard, because it's lighter and gets better cell reception
    01-17-20 01:35 PM
    LE would improve your experience if you don't care about the capacitive keyboard, because it's lighter and gets better cell reception
    You keep suggesting I'd like the LE, but I checked them out at Best buy when they were released and was unimpressed. They felt cheap compared to my KEYone.

The shortcut key is the only thing that I'd want from the KEY2 phones. Never had any issues with reception and I wouldn't give up the capacitive keyboard as I use it constantly. I agree that the keyboard is also better on the KEY2 devices, but not enough to matter.

If I hadn't bought the KEYone, I'd possibly be in the market for a KEY2, if I needed an Android phone, but not the LE.

01-17-20 01:43 PM
    it seems odd the Android patch level is not higher.
    Is it really though?
    pgg101 likes this.
    01-17-20 02:02 PM
    Is it really though?
    Nah, not really. I just kind of figured if they're updating, why not move to the latest package. But ehhhh..
    01-17-20 02:19 PM
    Very pleased to see the update. I think it's a good sign, but maybe rushed(?)

Some annoying text entry bugs/unwanted features remain, even with all the new keyboard options turned off.

Try typing

[email protected]

Do you get

Blah. [email protected] ?

Please give me the option to turn off the "period is end of sentence" auto space + capitalization thing if it can't fully recognize a properly formatted email address.

Also (and probably related) I do not want the first letter of every text insertion to be capitalized.

Scrolling has quit for me. It was functional before but now it just seems to cause slight random wiggling of a line or two up or down. I had to turn it off.

A couple of times since the update I've had the screen go blank upon answering a call and have had to mash buttons and keys randomly to get it back. Could be operator ignorance of a feature accidentally invoked. On my KEYone I have a talent for muting calls with my cheek. 😜

Nothing to do with the update but I agree with comments elsewhere that the camera app is lame. I loaded up Open Camera and it's far better.

Reading this back it sounds pissy but I am generally impressed with the phone.
    01-17-20 10:53 PM
    I have the same issue with keyboard scrolling, a power off and back on fixed it but not sure for how long. One other minor problem, the new mini mode messes up my home screen icons on the bottom row, the last two on the right get deleted when I use it. I am using the BB launcher and icons and a layout 5 rows and 7 columns.
    01-18-20 12:37 AM
    Besides my approach has reduced my monthly cellular bill from $250 a month to less than $80, so I'm way ahead.
    The only thing I'm taking away from this thread is that if I dust off my Z10 and use it as my daily driver, I'll save $150 on my monthly cellular bill! Time to stock up on some 1800 mAh batteries!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-18-20 06:54 AM
    The only thing I'm taking away from this thread is that if I dust off my Z10 and use it as my daily driver, I'll save $150 on my monthly cellular bill! Time to stock up on some 1800 mAh batteries!
    Why does this read like a Liberty Mutual commercial 🤔🤣🤣
    01-18-20 06:58 AM
    I have the same issue with keyboard scrolling, a power off and back on fixed it but not sure for how long. One other minor problem, the new mini mode messes up my home screen icons on the bottom row, the last two on the right get deleted when I use it. I am using the BB launcher and icons and a layout 5 rows and 7 columns.
    Thanks. Cycling power restored scrolling for me too. (Two restarts had not.) Haven't tried mini mode but am also using BB launcher and am pretty fussy about my layout.

Update: scrolling's gone again. ☹️
    Last edited by ElectroSpud; 01-18-20 at 07:01 PM.
    01-18-20 09:56 AM
    LOL. No.

Removing lines and using data only with a Hotspot is what saves money.

Mecca EL likes this.
    01-18-20 10:09 AM
    And apparently, a new update is coming for the Chinese new year !
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-18-20 04:09 PM
    Very pleased to see the update. I think it's a good sign, but maybe rushed(?)

Some annoying text entry bugs/unwanted features remain, even with all the new keyboard options turned off.

Try typing

[email protected]

Do you get

Blah. [email protected] ?

Please give me the option to turn off the "period is end of sentence" auto space + capitalization thing if it can't fully recognize a properly formatted email address.

Also (and probably related) I do not want the first letter of every text insertion to be capitalized.

Scrolling has quit for me. It was functional before but now it just seems to cause slight random wiggling of a line or two up or down. I had to turn it off.

A couple of times since the update I've had the screen go blank upon answering a call and have had to mash buttons and keys randomly to get it back. Could be operator ignorance of a feature accidentally invoked. On my KEYone I have a talent for muting calls with my cheek.

Nothing to do with the update but I agree with comments elsewhere that the camera app is lame. I loaded up Open Camera and it's far better.

Reading this back it sounds pissy but I am generally impressed with the phone.
    Usually, your cheek shouldn't mute a call or hit any of the on-screen buttons of the dialer.

That's because the proximity sensor should do its job of turning off the display when it senses that something is getting near it
    01-18-20 06:51 PM
    Usually, your cheek shouldn't mute a call or hit any of the on-screen buttons of the dialer.

That's because the proximity sensor should do its job of turning off the display when it senses that something is getting near it
    I guess I have a special talent then. Or an unreliable prox.
    01-18-20 07:06 PM
    Thanks. Cycling power restored scrolling for me too. (Two restarts had not.) Haven't tried mini mode but am also using BB launcher and am pretty fussy about my layout.

Update: scrolling's gone again. ☹️
    Over on the Facebook Unihertz Titan page they acknowledge this is a bug and plan to fix soon.

For me its very random, I can get a whole day without the issue but when it does happen I just disable scrolling first then power cycle and enable again. This phone boots up fast so not too much of a inconvenience.
    01-19-20 09:23 AM
    Over on the Facebook Unihertz Titan page they acknowledge this is a bug and plan to fix soon.

For me its very random, I can get a whole day without the issue but when it does happen I just disable scrolling first then power cycle and enable again. This phone boots up fast so not too much of a inconvenience.
    Thanks for passing that along. I can't "do" Facebook, which can be isolating at times.
    01-19-20 09:56 AM

The proximity sensor is very sensitive to dust......
    01-19-20 10:46 AM
    Thanks for passing that along. I can't "do" Facebook, which can be isolating at times.
    Just set up a dummy account through mobile browser preferred is Focus version of Firefox browser. That’s what I use for stuff like that as I don’t use my Facebook on my phone. I don’t like it mining all my friends
    01-19-20 10:49 AM
    Dear Backers,

We are glad to announce the first update for Titan is now available, you can upgrade your device by “Settings->About phone->Wireless Update”

Please find the detail update information below:

1. Update Google security patch to 2019-10-05.
    2. Update GMS package: Google Play Music app is no longer included in the GMS bundle. YouTube Music is the core app in place of Google Play Music.
    3. Allow the search bar of the launcher interface to be removed. Please clean the launcher data after FOTA. Menu: Settings - Apps & notifications - See all xx apps - Quickstep.
    4. Solve the problem of missing letters when pressing keys quickly.
    5. Add Mini mode to solve the display or abnormal problems of some third-party applications. Menu: Settings - Intelligent assistance - Mini mode.
    6. Add blocking reminder on the lock screen. Menu: Settings - Intelligent assistance - Block notice.
    7. The programmable key can be used as ctrl key function. Menu: Settings - Intelligent assistance - Programmable key - Use Ctrl key.
    8. Add Alt / Shift key exchange function. Menu: Settings - Intelligent assistance - Swop Alt / Shift key.
    9. Keyboard shortcuts can be used in the third-party launcher.
    10. Scroll assistant supports horizontal screen operation.
    11. Remove the Google and Duo icons in the folder, please clean up the launcher data after FOTA. Menu: Settings - Apps & notifications - See all xx apps - Quickstep.
    12. Solve the problem that the BACK button cannot be returned in the BB input method.
    13. Add FCC/CE/TELEC/JATE certificates labels. Menu: Settings - System - About phone - Regulatory labels.
    14. Add a prompt message when entering Chrome.
    15.Optimize the Kika input method:
    1)Open a contact chat in WhatsApp, the first two letters will be automatically capitalized each time when you open the dialog for the first time.
    2)Double-click the space key to enter a period and automatically space.
    3)Add Kika setting menu, support next-word suggestions switch, Double-space period switch, Auto-correction switch.
    4)Increase the size of association words and increase the spacing between association words in Chinese input mode.
    5)Modify the issue of editing dynamic information in WhatsApp.
    6)Always show candidate fields.
    7)Solve the problem that long press delete key in Facebook messenger application cannot be completely deleted.

Thanks for all the support and we will keep optimizing Titan according to your feedback.

Please share your opinion and user experience with us in Titan Group.

OTHER NEWS

We will launch the Pre-Order of Titan on our Official Website from 17th January till 17th February 2020. There will be a 20 USD discount during this period and all the successful orders will be shipped in order sequence since 18th February 2020. After that, we will start selling Titan in Amazon/eBay/AliExpress/website etc. at a normal price.
    You showed Chinese Speed once again

Posted via my favorite BlackBerry Passport.
    01-19-20 11:57 AM
    You showed Chinese Speed once again

Posted via my favorite BlackBerry Passport.
    Not really just something that had to come out to fix a multitude of problems.
    01-19-20 06:26 PM
45 12