its $30 for unlimited 4g data, same as it is now for 3g data
    you get mobile hotspot for free until mid may and free when rooted after that

I pay under $75 for unlimited data, unlimited SMS, free m2m and 450 anytime minutes with insurance right now, i cant complain at all for that
    03-17-11 05:44 PM
    Heck, some people could replace their home broadband with this device. So drop $30-$50 a month to cable or some other broadband carrier and this device looks even more attractive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-11 07:20 PM
    You can get the mobile hotspot feature for free once rooted. And with 17 Mbps download speeds that could replace the broadband connection in a lot of homes.

I have a feeling Verizon will catch on quick to this and start monitoring data flow.
    03-17-11 11:40 PM
    They might. And who knows what their final 4g data rates will be.

ATT is certainly going after the hacked days tethering. But their network can't handle the strain today and having to offer tether because VZW did is going to hurt them.

03-18-11 12:15 PM
    They might. And who knows what their final 4g data rates will be.

ATT is certainly going after the hacked days tethering. But their network can't handle the strain today and having to offer tether because VZW did is going to hurt them.

Just as i was saying now At&t is cracking down on all the people who tether without the appropriate data plan. So whatever At&t does, Verizon is sure to follow so only time will tell.

Goodbye illegal tethering - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
    03-18-11 08:56 PM
    Don't worry. The door won't hit me. I'll be moving at 4G speed If they do have a battery life at 4 or less hours - I will return it in the first 30 days. edit: If I learned anything from my Storm 1 experience, it's to not take any crap anymore! If it ain't wokring out of the box - I aint gonna be trusting you this time to fix it! I won't fall in to the "Battered spouse" syndrome. Just because I'm in a new relationship where my new loving phone still beats on me - just not as much as my last phone - doesn't mean I'm in a good relationship!
    Well... I got my TB yesterday around 3pm! Set it up. the battery started out at less than half life. I charged it for less than two hours - had not yet gotten a full charge. Played with it until 1am. 4g was on but I only had 3G in my house! I did have WiFi on and it was ZIPPY! Battery WAS NOT THE PROBLEM.

What is MY problem? NO SKYPE!? Still... I'm out of the dark ages from my Storm 1
    03-19-11 07:50 AM
    skype was not ready yet. it will come shortly. Download qik for a video chat alternative perhaps
    03-19-11 11:01 AM
    Have a feeling that the new Storm(whatever new name will be) is right around the corner. To me, it's going to be worth the wait. Most that jump away from their blackberries, have regrets from what I've read.
    Agreed I tried the Evo 3 times and came back to the bold waiting for the montana!! Battery life sucked!
    03-19-11 06:31 PM
    Agreed I tried the Evo 3 times and came back to the bold waiting for the montana!! Battery life sucked!
    there had to be something beyond battery life that made you switch back. care to share??
    03-19-11 06:55 PM
    I'll be getting an extended battery. But even with the lessened life, I'd not return for a blackberry. There's just so much more functionality on Android and it is better as a communications device. Email included.

03-20-11 09:07 AM
    How you liking it so far Chrisy?

03-20-11 10:48 AM
    there had to be something beyond battery life that made you switch back. care to share??
    Battery was about 80% of the issue.. Just missed the basics(shortcut keys,copy and pasting,BBM,and the keyboard also. The Evo was a very nice phone but just wasn't for me I tried LOL!
    1812dave likes this.
    03-20-11 11:01 AM
    There is copy and paste. There is nothing I miss from BlackBerry. Android does messaging much more efficiently.
    03-20-11 11:30 AM
    How you liking it so far Chrisy?

Love it! It's a better phone overall.
    03-20-11 11:32 AM
    There is copy and paste. There is nothing I miss from BlackBerry. Android does messaging much more efficiently.
    didnt say there wasn't copy and paste but it wasn't as easy as the bb. It's not really fair comparing a tour to the thunderbolt! Just saying. I agree bb needs to bring out new phones asap BUT we all know the tour was garbage thats why they brought the Bold out asap!
    Last edited by Slammer; 03-20-11 at 02:58 PM.
    03-20-11 02:56 PM
    didnt say there wasn't copy and paste but it wasn't as easy as the bb. It's not really fair comparing a tour to the thunderbolt! Just saying. I agree bb needs to bring out new phones asap BUT we all know the tour was garbage thats why they brought the Bold out asap!
    and what did bringing out the Bold achieve? It's a Tour with a track pad, it's performance is just as bad as its predecessor and as much a piece of junk.
    03-20-11 03:04 PM
    any touchscreen is going to be different experience with copy/paste over a device with a keyboard. it sucked on the storm series at first. it did get better though. I find it very easy on android though. second to apple probably. very easy though
    03-20-11 03:06 PM
    Love it! It's a better phone overall.
    Good for you, I was sure that moving to Android would have been nothing but a positive experience for you, congrats and enjoy.
    03-20-11 03:06 PM
    didnt say there wasn't copy and paste but it wasn't as easy as the bb.
    Copy & paste is every bit as easy on Gingerbread, if not easier.
    03-20-11 03:09 PM
    and what did bringing out the Bold achieve? It's a Tour with a track pad, it's performance is just as bad as its predecessor and as much a piece of junk.
    All I'm saying is the tour should of never got released in the 1st place! The bold runs os6,trackpad and wi-fi.has double the memory to. If the Evo's screen resolution ws better and battery life would last more than 6hrs I may have stuck it out! interested in seeing what the Evo 3D has to offer.
    03-20-11 03:12 PM
    It is just a matter of learning something new. Copy and paste on FroYo is easy.

I think some folks are just impatient and/or don't like change.
    03-20-11 03:16 PM
    All I'm saying is the tour should of never got released in the 1st place! The bold runs os6,trackpad and wi-fi.has double the memory to. If the Evo's screen resolution ws better and battery life would last more than 6hrs I may have stuck it out! interested in seeing what the Evo 3D has to offer.
    Agreed. No Tour, Bold should have came out when the Tour did and the Bold Touch should have came out when the 9650 did. I think a lot more people would have been satisfied with BB. But maybe not, what do I know haha......
    03-20-11 06:22 PM
    Just because I no longer have a BB doesn't mean I have to to stay out of this site. I have friends who still have BB and I do help people if they need it. It is a choice and I am happy with the Incredible. I am not having any issues. NONE. But I still like to keep abreast on things. One thing about HTC if you have a problem, they don't hide from you. There is an email, a phone number and the support is great. I don't see RIM offering such openness with their customers. If I needed to speak to RIM it was a patched call from Verizon and even then, it wasn't the best service. My issues was with the BB device itself and all the problems I had with it. It may just be a phone, but it needs to work ! I know many people are happy and that's great. I do not bash any platform. But I have found a trouble free device and a great platform . BB people are still awesome though no doubt about it !
    03-24-11 04:14 PM
    Have a feeling that the new Storm(whatever new name will be) is right around the corner. To me, it's going to be worth the wait. Most that jump away from their blackberries, have regrets from what I've read.
    I was waiting...but delays and uncertainty in a release date, plus a confirmation that whenever it dropped it wouldn't support LTE, pushed me to go ahead and order a ThunderBolt.

Did they ever say what this 4G phone was gonna cost per month? You KNOW they are gonna charge more!
    Actually, my monthly plan is now about $20 less per month. Not sure how that works exactly, but I was on an older BB contract plan and had VZNav (which I obviously won't need anymore). Either way, I have the same voice/text plan as I did before w/ the unlim. smartphone plan.
    03-24-11 09:05 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD