I thought id be all over that phone, but truthfully im quite happy with my Dx. Which is surprising given the fact that i've replaced phones every year, yes Lte is so bad @ss but short battery life is a big no no. And that extended battery with the door is just horrible. Its almost like they were shooting for the look of my old lg voyager with the extended batt. Eww ... anyway. The features I wouldn't mind are Lte (of course, and front facing camera) the droid bionic doesn't look like it'll be swaying me from my Dx either. But for all of you who got the thunderbolt congrats, it looks like a nice upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-11 06:46 PM
    Dx is a great phone and I can't blame you. I love my incredible and I really love my TB too. They are all fantastic phones
    03-20-11 07:06 PM
    Wait for first dual core if you already have X.
    03-20-11 07:49 PM
    Are you talking about the HTC extended battery? I didn't even know it existed until now. And yes, it's pretty scary looking. Seidio is coming out iwth one too though and it will probably be 3500 mAh like the EVO version and have a similar cover. it should look pretty decent and will provide a good amount of power.

I was waiting for the Bionic, but I'm too afraid of Motorola...lol!
    03-20-11 08:07 PM
    seidio has a 1600 on the market already and maybe bigger, its the same battery as the mytouch 4g which has been on the market for a while
    03-20-11 08:29 PM
    seidio has a 1600 on the market already and maybe bigger, its the same battery as the mytouch 4g which has been on the market for a while
    I like to use my phone as my primary range finder at the golf course, and I can just imagine the TB's battery life using the GPS for 4+ hours with the screen (almost) constantly on. So instead of buying an extended battery, I just ordered one of these:

Amazon.com: New Trent iCruiser IMP1000 11000mAh External Battery Pack and Charger for iPad 2, ipad, iPhone 4 4G 3Gs 3G (AT&T and verizon) , iPod Touch (1G 2G 3G 4G), HTC Android EVO, Blackberry, Kindle DX, Samsung Galaxy S, Droid, Nintendo, Sony PSP

I can think of a variety of occasions where this will come in handy. It claims that it will completely charge an iPhone 4 or 5 times before it needs to be recharged.
    03-21-11 06:13 AM
    I'll try another device when they start getting better battery life. For some reason, I only like HTC Android devices because of Sense and form factor but their device get pitiful battery life. I had the Incredible and EVO and I got really tired of managing the battery life and with 4G on the TB, and a smaller battery than other HTC devices without 4G, I'm definitely staying away. And then those extended batteries just give you a brick in your pocket.... no thanks. Especially since I can expect an EVO on steroids, I know I have to wait until they start putting out some with better battery life. It doesn't have to last like a full QWERTY BB but it definitely has to be better.

(And no, I'm not flashing ROMs and kernels to achieve better life. I need it to have it out the box).

So maybe this time next year they will have something out that lasts a lot longer.
    03-21-11 09:57 AM
    I like to use my phone as my primary range finder at the golf course, and I can just imagine the TB's battery life using the GPS for 4+ hours with the screen (almost) constantly on. So instead of buying an extended battery, I just ordered one of these:

Amazon.com: New Trent iCruiser IMP1000 11000mAh External Battery Pack and Charger for iPad 2, ipad, iPhone 4 4G 3Gs 3G (AT&T and verizon) , iPod Touch (1G 2G 3G 4G), HTC Android EVO, Blackberry, Kindle DX, Samsung Galaxy S, Droid, Nintendo, Sony PSP

I can think of a variety of occasions where this will come in handy. It claims that it will completely charge an iPhone 4 or 5 times before it needs to be recharged.
    yeah i have never had a phone that could make it on the golf course a full round and still do all the other functions. the GPS apps killed them. i have a zagg spark that would recharge the battery and i will probably get some real cheap batteries just for using for golf. no big deal to me. switch during a beer break lol
    03-21-11 12:05 PM
    I like the specs of the new phones, but unfortunately I'm waiting for a new phone to be announced that doesn't have a 4.3" screen. Not a fan of the large screen size all the manufacturers seem to be focused on at the moment.

So unfortunately I'll be passing on the TB and the Bionic as well. =(
    03-21-11 12:21 PM
    I like the specs of the new phones, but unfortunately I'm waiting for a new phone to be announced that doesn't have a 4.3" screen. Not a fan of the large screen size all the manufacturers seem to be focused on at the moment.

Looks like the HTC Incredible 2 screen will be a little smaller (4" as opposed to 4.3"). Not sure how many more of the "high end" Droids are gonna drop with less than a 4 inch screen.
    03-21-11 12:31 PM
    My wife just got a Thunderbolt. Very cool phone and easily going all day with battery to spare under medium useage.

If RIM does not get there act together and get the new Monaco out, I will forgoing the Playbook and phone and moving to the Thunderbolt and HTC tablet.
    03-21-11 12:35 PM

Good! more for me and my wife!
    03-21-11 03:47 PM
    03-21-11 04:02 PM
    ^ agree. it completely destroys the look of the phone. I would prefer charging twice a day than to put that on such a nice phone.

03-21-11 07:34 PM
    i think seidio will come out with a bigger battery (2700-3500) and a better case design if you need that much juice. there is a 1600 and will be a 1800 mah battery on the market soon. both should be stock battery size too
    03-21-11 07:37 PM
    I'll probably get that battery. I care more about functionality than looks.
    03-21-11 07:44 PM
    I'm waiting for the Seidio. I think I can live on the stock battery for a little bit. The seidio setup for the EVO looks good and it's 3500mAh, so the TB should be similar. Seidio should have a protective case that will fit it all too. They told me they will have a "full line" of accessories for the device, but didn't give me an ETA. I asked about the battery, cases, cradle, etc.

And my TB shipped today and will be delivered tomorrow!
    03-21-11 11:46 PM
    i've only had my Dx for a couple of months and really don't see me changing already. i love it and right now it is more than enough for me. we won't be getting 4G around here for probably 5-7 years so i don't see that as a selling point for any other phone as well.
    03-22-11 08:57 AM
    I like how HTC keeps improving its building quality. Out of all the android hardware manufacturers, they're the best imo.
    03-22-11 10:15 AM
    I like how HTC keeps improving its building quality. Out of all the android hardware manufacturers, they're the best imo.
    I agree. Right now, they are the only ones that make a device I would consider buying. Don't really like Moto's products and not a big fan of Samsung's either. And then the fact that I like HTC Sense better than any UI that isn't vanilla. I will wait until next year when they put out another device that gets better battery life.
    03-22-11 11:24 AM

I really wanted an Android device but all the premier VZW android phones coming out are 4.3" screens which is too big and draws too much battery life for my liking. I was hoping for a 4" LTE device which would be the sweet spot for me, but manufacturers seem stuck on 4.3.

Anyways I jumped ship to a VZW iPhone and absolutely love it, minus the crappy notification system and half arse mail system.
    03-22-11 11:25 AM
    I really wanted an Android device but all the premier VZW android phones coming out are 4.3" screens which is too big and draws too much battery life for my liking. I was hoping for a 4" LTE device which would be the sweet spot for me, but manufacturers seem stuck on 4.3.

Anyways I jumped ship to a VZW iPhone and absolutely love it, minus the crappy notification system and half arse mail system.
    You want smaller. I want bigger. and the world goes 'round and 'round.
    03-22-11 11:33 AM
    I would just buy an extra battery
    03-22-11 01:59 PM
    i think seidio will come out with a bigger battery (2700-3500) and a better case design if you need that much juice. there is a 1600 and will be a 1800 mah battery on the market soon. both should be stock battery size too
    Where did u hear of the 1800 and do u know if it will fit under the standard cover?

03-25-11 04:29 PM
    its not out yet.

htc battery HDMI cellphone htcexpress - HTCEXPRESS

they should have them soon though. i ran an 1800 in my Inc and my GFs evo and they were great
    03-25-11 04:55 PM
163 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD