I would also like to see what HTC does for a tablet. They make some high quality phones that look good.
    12-03-10 01:25 PM
    I would also like to see what HTC does for a tablet. They make some high quality phones that look good.
    The device look good and perform good. I just hope if they do make a tablet, they finally learn how to put a battery worth a damn in a device. The majority of HTC Android smartphones have terrible battery life, if they continue that trend to their tablets they would almost be unusable.
    12-03-10 01:55 PM
    The device look good and perform good. I just hope if they do make a tablet, they finally learn how to put a battery worth a damn in a device. The majority of HTC Android smartphones have terrible battery life, if they continue that trend to their tablets they would almost be unusable.
    I read they are making one supposedly with Chrome
    12-03-10 02:06 PM
    True with the battery comment, my nexus one couldn't make it through the day with hard use.
    12-03-10 02:12 PM
    I can't see the use in a tablet right now. My Droid X seems to new big enough for me now. It just seems like the same thing just with a bigger screen. I would consider getting a tablet and trading the Droid X for a regular flip phone. But even that doesn't seem ideal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-10 03:59 PM
    I would consider getting a tablet and trading the Droid X for a regular flip phone. But even that doesn't seem ideal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It's not lol, that was my inital post
    12-03-10 05:01 PM
    T mo could play it smart and wait to see what 4G technology prevails, but hspa + has good speeds in limited areas now, but it is a ceiling technology, can't be made any faster. Win max and LTE are floor technologies, and have plenty of room to grow. 4g talks in gigs, not mbps but my numbers are 200 pounds 6 foot 2 and fit as a king. What are your numbers? J/K. Hspa is fast as 4g floor tech, and t mo needed to use current speed comparisons now to claim 4G, because one or two years, and that won't fly. I am sure they are investing and structuring. Meh, they pick on at&t...... They not dare call out verizon sprint rol!
    I would say everyone who says 4g right now is not being honest. That being understood, the Tmo speeds are better than anyone else from what I've read. Maybe Verizon will have good speeds in a year or two or whatever their time line was. I'm not a big corporate cheerleader so I don't care as much. I was just curious if you had any information to share.
    12-03-10 07:24 PM
    I would say everyone who says 4g right now is not being honest. That being understood, the Tmo speeds are better than anyone else from what I've read. Maybe Verizon will have good speeds in a year or two or whatever their time line was. I'm not a big corporate cheerleader so I don't care as much. I was just curious if you had any information to share.
    Only T mo and sprint claim 4g. T mo has great speeds in some areas, but that is all 3g technology. Sprint jumped to fast with the 4g adds, but profited from it greatly. Because t mo is matching sprints speed, they claim that is enough. Maybe that is true, but when verizon flips the switch for LTE, only cards will run computers for now. LTE and wimax will only have 30% 4g hardware implemented, but t mo will have 0. Will maxing 3g be smart while others build on true 4g? I don't know, but it sure is cheaper for t mo. Yes, everyone stretches the truth, but t mo is way beyond stretching it, though they have some sick 3g speeds. Besides, the sheep will believe them
    12-03-10 08:13 PM
    I don't want to regurgitate websites, you can find the information if you look. I extensively read on this topic several times from many sources. I share with you truth friend.
    12-03-10 08:17 PM
    Yes they are all bsing right now saying they have 4G. BUT, HSPA+ is NOT and never will be considered 4G tech. LTE is 4G tech, it just is not running 4G speeds. 4G speeds will come on LTE (advanced)release 2, same with WiMax release 2. As of right now though, the way voice and data are achieved on the LTE network is 4G technology though. HSPA+ will always just continue as part of 3G tech. It may have fast speeds (still not 4G speeds defined by the ITU) but the tech is still on the third generation.

Also, T-Mobile has great speeds, but on average, AT&T beats them overall. T-Mobile isn't telling the truth when they say they have the largest 4G network, when AT&T has the larger version of the same network, has faster speeds and still calls it 3G. With AT&T achieving better speeds on their 3G network it makes T-Mobile look extremely stupid for saying they have 4G.

Another thing, from what I hear, LTE will be able to consistently push out faster speeds regularly, while HSPA+ speeds are theoretical (really haven't seen any reports of people getting 21mbps or even 14mbps all the time on their devices).
    12-04-10 12:30 PM
    Yes they are all bsing right now saying they have 4G. BUT, HSPA+ is NOT and never will be considered 4G tech. LTE is 4G tech, it just is not running 4G speeds. 4G speeds will come on LTE (advanced)release 2, same with WiMax release 2. As of right now though, the way voice and data are achieved on the LTE network is 4G technology though. HSPA+ will always just continue as part of 3G tech. It may have fast speeds (still not 4G speeds defined by the ITU) but the tech is still on the third generation.

Also, T-Mobile has great speeds, but on average, AT&T beats them overall. T-Mobile isn't telling the truth when they say they have the largest 4G network, when AT&T has the larger version of the same network, has faster speeds and still calls it 3G. With AT&T achieving better speeds on their 3G network it makes T-Mobile look extremely stupid for saying they have 4G.

Another thing, from what I hear, LTE will be able to consistently push out faster speeds regularly, while HSPA+ speeds are theoretical (really haven't seen any reports

of people getting 21mbps or even 14mbps all the time on their devices).
    I saved this thread lots of good stuff
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/lte-vzw-189077/
    12-04-10 02:39 PM
    Trendy, did you check your doctors office thread? We are having great fun at your expense
    12-04-10 03:49 PM
    Trendy, did you check your doctors office thread? We are having great fun at your expense
    Really well I am glad I can be of service...lol
    Better take a look see
    12-04-10 03:55 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD