Titan owners will receive ther first update today, that will address minor keyboard tweaks and improvements as well as several upgrades, in response to users feedback.

This is itself impressive support for a kickstarter project.

Looking forward to seeing how this improves the user experince.

Titan first impressions:

Th pkb is great.

I installed the BlackBerry keyboard on mine, works fine.

Screen size is good. Wider screen Less scrolling.

Programmable button really versatile, can be programmed to do virtually anything with short press, long press and double press options.

Rugged for days.

Battery for days.

Snappy 6gb ram and decent chip.

Wireless charging.

Android 9

Transitioning from a Priv this Titan is a dream come true.
    01-16-20 05:18 AM
    I'm embarrassed to ask, but where did you get the BlackBerry keyboard? I searched for it on Google Play without success.
    01-18-20 12:07 AM
    I'm embarrassed to ask, but where did you get the BlackBerry keyboard? I searched for it on Google Play without success.
    Try this,
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/blackb...erry-keyboard/
    01-18-20 06:57 AM
    Install the BlackBerry Manager app, by Cobalt. Once installed, you'll see the BlackBerry virtual keyboard (VKB) in the available apps selection. Select it and activate it as your main keyboard, when your phone system pop up asks you to.

https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...uired-1059855/

The link to the VKB above is a good link, but the keyboard won't install, because BlackBerry coded it specifically for BlackBerry phones only. BlackBerry Manager app makes your phone appear to be a BlackBerry device, allowing for installation of the VKB.
    Jaxxfunk likes this.
    01-18-20 07:12 AM
    Just tried and it's as @Mecca EL states - won't install.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-18-20 09:01 AM
    Install the BlackBerry Manager app, by Cobalt. Once installed, you'll see the BlackBerry virtual keyboard (VKB) in the available apps selection. Select it and activate it as your main keyboard, when your phone system pop up asks you to.

https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...uired-1059855/

The link to the VKB above is a good link, but the keyboard won't install, because BlackBerry coded it specifically for BlackBerry phones only. BlackBerry Manager app makes your phone appear to be a BlackBerry device, allowing for installation of the VKB.
    Feeling like a guppy swimming amongst the sharks here... I've historically avoided unauthorized diddles like side-loading etc. so as not to undermine security. But let's assume I'm ready to take that step.

I had installed Hub+, Launcher and Password Keeper from Google Play and spent quite a bit of time setting up my screens, gathering icons into folders etc.

So if I follow this process I will first have to remove the installed BB apps and start over on that organization, correct?

Would be nice if I could back this up somehow, but may be worth redoing.

Thanks sincerely for the guidance.
    01-18-20 09:40 AM
    Just tried and it's as @Mecca EL states - won't install.
    There is a version of the keyboard that can be installed but it's the Priv VKB. There is a download for the apk on xda developers. I've used it on various android devices. https://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/...board-t3249469
    01-18-20 09:43 AM
    Feeling like a guppy swimming amongst the sharks here... I've historically avoided unauthorized diddles like side-loading etc. so as not to undermine security. But let's assume I'm ready to take that step.

I had installed Hub+, Launcher and Password Keeper from Google Play and spent quite a bit of time setting up my screens, gathering icons into folders etc.

So if I follow this process I will first have to remove the installed BB apps and start over on that organization, correct?

No, simply install the BlackBerry keyboard using the BlackBerry Manager. This won't conflict with your already installed BlackBerry apps.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-18-20 09:59 AM
    There is a version of the keyboard that can be installed but it's the Priv VKB. There is a download for the apk on xda developers. I've used it on various android devices. https://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/...board-t3249469
    Thanks. I was trying to avoid posting Cobalt as that is getting frowned upon these days... but being Spud is already paying for the rest of the apps we're good .
    Last edited by Ben xfg; 01-18-20 at 09:33 PM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-18-20 10:01 AM
    posting Cobalt
    That apk is not from Cobalt but I just tried the download link and it is dead, lol.
    01-18-20 10:17 AM
    2nd update is already coming soon !
    They said for the chinese new year.
    01-18-20 05:10 PM
    The only reason I would be careful with that version is because I'm more familiar with Cobalt than I am with some unknown entity on xda. Not saying that this person has nefarious intent, but the method they used to remove the device check coding can also open the door to insecure coding being added. Cobalt's tool doesn't do this.
    01-18-20 05:38 PM

Please don't ever feel like this. The real stupid people are the ones who think they know it all, and the ones who never ask questions.

As much as I would like to say "trust me" and trust Cobalt, all you seriously need to do, when you have any concerns, is go through our references here.

No, you do not need to uninstall anything, and thank you for subscribing to the BlackBerry App Suite. Just install the keyboard, and you're good to go 👍
    01-18-20 05:42 PM
    Please don't ever feel like this. The real stupid people are the ones who think they know it all, and the ones who never ask questions.

As much as I would like to say "trust me" and trust Cobalt, all you seriously need to do, when you have any concerns, is go through our references here.

No, you do not need to uninstall anything, and thank you for subscribing to the BlackBerry App Suite. Just install the keyboard, and you're good to go 👍
    How very kind. Thanks sincerely for the sentiment and the assistance.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-18-20 08:19 PM
    No, simply install the BlackBerry keyboard using the BlackBerry Manager. This won't conflict with your already installed BlackBerry apps.
    Cheers
    01-18-20 08:23 PM