Don't worry. The door won't hit me. I'll be moving at 4G speed If they do have a battery life at 4 or less hours - I will return it in the first 30 days. edit: If I learned anything from my Storm 1 experience, it's to not take any crap anymore! If it ain't wokring out of the box - I aint gonna be trusting you this time to fix it! I won't fall in to the "Battered spouse" syndrome. Just because I'm in a new relationship where my new loving phone still beats on me - just not as much as my last phone - doesn't mean I'm in a good relationship!
    Great Comeback!!! :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-11 05:54 PM
    03-16-11 06:00 PM
    I thought the 4G plan were going to be either 49.99 or 59.99 per month...gonna look this one up.
    03-16-11 06:10 PM
    I thought the 4G plan were going to be either 49.99 or 59.99 per month...gonna look this one up.
    It is $29.99 for the Thunderbolt. It is a limited time offer.
    03-16-11 06:12 PM
    those other prices are for the usb data cards only
    03-16-11 06:17 PM
    Funny how I've seen everything from 30 - 80 per month, but not unlimited, all capped and 10bucks per gig overage. That was numerous articles from this year, as recent as today. Also, it was for phones, not data cards.

The vzw site doesn't even have pricing...and they have a phone coming out tomorrow that will need one of these plans? Nothing like being clear and letting people decide before they go to buy the phone...lol.

Well, glad you'll get it at 30 a month...
    03-16-11 06:20 PM
    Funny how I've seen everything from 30 - 80 per month, but not unlimited, all capped and 10bucks per gig overage. That was numerous articles from this year, as recent as today. Also, it was for phones, not data cards.

The vzw site doesn't even have pricing...and they have a phone coming out tomorrow that will need one of these plans? Nothing like being clear and letting people decide before they go to buy the phone...lol.

Well, glad you'll get it at 30 a month...
    Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 monthly access and an unlimited 4G LTE data plan is $29.99 monthly access.
    Verizon�s HTC ThunderBolt finally official; $249.99, March 17th | BGR

Look at the press release.
    03-16-11 06:25 PM
    You mean from what you've read on Crackberry..

Of course you're going to read about people who've come back here and say that. Go to Android Central and see how many want to switch back.
    actually I vouch for that as well. I work in wireless and I deal with customers every day who go back to BB from Android because Android just doesnt cut it to them.
    03-16-11 07:44 PM
    bigberries it seems you may have some emotional instability seeing how you believe your phone lies to you, beats you and is comparable to a relationship.

We are at least 2 years away from 4g being the standard in wireless. 90 percent of customers I sell an Epic or Evo to leave their 4g radio off because the battery is laughable with 4g on. Come to think about it its laughable with it off to In all seriousness I hope you enjoy your thunderbold. and its nice to finally see Big Red release a 4g device more than TWO YEARS after Sprint did
    03-16-11 07:50 PM
    bigberries it seems you may have some emotional instability seeing how you believe your phone lies to you, beats you and is comparable to a relationship.

We are at least 2 years away from 4g being the standard in wireless. 90 percent of customers I sell an Epic or Evo to leave their 4g radio off because the battery is laughable with 4g on. Come to think about it its laughable with it off to In all seriousness I hope you enjoy your thunderbold. and its nice to finally see Big Red release a 4g device more than TWO YEARS after Sprint did
    And Sprint did that to screw their customers by charging them an extra 10 bucks a month for something they couldn't even have until a few months ago and not even everywhere. Its nice to see BIG RED is keeping the 29.99 unlimited plan for their 4G devices.
    03-16-11 08:55 PM
    2 years? someone failed math class
    03-16-11 09:03 PM
    actually I vouch for that as well. I work in wireless and I deal with customers every day who go back to BB from Android because Android just doesnt cut it to them.
    Oh..well..I guess if YOU vouch for it

03-16-11 09:15 PM
    I am not going to dog out blackberry but I just swapped over to the incredible and I absolutely love it. Lots better internet. My wife is gonna get the thunderbolt.

03-16-11 09:43 PM
    And Sprint did that to screw their customers by charging them an extra 10 bucks a month for something they couldn't even have until a few months ago and not even everywhere. Its nice to see BIG RED is keeping the 29.99 unlimited plan for their 4G devices.
    Not to mention wimax is dead and sprint is already talking LTE. They haven't rolled out a new market in what? 5 months? VZW's LTE network exceeded sprints the the day it launched. And that is just by footprint alone. Now if we want to talk about speed, I am sure the interwebs will be filled with screnshots of speedtest.net in the next few days. what do prope get on whine max? 4-5, maybe 7 down. VZW is lowballing expectations by telling folks 10-12 down. The notebook cards are seeing up to 30.

Sorry. Rant over.

03-17-11 07:20 AM
    I would like to know the statistics on the number of people going from bb to android vs android to bb.

03-17-11 07:49 AM
    The very few that come back to BB is for BBM, what they perceive to be faster email and an an actual keyboard. It's normal that there will always be some that cant adapt, even if that platform they can't adapt to is a better one.

Don't get your hopes up too high on another Storm, it's been two consecutive disappointments as far as that device goes. Puzzles me why you would want to give the next version of the Storm another shot despite it's crappy record
    I keep grappling with the definition of better. Better to me means it will enable me to make more money in less time. I don't see that for android or iphone.

03-17-11 08:50 AM
    It's easy, RIM is now a third rate company putting out third rate devices. You don't have to be technological whiz to know that other platforms like Android, iOS, Web OS and even WP7 offer more than BBOS.

I guess as with every platform you'll have die hards that put blinders on and refuse to explore their options.

I can assure you that you will be blown away with the TB and will ask yourself, why didn't I do this sooner?
    I like the rim interface and although I have been batting around getting an iphone I'm pretty sure my $$$ will go toward a playbook and s3.

I don't care if people think they are a third rate company. Its just a label.

03-17-11 08:55 AM
    I keep grappling with the definition of better. Better to me means it will enable me to make more money in less time.
    Better is definately a subjective term. What's better for one person might not be for another. Plain and simple.
    03-17-11 09:03 AM
    Have a feeling that the new Storm(whatever new name will be) is right around the corner. To me, it's going to be worth the wait. Most that jump away from their blackberries, have regrets from what I've read.
    Many said the same about the S2. Look how that worked out.

Myself personally, I won't be looking to give BB another go until QNX devices are released (and even then I'll wait for the reviews a month after release).
    03-17-11 09:05 AM

When exactly did Sprint release their first 4G phone?
    03-17-11 09:12 AM
    The "4G" EVO has been out for less then a year. And I put "4G" in quotes because their network is horrible due to the 2.5GHz frequency it runs on... horrible range and building penetration.
    03-17-11 10:16 AM
    I would like to know the statistics on the number of people going from bb to android vs android to bb.

I can offer some info on that, but not "industry" wide. I'm the mobile guy where we work and were just a WinMo and Blackberry shop. We only use Verizon devices. In November we stood up a Good Mobile Messaging server which would allow us to support Android devices as well.

In November we had 700 BBs, and 150 WinMo devices and no Android devices outside of a few of us testing.

As of the begining of this month we now have 530 BBs, 94WinMos and 270 Android devices.

My overall smartphone numbers have gone up... I've lost about 170 BBs, and 50+ WinMos and gained all types of Android devices. I'm not involved in the order process so I don't know how many went from one device then freaked out and went back.. there have been a few, but not many. (I really thought there would have been more because I had tons of BB users who switched to a Touch Pro 2 and freaked out because it was "so hard to use" and switched back.. even to their old 8830s... figure that one out...)

Some BB users (and a lot of Droid users) are/were waiting for us to offer the iPhone, but Verizon only lets us do a two year contract on it and so it's a no go for us. (We only do one years..) And we only do the Bold and I know I have people that want a touch screen device so if a good "Storm" type device comes out, we will deploy those...

Even though I'm a pretty big Droid user currently, I'm grabbing a Playbook the first day I can. i've messed with the Galaxy Tab and Xoom and it just doesn't do it for me. I'm pretty jacked for the Playbook. (Hope it has Netflix!)
    03-17-11 10:32 AM
    Well at the end of the day you have to go with what works for you... I have had almost all the Android phones and I have still have carried a Blackberry because the only email that works as it should on the Droid OS is Gmail... Every other email address I would get delays and sometimes not get the messages at all, so to ensure I get my emails for work and my important personal emails (like when my bills are due) I keep a Blackberry.

That is really the biggest downfall to the Droid that the non Google email platforms are not up to par... Though it is getting better... It is not there yet.

Another reason I still carry a BB is because of BBM... I have tried almost every alternative IM client and after 3+ years of using BBM nothing really seems to measure up... yet.

And now I'll get off my soap box
    Can u at least admit that truncated emails are a PITA?
    03-17-11 02:00 PM
    So 29.99/month for unlimted data (great offer) and then 2GB data of mobile hotspot for $20/month. Time to milk people's hard earned money. I'm glad we in Canada don't charge that and that Rogers offeres 6GB data in the summer for $30/month + tethering and mobile hotspot. Torch 2 here I come

03-17-11 05:34 PM
    So 29.99/month for unlimted data (great offer) and then 2GB data of mobile hotspot for $20/month. Time to milk people's hard earned money. I'm glad we in Canada don't charge that and that Rogers offeres 6GB data in the summer for $30/month + tethering and mobile hotspot. Torch 2 here I come

You can get the mobile hotspot feature for free once rooted. And with 17 Mbps download speeds that could replace the broadband connection in a lot of homes.

03-17-11 05:40 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD