I got the email today. Is there any interest in this anymore? I'm thinking about taking the plunge.

Here's the link if anyone's interested. If this violates policy my bad.

https://www.unihertz.com/shop/product/titan-39
    03-25-20 12:39 AM
    I got the email today. Is there any interest in this anymore? I'm thinking about taking the plunge.

Got mine on preorder and I love the Passport form factor... Keyboard is not up to Blackberry/TCL standards however but does have capacitive scrolling. Overall though I am delighted with mine and am using it as my daily driver... I am really not a fan of typing on glass and prefer to use this for work when typing out lots of emails... Couldn't bring myself to pay full price for the key2 and am glad I have this with pie and Android 10 promised...
    neoberry99 likes this.
    03-25-20 06:10 AM
    Got mine on preorder and I love the Passport form factor... Keyboard is not up to Blackberry/TCL standards however but does have capacitive scrolling. Overall though I am delighted with mine and am using it as my daily driver... I am really not a fan of typing on glass and prefer to use this for work when typing out lots of emails... Couldn't bring myself to pay full price for the key2 and am glad I have this with pie and Android 10 promised...
    How do you find typing on the stiffer springs?

I had a Titan and sold it because it was a bit tiring to the thumbs compared to the BlackBerry's. The keys (especially the spacebar) demanded more force than just about any other keyboard I tried.

This is definitely something they could easily improve. Maybe the ones they're shipping out now are already improved when it comes to that, I had an earlier version
    03-25-20 07:16 AM
    Would you say that the keys on the keyboard feel more like the KEY 2?

Hammered out on my Precious Passport.
    03-25-20 07:29 AM
    How do you find typing on the stiffer springs?

I had a Titan and sold it because it was a bit tiring to the thumbs compared to the BlackBerry's. The keys (especially the spacebar) demanded more force than just about any other keyboard I tried.

This is definitely something they could easily improve. Maybe the ones they're shipping out now are already improved when it comes to that, I had an earlier version
    Getting used to the stiffer springs, but it's not BlackBerry quality. I would say they do require more force but I don't mind that too much... For the price I've paid I am really pleased with it. Actually getting so used to it I find it quite jarring going back to a normal thinner screen... Can understand now why everyone loved their Passports...
    Last edited by Grungni; 03-25-20 at 07:46 AM.
    03-25-20 07:34 AM
    Would you say that the keys on the keyboard feel more like the KEY 2?

I never owned a Key 2 but the keyboard is not as nice to type on as the keyone... Blackberry keyboards are the best in the business, however I think this phone is a bargain... Build quality and performance are great... Forced my self to use it as my daily driver to give it a thorough test and don't even notice the weight anymore... Battery life is stellar...
    03-25-20 07:45 AM
    Good news!
    03-25-20 08:52 AM
    Would you say the keyboard of the Titan is closer to BlackBerry Priv's?
    03-25-20 08:57 AM
    I did own a Priv and would say it is...
    03-25-20 09:02 AM
    In my experience (the last time I touched a Titan was about a month ago) it's not as good as the one on the Priv because the springs are stronger.

The key travel is similar but the Priv still has a more distinct click.

It's very possible that the Titan's keys will loosen up over time and become easier to press.

In any case I'm glad UniHertz made that phone because anything is better than yet another piece of glass.

And they just announced on their Facebook page that they're already working on their next QWERTY device!

https://m.facebook.com/questions.php...38273109671862
    03-25-20 09:03 AM
    I didn't particularly like the Priv keyboard, but it's Heaven compared to the Titan.
    03-25-20 09:04 AM

You will find that this is a good phone, not BlackBerry good but good. The OS is almost stock with only a few tweaks. The key board is fine again, no were near a BlackBerry but its ok. Very easily customized. Battery is great.
    Grungni likes this.
    03-25-20 12:45 PM
    You will find that this is a good phone, not BlackBerry good but good. The OS is almost stock with only a few tweaks. The key board is fine again, no were near a BlackBerry but its ok. Very easily customized. Battery is great.
    I would agree with you, I am really enjoying mine...
    03-25-20 02:30 PM
    I absolutely love my Titan, The keyboard layout is tough to get used to at first but the more I use it the faster I am. after many years on a BB phone I finally feel I can let go and not have to look back. unihertz is already working on the next keyboard phone and I hope it is a classic type. I will order a second titan just to have incase. I think this rugged phone has a good build quality and definitely can take a beating with no case.
    Grungni and the_boon like this.
    03-25-20 05:08 PM
    I want to buy one but the Canadian dollar is so crap right now ugh!!

Update it would cost me $484 Canadian not too bad

03-25-20 06:17 PM
    Just worried about the keyboard matching up to the Passport's keyboard. I love the feel of the Passport but the Titan has flat keys like the KEY2 which did not impress me. I just wish I could pick one up in the store to play with like I did with the KEY2.

Decisions decisions. Titan is now available-titan-20bv.jpg
    03-25-20 07:21 PM
    Just worried about the keyboard matching up to the Passport's keyboard. I love the feel of the Passport but the Titan has flat keys like the KEY2 which did not impress me. I just wish I could pick one up in the store to play with like I did with the KEY2.

Decisions decisions. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Titan%20bv.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	448115
    If the key springs loosen up with time and use, then it could be better. But out of the box, I hope you like stiff springs. Especially the spacebar.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    03-25-20 07:26 PM
    I would say the keyboard of the Titan is much stiffer than the Passport keyboard. Because the size of the keys is much bigger compared to the Passport, you have to get used to longer movements on the keyboard itself. Once you got used to it, it should not be a problem.

I use the Titan now since it arrived at the beginning of the year. So far I don't have any problems and really like its over all performance.

The support is also outstanding: just write an email to Unihertz and you get fast response.

Since a couple of weeks I use a wireless charger (Anker Power Wave) and have to say it loads the battery as quick as regular loading with USB. You just have to use a charger with enough power than it doesn't make a difference. Sure if you plug the wireless charger on a standard USB charger or notebook USB port it will be slow.

What I still love since the first day I started using the Titan: you don't need a case, it's solid built for the price and over all quality is very good. Battery life is still the best I ever had with a smartphone.

What I did not like that much is the automatic display brightness regulation of Android 9. It should be somehow smart and learn the correct brightness after you regulated the brightness for yourself in automatic mode but this did not work at all for me. Display was always a way to bright for me. So I installed after a long time of searching the app 'advanced brightness' out of the Playstore. This is a simple app with a option to set different brightness levels for every hour. Now that just works fine for me. I can recommend it!
    Attached Thumbnails Titan is now available-dsc00401-01.jpg  
    Grungni likes this.
    03-26-20 03:23 AM
    I would say the keyboard of the Titan is much stiffer than the Passport keyboard. Because the size of the keys is much bigger compared to the Passport, you have to get used to longer movements on the keyboard itself. Once you got used to it, it should not be a problem.

I use the Titan now since it arrived at the beginning of the year. So far I don't have any problems and really like its over all performance.

The support is also outstanding: just write an email to Unihertz and you get fast response.

Since a couple of weeks I use a wireless charger (Anker Power Wave) and have to say it loads the battery as quick as regular loading with USB. You just have to use a charger with enough power than it doesn't make a difference. Sure if you plug the wireless charger on a standard USB charger or notebook USB port it will be slow.

What I still love since the first day I started using the Titan: you don't need a case, it's solid built for the price and over all quality is very good. Battery life is still the best I ever had with a smartphone.

What I did not like that much is the automatic display brightness regulation of Android 9. It should be somehow smart and learn the correct brightness after you regulated the brightness for yourself in automatic mode but this did not work at all for me. Display was always a way to bright for me. So I installed after a long time of searching the app 'advanced brightness' out of the Playstore. This is a simple app with a option to set different brightness levels for every hour. Now that just works fine for me. I can recommend it!
    I'm using my old Nokia DT-900 wireless charger and it too works well...
    03-26-20 04:26 AM
    If the key springs loosen up with time and use, then it could be better. But out of the box, I hope you like stiff springs. Especially the spacebar.

Can you guys type just as fast on the Titan as you could on the Passport without the phone messing up? I thought I read when people first got their phones that the software could not keep up?
    03-26-20 06:38 AM
    Can you guys type just as fast on the Titan as you could on the Passport without the phone messing up? I thought I read when people first got their phones that the software could not keep up?
    With the first update that was pushed to the Titan, yes you can type super fast and it won't miss a single key press.

You'll have to train your thumb to press the spacebar with even more force than the other keys because it's even stiffer in my experience
    03-26-20 07:50 AM

You're probably one of the users who has been using their Titan for the longest now.

Can you tell any difference in the key stiffness after those few months of use? Did the keys "break-in" and become a bit easier to press? (Particularly spacebar)
    03-26-20 07:52 AM
    I never had a diffrence between all the keys and the spacebar. It is stiff to type on but never to stiff for me. I don't think it changed a lot. I would say it's the same just like I started using the Titan. I actually like it as it is and for me it is a sign of quality that it did not change.

I can type as fast as I want and I don't miss any letters. But for this I have to use SwiftKey. With the original Installed Kika-Software I'm not able to write in a speed I'm satisfied with.
    03-26-20 08:03 AM
    I'm encouraged by the fact that Unihertz is planning another QWERTY. I tried the Titan, as a huge Passport fan, but it just wasn't for me.
    03-26-20 08:49 AM
    I'm using the BlackBerry keyboard and can now type just as fast as on my KeyOne... There is a learning curve the keyboard is wider and the keys are much bigger... My spacebar feels much like the other keys and they don't travel as far as on the KeyOne...
    03-26-20 09:12 AM
29 12