I like the form factor but does the operating system seem more stable than EVO & Epic? Is it the same OS or did they come up with something more stable?
    11-12-10 02:49 PM
    I happened to be in a VZ store today and saw a Moto Pro. It is a nice phone but not a BB.
    The phone did not feel as robust or have the quality build feel as a BB. I think that it will sell well
    For non BB adicts but it misses the mark for Crack Heads.IMHO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-10 04:26 PM
    It looks top heavy IMHO. I'm sure it's a very solid device though. I don't recall seeing any terrible reviews on android devices. BB build quality has been declining over the past few years (c)storm,tour,torch complaints.
    11-12-10 04:39 PM
    Seeing how Consumer Reports rates Motorola as one of the most reliable phone manufactures, I highly doubt the Droid Pro feels cheap or is built to feel cheap.
    11-12-10 04:44 PM
    I happened to be in a VZ store today and saw a Moto Pro. It is a nice phone but not a BB.
    The phone did not feel as robust or have the quality build feel as a BB. I think that it will sell well

You do realize that your "robust" feeling BB's are mostly plastic, right? And Moto's are generally built like tanks.
    11-12-10 04:48 PM
    You do realize that your "robust" feeling BB's are mostly plastic, right? And Moto's are generally built like tanks.
    Yea like the Storm right? With the big glass screen, aluminum battery door and inner casing...
    11-12-10 04:51 PM
    The Droid Pro feels solid and the keyboard is exactly like my Bold's keyboard. I know many of you are dedicated BlackBerry users, I was for years as well. My Motorola Droid 2 honestly does everything better. Like I've said before, everthing that I wished my BlackBerry would do, Android does it. Flat out...
    11-12-10 04:52 PM
    Yea like the Storm right? With the big glass screen, aluminum battery door and inner casing...
    Oh like my flagship 9700 that's mostly plastic, pleather, but does have chrome trim.
    11-12-10 05:04 PM
    Well the keyboard that I used on the Pro felt mushier thasn the Bb. It was not bad just different. It is not exactly like a BB keyboard but not bad either.

The Droid Pro feels solid and the keyboard is exactly like my Bold's keyboard. I know many of you are dedicated BlackBerry users, I was for years as well. My Motorola Droid 2 honestly does everything better. Like I've said before, everthing that I wished my BlackBerry would do, Android does it. Flat out...
    11-12-10 05:19 PM
    Oh like my flagship 9700 that's mostly plastic, pleather, but does have chrome trim.
    hahaha... "flagship" 9700? Really? Maybe come into this decade buddy. The 9700 is old news and no longer relevant, there's bigger and better BB's out now. No matter how much that hurts your ego it's true...
    11-12-10 05:20 PM
    IMHO the PRO is well made just does not feel as solid as a BB.

11-12-10 05:21 PM
    I was looking for more of a WOW when I handled the PRO. As nice as it is I will stay with my trusty Bold and Torch.

11-12-10 05:24 PM
    hahaha... "flagship" 9700? Really? Maybe come into this decade buddy. The 9700 is old news and no longer relevant, there's bigger and better BB's out now. No matter how much that hurts your ego it's true...
    That's one of the reasons this woman doesn't use her 9700 any longer. No ego here.
    11-12-10 05:27 PM
    And those are mostly plastic as well.
    11-12-10 05:41 PM
    I never said that the Pro was cheap or felt cheap. It is a nice phone and will sell well but I don't see hard core BB users moving to the Pro. IMHO
    11-12-10 05:44 PM
    Did the keyboard compare to the Bold 9000 keyboard or the 9700 keyboard? Or somewhere in between (size wise)?
    I have the 9000 now and recently picked up a Captivate...loved Android and the big screen was great but did not like it as a phone. I took it back and got the torch...terrible all around, especially after the captivate. I was hoping for an updated 9000 but this Moto Pro looks like it just what I need.
    11-12-10 06:03 PM
    I never said that the Pro was cheap or felt cheap. It is a nice phone and will sell well but I don't see hard core BB users moving to the Pro. IMHO
    You're probably right about the "hard cores" (that's why their called hard cores. ), but what about those business professionals that aren't married to Blackberry and are going into this purchase completely open-minded. Do you think that they would chose this phone, or say, the 9650?
    11-12-10 06:11 PM
    The keyboard is nice, I liked it. It has a softer feel than the BB and was nice to use. It is about the size of the VZ Bold keyboard. Overall the phone is nice just does not have the BB feel. I guess that I am so used to BB, it is hard to change unless it is exactly like a BB which it is not. The idea is great about the Pro, I just wish that BB would release the Dakota/Magnum or whatever it is. I like the form factor of the Pro but want it to be a BB. I am using a Torch and really really love it, wish it was on VZ. Torch is a great phone, Come on RIM throw us a bone.
    11-12-10 06:28 PM
    Tucker you may be right. This is a worthy phone and will sell well to the masses. I am just a old fart who does not change easily. I likes what I likes.
    11-12-10 06:30 PM
    The keyboard is nice, I liked it. It has a softer feel than the BB and was nice to use. It is about the size of the VZ Bold keyboard. Overall the phone is nice just does not have the BB feel. I guess that I am so used to BB, it is hard to change unless it is exactly like a BB which it is not. The idea is great about the Pro, I just wish that BB would release the Dakota/Magnum or whatever it is. I like the form factor of the Pro but want it to be a BB. I am using a Torch and really really love it, wish it was on VZ. Torch is a great phone, Come on RIM throw us a bone.
    How was the screen, in terms of both responsiveness and visually.
    11-12-10 06:31 PM
    Tucker, that is a tough decision between the Pro and the 9650. If the 9650 had a larger screen and running 6.0 and possibly touch screen like the Torch, they would have a winner like the rumored Dakota/Magnum. The Moto Pro is a nice phone and should do well for business or casual. I just like the BB more.
    11-12-10 06:33 PM
    The screen and browser were fine, no lag or anything. This Pro is a nice phone it does what it claims to do I just prefer the BB. If I had not heard of BB or never used one, I would jump on it because I like the larger screen and keyboard, both of which are very nice.
    11-12-10 06:35 PM
    FjT, the keyboard is somewhere between the 9000 and 9700 like the size of the VZ Bold. It was nice just a little softer feel than the BB. I did like the keyboard. I have owned both Droids and the Droid X and the Desire and for me and the kind of work that I do which is sales, I would get the Pro. Having a BB style keyboard is critical for me. Since I own a Torch and a VZ Bold right now I am not really in the market for anything until the Dakota/Magnum comes out.
    11-12-10 06:41 PM
    Thanks, I was curious because my wife has an upgrade coming in January and I've been telling her about this phone. She has a Curve 8530 now.
    11-12-10 07:17 PM
    This is what I recommend, honestly. You have VZW, you have up to 30 days to use the device and trade it in for something different. It will be a change at first, the one constant in the world is change. You never know until you try...
    11-12-10 07:38 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD