Here is a link to a fairly decent review of the new Unihertz Titan. The only things he didn't mention were:

1) You can scroll from the capacitive keyboard
    2) Keys are programmable
    3) You can load the BB Hub+ apps and keyboard.
    4) IP67 water and dust rating.

02-01-20 12:42 PM
    Here is a link to a fairly decent review of the new Unihertz Titan. The only things he didn't mention were:

2) Keys are programmable

This post reminds me the times when @crackberrykevin pointed out, in his very charming and wise style, what the K3 must have.
    Titan is the closest attempt to it so far. But it is good to come back to his thoughts as something desired and, who knows, maybe feasible under Uniherzt.

02-01-20 12:46 PM
    Maybe unihertz and blackberry should get a room and produce a K3.

Posted via my beautiful priv
    02-01-20 01:21 PM
    Maybe unihertz and blackberry should get a room and produce a K3.

Posted via my beautiful priv
    NSFW
    the_boon likes this.
    02-01-20 01:23 PM
    Thanks for the link! I'm tempted.

Now, if that fingerprint reader doubled as a trackpad... I'd pay WAY more. Stuff it into a comfortably sized, toolbelt equipped, Bold chassis and I'd pay crazy way more!! Lol.
    the_boon and bb9900user2018 like this.
    02-01-20 06:35 PM
    Thanks for the link! I'm tempted.

Now, if that fingerprint reader doubled as a trackpad... I'd pay WAY more. Stuff it into a comfortably sized, toolbelt equipped, Bold chassis and I'd pay crazy way more!! Lol.
    Yup, I'd jump on an Android Classic clone.

I'd ditch my LE for it, but would keep it as a backup.

Every PKB fan needs a trusty backup LE...
    02-01-20 08:00 PM
    I wouldn't touch this due to the included malware as others have pointed out.

Does everyone have blinders on just because it is a new version of a form factor they want?
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    02-01-20 08:10 PM
    Yup, I'd jump on an Android Classic clone.

I'd ditch my LE for it, but would keep it as a backup.

Every PKB fan needs a trusty backup LE...
    Yep. Just reserved, checked in, unlocked side entrance AND unlocked room door at Hampton Inn using their app on this LE. Quite a stretch to single hand with luggage in tow. Made painfully possible with grasp aiding contraption. Hard to outguess how friendly Titan would be to similar single handed use case. No guessing about how WONDERful 9900 patterned could be for that scenario, tho.
    02-01-20 08:16 PM
    I wouldn't touch this due to the included malware as others have pointed out.

Does everyone have blinders on just because it is a new version of a form factor they want?
    Lol, certainly a significant issue. How do we truly assure ANYthing these days?

We've been handed "choices we can't refuse" for so long... Tunnel vision "blinders" seem about the only choices we have... Lol. Glad I'm "retired". Lol.
    02-01-20 08:35 PM
    Yep. Just reserved, checked in, unlocked side entrance AND unlocked room door at Hampton Inn using their app on this LE. Quite a stretch to single hand with luggage in tow. Made painfully possible with grasp aiding contraption. Hard to outguess how friendly Titan would be to similar single handed use case. No guessing about how WONDERful 9900 patterned could be for that scenario, tho.
    You might wanna get a CoverON case from eBay for that LE.

It will add minimal bulk but it will also add a lot of grip which helps when you need to stretch the hand to reach the top parts of the screen
    02-01-20 09:55 PM
    You might wanna get a CoverON case from eBay for that LE.

It will add minimal bulk but it will also add a lot of grip which helps when you need to stretch the hand to reach the top parts of the screen
    Yeah, contributing to solid grasp is a good thing. Here's some photos of a contraption I've fabbed for my K's. Note how a single finger can position at will. Also note how it clips to old fashioned paper tablet. Titan might benefit from similar??
    Attached Thumbnails Titan - No CrackBerry Review so here is a recent  fairly accurate one-img-20191218-00071.jpg   Titan - No CrackBerry Review so here is a recent  fairly accurate one-img-20191218-00072.jpg   Titan - No CrackBerry Review so here is a recent  fairly accurate one-img-20191218-00076.jpg   Titan - No CrackBerry Review so here is a recent  fairly accurate one-img-20191218-00079.jpg   Titan - No CrackBerry Review so here is a recent  fairly accurate one-img-20191218-00081.jpg  

jacobacevedog likes this.
    02-02-20 03:29 AM
    Yeah, contributing to solid grasp is a good thing. Here's some photos of a contraption I've fabbed for my K's. Note how a single finger can position at will. Also note how it clips to old fashioned paper tablet. Titan might benefit from similar??
    This is circular economy. I love it
    02-02-20 06:40 AM

2) Keys are programmable

Homer said your rite ! !
    Attached Thumbnails Titan - No CrackBerry Review so here is a recent  fairly accurate one-workhow.jpg  
    02-02-20 08:06 AM
    What in the hell is that...

Lol just a nice clear gel case will add plenty of grip without looking like a "contraption"
    02-02-20 09:40 AM
    What in the hell is that...

Lol just a nice clear gel case will add plenty of grip without looking like a "contraption"
    Haha... Maybe one user's "plenty" might prove another user's "not quite"? Lol. I'm an all position, all situation, user. Mobile communications, to ME, means minimally distracted thought to thumb communications WHILE "in Motion". OR at rest. As those thoughts happen. Real time. MY choice rather than the handset designer's choice.

"What in the hell" that is is desperation. Desperately exploring EVERYthing imaginable to maintain daily productivity in the face of newer, less productive for MY usecase, oversized handset designs. That "contraption" promotes productivity while simultaneously living life. Just last night, it assisted to make reservation, pay, check in, receive "virtual key", enter side door and enter room at a Hampton Inn. All exclusively with left hand. All while right hand gathered luggage, locked up car, and transported luggage & other items to room. All with zero fear of left hand losing grasp and dropping the LE.

THEN, I plopped flat on back and proceeded to review and edit a spreadsheet on 9900 in left hand while simultaneously exchanging messages with a client using that "contraption" fitted LE in right hand. Both handsets held over head. Aimed down over face. Flat on back. On bed.

Planning to be pretty prone with brew in one hand during game, this afternoon. Fully expect SOME messaging to carry on in left hand, tho. Lol.

No problem to use a naked 9900 that way. That compact device truly feels welcome, in hand. LE is far better than K1 for that but still too ungainly without "contraption". I've used gel cases and agree that they can frequently make "the difference" for grasping oversized devices. They just don't add enough grip for achieving maximum single thumb wpm while flat on back. For ME, anyway. I've tried a "ring" but never felt like they afforded command of chassis positioning as well as my gawd awful looking "contraption" does. Lol.

All that "contraption" consists of is a Seidio BBK2AS with a spring steel "paper clamp" fitted in place of the plastic belt clamp that broke off long ago. Spring steel clamp grips belt better anyway. Lol. The LE readily snaps out of the BBK2AS in about 1/2 second when desired. Snaps back in even faster. Several of my old crew have fashioned similar contraptions. A shame that, considering the ultra tech level touted "modern" handsets, some of us must resort to "agricultural engineering" solutions just to minimize the giant leap backward in productivity these gargantuan designs handicap us with. Imo. Fwiw.

Yep, I grew up on a farm. In a farming community. Immersed in a "racing" culture in perpetual pursuit of that next 1/10 second... Lol. No stranger to "contraptions" when numbers prove their worth. For ME, anyway.

Any gel, or hard, cases available to fit Titan?
    02-02-20 11:29 AM
    That’s an engineer fer ya
    02-02-20 12:22 PM
    That’s an engineer fer ya
    Just needed some duct tape...
    02-03-20 08:27 AM
    Just needed some duct tape...
    That’s called Florida Panhandle engineering.
    02-03-20 09:46 AM
    02-03-20 10:27 AM