Shaw Cable is launching Shaw Mobile in western Canada. $0/mo unlimited Canada-wide talk & text for existing Shaw internet subscribers, $10/mo per GB data, the data can roll forward for 3 months.

Hard to beat that price so I'll get a simcard for my Titan and it will finally get some mobile use.

Luckily the Titan has LTE Band 66 which i believe Shaw relies on heavily for their Freedom Mobile network (also uses Bands 4 & 7). I would have switched my Key2 to Freedom a long time ago if it supported Band 66 but alas it does not.

Looking forward to getting the Titan out of the house for some road trips.
    07-31-20 12:16 PM
    You can bring it with this Titan Hauler - sorry couldn't stop myself!Titan with Shaw Mobile-titan-hauler.jpg
    Wrec likes this.
    07-31-20 12:38 PM
    LOL, the Challenger should cope for hauling the Titan around. Goes a bit faster too
    07-31-20 12:41 PM
    Shaw Cable is launching Shaw Mobile in western Canada. $0/mo unlimited Canada-wide talk & text for existing Shaw internet subscribers, $10/mo per GB data, the data can roll forward for 3 months.

Hard to beat that price so I'll get a simcard for my Titan and it will finally get some mobile use.

Luckily the Titan has LTE Band 66 which i believe Shaw relies on heavily for their Freedom Mobile network (also uses Bands 4 & 7). I would have switched my Key2 to Freedom a long time ago if it supported Band 66 but alas it does not.

KEY² supports band 66. At least the BBF100-2 North American model does.
    07-31-20 10:13 PM
    KEY² supports band 66. At least the BBF100-2 North American model does.
    Except I have dual-sim BBF100-6. I should have mentioned that in the first post.
    08-01-20 12:47 AM
    Except I have dual-sim BBF100-6. I should have mentioned that in the first post.
    Then yes, you are out of luck.
    08-01-20 07:34 AM
    Got the same model, got so exited because of your message and down to total disappointment in the end=)
    08-01-20 11:35 AM
    Got the same model, got so exited because of your message and down to total disappointment in the end=)
    I too are disappointed for my BBF100-6.

I knew the BBF100-6 wouldn't be any good for Freedom Mobile when i bought it, wasn't an issue then because i never imagined i'd want to be with Freedom. I just knew i wanted a dual-sim phone so the lack of Band 66 wasn't an issue then, since I was with Telus( and still am for now). I was worried a bit bout the lack of Band 66 roaming the the NW states but that didn't turn out to be an issue. Who knew that Shaw would create another mobile entity and basically charge nothing to get on the network.

In any case, i picked up a sim-card for my Titan at the local Walmart tonite (you actually have to visit a Shaw Retail Outlet, or select Walmarts or select Real Canadian Superstores). There was a $20 charge for the setup but apparently I got 1GB/mo load for 3 months for free, so that's worth $30 and now i figure I've been paid $10 to get the sim-card

You too could get paid $10 to take a sim-card, maybe put it in your 2nd sim slot and check how it works relative to your main sim-card. Freedom also uses LTE Bands 4 & 7... I'm not sure about when, where or to what extent Band 66 comes into play.
    Last edited by Wrec; 08-02-20 at 12:48 AM.
    08-02-20 12:26 AM