Nearly everyone is not satisfied with the Titan camera. While I don't use my phone as a camera much, I do find that the HDR function improves the quality of the shot significantly.

Have any Titan users tried a camera app like Procam x?
    06-14-21 05:59 PM
    Nearly everyone is not satisfied with the Titan camera. While I don't use my phone as a camera much, I do find that the HDR function improves the quality of the shot significantly.

Folks have tried many of them... result have varied as much as folks views on what a good image is.
    06-15-21 07:13 AM
    I have tried maybe 10 camera apps. All give more/less same results. There is only slight improvement with light measuring and that is all. You cannot improve the sensor.
    06-15-21 08:45 AM
    I do realize that you cannot improve the sensor, and I'm not looking for taking display quality photos. I did notice that the HDR function on the Q10 takes several shots and stacks them to improve the image quality. This works quite nicely, although it doesn't work nearly as well in dim light. I tested Procam x HDR mode on my Samsung tablet which already has a good camera, and it improved the details quite a bit. Also, if it saves a RAW image format, I can do a lot more in Adobe Lightroom to correct light and colour balance in poor shots.

As I've said in other discussions, if I need a good quality photo, I'll take out my Nikon, or my tablet.
    06-15-21 09:08 AM
    How to take raw photo in Titan?!

One thing pisses me off on Titan's camera. At some occasions, when photographing people, it takes a photo in some strange hdr oversharpened mode. Don't know what happens. I allways delete those photos because faces look very unnatural. And I need to take another one from slightly different angle and then it takes normal one.
    06-15-21 02:38 PM

I use Open Camera and I'm very happy with the functionality it provides, especially with the Camera 2 API option enabled. For me the phone is a workhorse in the field so if I can get a good shot of some installation overview or detail like an equipment nameplate I'm happy. The fact that it can also take non-technical photos like landscapes and macros of flowers that don't make me wretch is a bonus. Since I have low expectations I'm usually pleased. Not a ringing endorsement I know!

If I really want to make art I'll use a dedicated camera device with lotsa glass and optical zoom. Before the advent of decent camera phones I carried a pocket digital camera with me everywhere and didn't think twice about it.
    app_Developer likes this.
    06-22-21 07:35 AM
    I use Open Camera and I'm very happy with the functionality it provides, especially with the Camera 2 API option enabled. For me the phone is a workhorse in the field so if I can get a good shot of some installation overview or detail like an equipment nameplate I'm happy. The fact that it can also take non-technical photos like landscapes and macros of flowers that don't make me wretch is a bonus. Since I have low expectations I'm usually pleased. Not a ringing endorsement I know!

If I really want to make art I'll use a dedicated camera device with lotsa glass and optical zoom. Before the advent of decent camera phones I carried a pocket digital camera with me everywhere and didn't think twice about it.
    How is your Titan holding up over all? Are you pleased with its form and function? Messanger apps, calls and emails work ok? How about the carrier you use yours on and signal strength, call quality, etc.
    stephenabm likes this.
    06-22-21 05:04 PM
    How is your Titan holding up over all? Are you pleased with its form and function? Messanger apps, calls and emails work ok? How about the carrier you use yours on and signal strength, call quality, etc.
    I was amongst the first gang of supporters so I've had my Titan from the start. Form-wise it's a beast. It's likely the heaviest phone you've ever held in your hands.

But I love the phone and in my work the ruggedized water-resistant aspects are extremely important and welcome. I don't go out of my way to stress-test phones but it's the first smartphone I've carried without a case and without concern. It's taken a few tumbles including a slide across a gravel road with a thin dusting of snow, one good drop and a couple of minor ones. No problem.

I must note that I wear, at work, and often casually as well, overalls that have a huge phone pocket on the chest. The Titan fills that pocket. If you have it in a pants pocket you'd better have your belt snugged up. 😉

Being able to scroll with the keyboard, set up myriad keyboard shortcuts and keep my often work-fouled and frequently gloved hands off the screen is sweet.

No problems with my carrier (Bell). Call quality and coverage are fine. My last most beloved phone to compare it against was the Classic. I do a lot of work in spotty coverage areas and I can attest that if I can't get a signal, nobody else seems to be any better off.

The speaker is mono but loud, although (likely due to being utterly sealed on the inside) if the vent is blocked it pretty much mutes the output and the speaker distorts badly from the back pressure.

I don't do messaging other than text, no social media so no comment there. Email's fine. I use the BB hub, which of course will never be as smooth as on BB10, and right now I have Outlook installed for exclusive use related to some contract work. No hiccups.

I pledged for the Titan Pocket to support the company and to have a phone for those occasions when the bulk of the Titan is a little over the top. The Pocket isn't water resistant and I don't see it taking Titan's place at work. If the Titan died tomorrow I would still consider it to have been a bargain and honestly - again, heavily influenced by my use case - I would buy another one before I'd invest 2 or 3 times as much in some poncy slab.

The only time I've ever had an issue (screen staying blank after having the phone to my ear) support was responsive and they fixed my problem. I've observed a few things about the keyboard software I wasn't fond of, and likely I wasn't the only one, but options have been added to turn that stuff off. They listen and they take action.

BTW the Titan was on Android 9 when I got it, has been updated to 10 and I got the June 5 security update this morning.
    bh7171, the_boon and app_Developer like this.
    06-22-21 06:00 PM
    I was amongst the first gang of supporters so I've had my Titan from the start. Form-wise it's a beast. It's likely the heaviest phone you've ever held in your hands.

But I love the phone and in my work the ruggedized water-resistant aspects are extremely important and welcome. I don't go out of my way to stress-test phones but it's the first smartphone I've carried without a case and without concern. It's taken a few tumbles including a slide across a gravel road with a thin dusting of snow, one good drop and a couple of minor ones. No problem.

I must note that I wear, at work, and often casually as well, overalls that have a huge phone pocket on the chest. The Titan fills that pocket. If you have it in a pants pocket you'd better have your belt snugged up. ������

Being able to scroll with the keyboard, set up myriad keyboard shortcuts and keep my often work-fouled and frequently gloved hands off the screen is sweet.

No problems with my carrier (Bell). Call quality and coverage are fine. My last most beloved phone to compare it against was the Classic. I do a lot of work in spotty coverage areas and I can attest that if I can't get a signal, nobody else seems to be any better off.

The speaker is mono but loud, although (likely due to being utterly sealed on the inside) if the vent is blocked it pretty much mutes the output and the speaker distorts badly from the back pressure.

I don't do messaging other than text, no social media so no comment there. Email's fine. I use the BB hub, which of course will never be as smooth as on BB10, and right now I have Outlook installed for exclusive use related to some contract work. No hiccups.

I pledged for the Titan Pocket to support the company and to have a phone for those occasions when the bulk of the Titan is a little over the top. The Pocket isn't water resistant and I don't see it taking Titan's place at work. If the Titan died tomorrow I would still consider it to have been a bargain and honestly - again, heavily influenced by my use case - I would buy another one before I'd invest 2 or 3 times as much in some poncy slab.

The only time I've ever had an issue (screen staying blank after having the phone to my ear) support was responsive and they fixed my problem. I've observed a few things about the keyboard software I wasn't fond of, and likely I wasn't the only one, but options have been added to turn that stuff off. They listen and they take action.

BTW the Titan was on Android 9 when I got it, has been updated to 10 and I got the June 5 security update this morning.
    Awesome and thanks for the detailed response. Very cool for those of us interested in the Titan Pocket. There have been some slams against the company and the products they produce in another thread. Getting first hand accounts from existing device users like yourself is appreciated. I do wish the Titan Pocket had water resistance but if the keyboard is Classic like well then I can certainly live with that. Sounds like your Titan is holding up well and is being supported and that's good to know. It also seems to be appreciating in price (like the Key 2) in some listings.
    the_boon likes this.
    06-22-21 06:19 PM
    Awesome and thanks for the detailed response. Very cool for those of us interested in the Titan Pocket. There have been some slams against the company and the products they produce in another thread. Getting first hand accounts from existing device users like yourself is appreciated. I do wish the Titan Pocket had water resistance but if the keyboard is Classic like well then I can certainly live with that. Sounds like your Titan is holding up well and is being supported and that's good to know. It also seems to be appreciating in price (like the Key 2) in some listings.
    So much for those around here who believe that a Unihertz phone will decompose in your hand within a year.
    06-22-21 07:49 PM
    So much for those around here who believe that a Unihertz phone will decompose in your hand within a year.
    I don't recall anyone saying any such thing.

It's more like how 100,000 enterprise users - with both high expectations and solid support agreements - would fare with Unihertz. Or, just as relevant, how Unihertz would fare with THEM.

I can only imagine how many Pocket keyboards you would be burning through after a year.
    06-22-21 07:54 PM
    I can only imagine how many Pocket keyboards you would be burning through after a year.
    You're confirming what you believed, that these phones can't hold up even a year.

When I get mine, I'll install the BB keyboard which includes typing stats, and put some mileage on it.

Then we'll see how many keyboards I'll "burn through" in the long term. I'll post photos of the phone on that stats screen.

Challenge accepted.
    bh7171 likes this.
    06-22-21 08:00 PM
    I appreciate hearing first hand experiences from existing Titan users.
    From what I have read it seems UniHertz has only improved the Titans functionality with software tweeks over time.

Would anyone like to share their input on the keyboard and overall condition with usage? Is it holding up? If there was/is an issue has UniHertz been responsive to users needs?
    06-22-21 09:06 PM
    The keyboard is ok. It has a bit longer key travel but you get used to it. It is very hard to use it one handed but it is possible to write some short answers.
    One thing that pisses me off is Kika keyboard. I turned off auto suggestions but it still shows word suggestions. That's why I mostly use BB keyboard lately, but then I have a problem if I need to write any symbol that is not on keyboard, like percentage symbol. Then I have to switch to some other keyboard to do it and it is very frustrating.
    Also, in Viber, enter to send works only with BB keyboard. Don't know why.

Overall, I am satisfied with the phone. But, I supported Pocket mainly because of smaller size.
    bh7171 likes this.
    06-22-21 11:03 PM
    My fingerprint sensor stopped working/froze not so long after I got it.

But I've dropped the phone A LOT. Everything else is still working fine.

I figured it's not valid to complain about the fingerprint sensor not working if I keep dropping the phone. Same happened to both my Key phones... I rendered their fingerprint sensors unusable very quickly. The sensors or construct thereof must not be built to withstand repeated drops and abuse. I'm not complaining, just reporting.

When i think about the weight of the Titan relative to the weight of the Key phones, I presume the energy released from a Titan hard-floor impact, from 3 or 4 feet, would release way more energy than the same for the Key phones. I figure heavy construction of the Titan is still not enough to protect the fingerprint sensor from user abuse. Perhaps the heavy construction of the new Pocket, combined with its lighter weight, will result in a more durable fingerprint sensor, better resilience for repeated drops?
    06-23-21 02:07 PM
    My fingerprint sensor stopped working/froze not so long after I got it.

But I've dropped the phone A LOT. Everything else is still working fine.

I figured it's not valid to complain about the fingerprint sensor not working if I keep dropping the phone. Same happened to both my Key phones... I rendered their fingerprint sensors unusable very quickly. The sensors or construct thereof must not be built to withstand repeated drops and abuse. I'm not complaining, just reporting.

When i think about the weight of the Titan relative to the weight of the Key phones, I presume the energy released from a Titan hard-floor impact, from 3 or 4 feet, would release way more energy than the same for the Key phones. I figure heavy construction of the Titan is still not enough to protect the fingerprint sensor from user abuse. Perhaps the heavy construction of the new Pocket, combined with its lighter weight, will result in a more durable fingerprint sensor, better resilience for repeated drops?
    If it was more or less the same behavior from all the different phones, then I'd suggest maybe it either got programmed wrong, or your finger/skin just doesn't perform well with fingerprint sensors. A buddy of mine just doesn't get along with fingerprint sensors either, even though the same sensor will work fine for me.
    06-23-21 04:16 PM

Would anyone like to share their input on the keyboard and overall condition with usage? Is it holding up? If there was/is an issue has UniHertz been responsive to users needs?
    Haven't had any mechanical issues and I type on this thing a LOT. No keycaps missing, and as mentioned elsewhere, and I don't use a case. The thing goes in and out of a tight cloth pocket dozens of times a day.

I turned off everything in Kika keyboard that I could, and my one complaint is that it still inserts spaces after periods in inappropriate places, like after the dot in my private email address. Not the dot within the domain - which it did initially, and was fixed by a software update - but the one _before_ that in the username portion of the address. Example:

fart. [email protected]

I did not insert the space after "fart." in the above line. It did, and I have to fight to correct it in my own address - which, do I have to say, is _not_ the one above? Also I like to use

i. e. or e. g.

... sometimes, and I don't appreciate having to fight to put those back together. I wish I had an option to shut off the automatic space after period thing completely. I hate sh*t like that. I can't believe it still has the option to automatically double-space after a period. That went out (or should have) with fixed-width fonts.

Actually there is one other thing. Sometimes if I'm editing - say in a post like this one - and I move the cursor, new text entry will occur at the previous cursor location. That's wierd and way annoying if I'm happily typing away for a bit before I notice.
    06-23-21 07:08 PM
    If it was more or less the same behavior from all the different phones, then I'd suggest maybe it either got programmed wrong, or your finger/skin just doesn't perform well with fingerprint sensors. A buddy of mine just doesn't get along with fingerprint sensors either, even though the same sensor will work fine for me.
    The Titan fingerprint sensor was working well for a while, had to re-register fingerprints a few times though, then one day it shut down after a drop. I presume it hit its drop threshold. The fingerprint sensor is rock solid now, can't press it at all, not sure if it was always that way.

Similarly, the sensors on the Keys both worked well when I got those phones. Occasional re-registering of fingerprints. Eventually the fingerprint sensors totally failed.. I assume they hit their drop failure thresholds.

The KeyOne suffered many ailments, fingerprint failure first, back came off, the N-key failed, I lent the phone to my kid (bcos my Key2 came) and he somehow wrecked the sim-card slot, so the KeyOne was decommissioned.

I must say, the Key2 is one solidly built phone. Other than the fingerprint not working anymore, everything else is fine, just scratches, dings and scuffs. Still my main phone, can't see that ending anytime soon
    06-23-21 07:53 PM
    You're confirming what you believed, that these phones can't hold up even a year.

When I get mine, I'll install the BB keyboard which includes typing stats, and put some mileage on it.

Then we'll see how many keyboards I'll "burn through" in the long term. I'll post photos of the phone on that stats screen.

Challenge accepted.
    Can I ask something? It's about installing the BB Keyboard. Is this the vkb you are talking about, or will the BB keyboard be able to work using the Titan's pkb?
    06-24-21 09:29 AM
    Can I ask something? It's about installing the BB Keyboard. Is this the vkb you are talking about, or will the BB keyboard be able to work using the Titan's pkb?
    So here's the question. Can the Unihertz Titan camera take an good enough quality photo if someone were to see a leaked OM BB Unicorn PKB device in the wild used in a restaurant by some OM employee?
    06-25-21 06:29 AM
    So here's the question. Can the Unihertz Titan camera take an good enough quality photo if someone were to see a leaked OM BB Unicorn PKB device in the wild used in a restaurant by some OM employee?
    Maybe if it were an outdoor restaurant with lots of lighting... and both the picture takers and the Unicorn tamer were holding very still.
    06-25-21 07:45 AM
    Maybe if it were an outdoor restaurant with lots of lighting... and both the picture takers and the Unicorn tamer were holding very still.
    Be very still…… in the best Daffy/Elmer voice of course
    06-25-21 08:04 AM

Actually there is one other thing. Sometimes if I'm editing - say in a post like this one - and I move the cursor, new text entry will occur at the previous cursor location. That's wierd and way annoying if I'm happily typing away for a bit before I notice.
    Do you use Firefox as a browser? Then this might be the problem. I have it too on my Nokia
    06-26-21 01:46 AM
    Do you use Firefox as a browser? Then this might be the problem. I have it too on my Nokia
    DuckDuckGo, but this occurs in other apps, like this one.
    06-26-21 09:58 AM
    Good question! I am interested if the Unihertz Titan Pocket would be a good phone to move over since Blackberry does not seem to have come to us with any other options. I can use my Key2 with AT&T until February. I realize that AT&T will not support the Unihertz Titan Pocket either and I am alright with that. I need to first locate a good replacement for my Key2. I know that T-Mobile will support it.
    07-20-21 08:38 AM
27 12