Or maybe better say Droid vs iPhone...?

What say you?
    02-08-11 03:44 PM
    I took the iPhone. It will have great resale and I could use that money to buy a better android device and wait till lte is in my area.
    02-08-11 04:02 PM
    Can't go wrong with either but I think iPhone is better.

I compare Android and iPhone side by side and iPhone makes Android feel like it's still in beta.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-11 04:47 PM

I compare Android and iPhone side by side and iPhone makes Android feel like it's still in beta.

Just curious in what ways you feel iPhone is that much better? Anytime I use my wife or friends iPhone after coming from mine..I feel it's laggy and underwhelming. I know most of it's personal preference..but the lag is definately noticeable (especially playing Angry Birds)
    02-08-11 04:54 PM
    I have had both and DROID is a much more customizable solution whereas the iPhone well it's the iPhone. I prefer DROID over iPhone. I like to customize my phone to my liking not Steve Job's.
    02-08-11 05:02 PM
    Just curious in what ways you feel iPhone is that much better? Anytime I use my wife or friends iPhone after coming from mine..I feel it's laggy and underwhelming. I know most of it's personal preference..but the lag is definately noticeable (especially playing Angry Birds)
    Hmmm

Doubt she has an iPhone 4. Lots of my friends have iPhone4/iPod4s and they play angry birds all the time with no lag.

In my experience, Android is the one that lags.

02-08-11 05:35 PM
    Hmmm

Doubt she has an iPhone 4. Lots of my friends have iPhone4/iPod4s and they play angry birds all the time with no lag.

In my experience, Android is the one that lags.

I have an iPhone 4 and even after a fresh restore with nothing installed it lags. The processor is underclocked so lagging is a trade off for better battery life.

The real test is, go to a web page, let it load and flick it up and down, you'll see checker boarding and lag.

iPhone 4 has horrendous processor performance.

and then there's iPhone's pi$$ poor notification system but thats another story.
    Last edited by JD914; 02-08-11 at 05:59 PM.
    02-08-11 05:56 PM
    I took the iPhone. It will have great resale and I could use that money to buy a better android device and wait till lte is in my area.
    Did you sell your X?
    02-08-11 07:25 PM
    I'd choose thunderbolt over iPhone just for the 4G. Don't want to be stuck on 3G if/when millions of iPhone users start bringing down the network.
    02-08-11 07:57 PM

Which Android are you comparing to the iPhone?
    02-08-11 07:57 PM
    I'd choose thunderbolt over iPhone just for the 4G. Don't want to be stuck on 3G if/when millions of iPhone users start bringing down the network.
    I agree. I would chose the Thunderbolt over the Iphone everyday!
    02-09-11 09:16 AM
    Did you sell your X?
    Not yet but I am going to.

Also, my iPhone has not lagged once and I have over 50 apps on it.
    02-09-11 11:42 AM
    I have an iPhone 4 and even after a fresh restore with nothing installed it lags. The processor is underclocked so lagging is a trade off for better battery life.

The real test is, go to a web page, let it load and flick it up and down, you'll see checker boarding and lag.

iPhone 4 has horrendous processor performance.

and then there's iPhone's pi$$ poor notification system but thats another story.
    I only see the checkerboard if I try swiping before the pages loads, otherwise it is silky smooth.

The notification system does blow though. It's one of the reasons I got rid of my other iPhone in the first place.
    02-09-11 11:45 AM
    id say iphone, thunderbolt is going to get old really soon thanks to android phone habits. Also iphone is perfect if you clearly dont have lte in your area (if you were in my situation)
    02-09-11 11:57 AM
    id say iphone, thunderbolt is going to get old really soon thanks to android phone habits. Also iphone is perfect if you clearly dont have lte in your area (if you were in my situation)
    Okay, this post really doesn't make sense to me. Apple comes out with a new iPhone every year and the iPhone 5 is suspected to come out in June. So in essence the iPhone 4 is going to get old even sooner than the Thunderbolt.

Just because different companies come out with new phones at different times doesn't mean the phone is old. The iPhone 4 really is old since it's been out for 7-8 months.

If you are picking the iPhone simply because new Android phones come out more often, that is silly. It's not like high end Android phones come out for a single carrier every month. The X, Incredible, Fascinate, and Droid 2 have all been out for quite awhile. That's why Best Buy was giving the Incredible away for free.

We are still waiting on all 4 Verizon Android phones that were announced at CES. HTC, LG, and Samsung may come out with dual core phones toward the end of the year, but that doesn't mean the Thunderbolt would be any older that the iPhone 4. If anything for those of you who don't have LTE yet, it would probably be in your best interest to get the Thunderbolt as it can do data and voice over 3G. I for one can take advantage of LTE in all of the places I go to most so this is why I will probably go for the Bionic or the Thunderbolt.
    02-09-11 12:19 PM
    I like both. But in my opinion the only thing I like more about Android is the notification system. I'm coming from an EVO, Droid Inc and X before that and iPhone before those. Still prefer iOS right now. But Android is good. I just think each has their strengths and weaknesses and suits different users differently. I can't honestly say which is the better OS I can only say which is the better OS for me.
    02-09-11 12:30 PM
    id say iphone, thunderbolt is going to get old really soon thanks to android phone habits.
    what do you mean by this?
    02-09-11 12:55 PM
    Okay, this post really doesn't make sense to me. Apple comes out with a new iPhone every year and the iPhone 5 is suspected to come out in June. So in essence the iPhone 4 is going to get old even sooner than the Thunderbolt.

Iphone4 is still going to have alot of support since apple likes to support their devices. Iphone 5 prob won't be a big leap from the 4 anyways and nobody knows if verizon is getting it

Just because different companies come out with new phones at different times doesn't mean the phone is old. The iPhone 4 really is old since it's been out for 7-8 months.

iphone 4 might be 8months old but it has more support than some of these android devices. Android phones gets outdated very quickly because of the hardware. Then you have the manufactures that like to lock phones down which causes you to not fully enjoy the android experience. Once your android device gets on the knockoff list from the company, the support is going to stop

If you are picking the iPhone simply because new Android phones come out more often, that is silly. It's not like high end Android phones come out for a single carrier every month. The X, Incredible, Fascinate, and Droid 2 have all been out for quite awhile. That's why Best Buy was giving the Incredible away for free.

Funny cause i had all these devices your naming and there not that great. X/Droid 2 Lock down to the point where you beg for a leak. Fascinate is clearly the ugly duck, no support at all. Incredible has pretty bad battery life and htc doesn't change there design very well. meaning they still produce phones with bad battery life and poor chips.

We are still waiting on all 4 Verizon Android phones that were announced at CES. HTC, LG, and Samsung may come out with dual core phones toward the end of the year, but that doesn't mean the Thunderbolt would be any older that the iPhone 4. If anything for those of you who don't have LTE yet, it would probably be in your best interest to get the Thunderbolt as it can do data and voice over 3G. I for one can take advantage of LTE in all of the places I go to most so this is why I will probably go for the Bionic or the Thunderbolt.

The devices named at ces does sound great but from the info i named above im staying away. Dual core is pointless unless your a hardcore gamer on your cell phone o_0. also android doesn't support dual core for phones prob till 2.4. Yes the thunderbolt can use 3G but nobody knows the pricing for lte and how verizon is going to approach it. They might be like sprint and charge an extra $10 a month just to use the device on 3G. Im not trying to cause anything because i am a android fan boy.
    Read the parts in red
    02-09-11 12:56 PM
    What blows about the iPhone's notification system?
    02-09-11 01:38 PM
    It doesn't have one, every time you receive a notification an intrusive pop up window appears and you have to acknowledge it.

This becomes a problem when your doing something and you have to stop what you're doing.

Notifications on iOS don't run in the background unlike Android, Web OS, WP7 or Blackberry. It's amazing Apple hasn't addressed this issue since iPhone's debut in 2007. This is a basic feature found in all smart phones, I don't know what Apple is waiting for.
    Last edited by JD914; 02-09-11 at 02:15 PM.
    02-09-11 02:13 PM
    No notification area to let you know of all the things you have pending. Push notifications are good but if you receive a lot of notifications at 1 time it's not like you can view them how you want. You have to view as they pop up and in many cases miss some of them. It would be better to be able to see a list of all notifications. And all your push messages are the same. There's no differentiation.

Can't set different notifications for different email accounts. So if I want my Gmail to do one thing and my Yahoo to do something else, I'm SOL.

I wouldn't saw it's **** poor like the other person but definitely not as good as Android or even BB.
    02-09-11 02:18 PM
    It doesn't have one, every time you receive a notification an intrusive pop up window appears and you have to acknowledge it.

This becomes a problem when your doing something and you have to stop what you're doing.

Notifications on iOS don't run in the background unlike Android, Web OS, WP7 or Blackberry. It's amazing Apple hasn't addressed this issue since iPhone's debut in 2007. This is a basic feature found in all smart phones, I don't know what Apple is waiting for.
    Fully agree. There are some rumors out there suggesting Apple will implement a notification system into the lock screen. So you can see everything in 1 list. I'd like that a lot because it's currently lacking some things. I don't need it to be overkill like some apps on different platforms but I do want it to be a little more robust especially if they are really serious about iOS being a device for everyone including business users.
    02-09-11 02:20 PM

prob june since they like to turn heads around that time
    02-09-11 02:25 PM
    Fully agree. There are some rumors out there suggesting Apple will implement a notification system into the lock screen. So you can see everything in 1 list. I'd like that a lot because it's currently lacking some things. I don't need it to be overkill like some apps on different platforms but I do want it to be a little more robust especially if they are really serious about iOS being a device for everyone including business users.
    Widgets on iOS would also be nice. I don't like that I have to go to settings, select wifi then turn on wifi. That's three steps that can be cut down to one home screen widget.

With my Android device I have wifi, GPS, auto sync, screen brightness and anything else I can configure on my home screen and I don't have to fumble around to activate/deactivate most used features.
    02-09-11 02:33 PM
    I'm not sure this is even a valid comparison. The TB is huge, like the Evo and X. Way too big to put in a belt clip holster. Don't want to look like I'm carrying a small netbook on my hip. The iPhone 4 is a great phone if you just want it to work, work well and not get messed up with mods. If you want to customize or like having control over your device and it's features, go android.
    02-09-11 02:40 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD