The most important for me is how easy is it to backup the phone (contacts, events, messages) on Android compared to Blackberry?

And for those of you that have switched from a keyboard to a full touchscreen, how was the learning curve for texting? I text a lot due to my girlfriend living in a different state, so I need it to be somewhat easy to navigate.
    Thanks
    05-24-10 09:24 PM
    It sounds like the droid might be a perfect match for you since it has a physical keyboard. If you use gmail you can sync your calendar and contacts very easily. Just go a verizon store and mess with the different devices and go from there. Good Luck.
    05-24-10 10:17 PM
    I should have stated a few other things. After my 7th moto razr I vowed to never own anything motorola ever again. I have played with the moto droid a little and I love the OS, but I hate the feel of it in my hands and the keyboard is next to useless. Most likely that's the blackberry in me. This curve has a great keyboard. The incredible seems like a great phone, however, I've never touched one, and with the back order, I probably won't for awhile

I've been waiting for RIM to release something that appeals to me, but it hasn't come yet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-10 10:35 PM
    Ive been hearing the incredible battery life is getting better, but going from qwerty to full touch keyboard will take some getting used to. The droid at first I hated and now loving it. The keyboard is different and the phone works like it should without problems. It seems like you want the incredible so just give it a try for 30 days and see how you like it.
    05-24-10 10:40 PM
    Just use swype like I just did lol
    05-24-10 11:06 PM
    I was worried about getting used to a virtual keyboard since the physical keyboard of the droid is useless imho, but after a few days I'm cranking out txts and emails faster than I used to on a blackberry. Voice recognition is really good on my droid and you can probably use it to compose almost all of your emails and txt messages if you choose to use that feature.
    05-25-10 12:46 AM
    I second this. Swype keyboard is amazingly fast once you get accustomed to which words the software will and will not recognize. 95% of the words it will recognize, even when you are not accurate in your "swyping" it is skill amazingly accurate.
    05-25-10 03:37 AM
    This is probably a question for a different forum, but are there any android devices rumored to be coming out soon with a physical keyboard that isn't Motorola? lol
    Something tells me with the back order of the Incredible like it is, the QC might be slightly lacking for the near future.
    05-25-10 05:14 PM
    This is probably a question for a different forum, but are there any android devices rumored to be coming out soon with a physical keyboard that isn't Motorola? lol
    Something tells me with the back order of the Incredible like it is, the QC might be slightly lacking for the near future.
    The LG Ally is almost out. Not Motorola, but sure as heck an Android. Its got the same processing power as the HTC Eris, but its very sluggish.
    05-25-10 05:31 PM
    What exactly is this?

05-25-10 05:45 PM
    Just a general question. Do android phones have themes available tp change the look. The UI looks sort of boring by itself.

05-25-10 06:10 PM
    Just a general question. Do android phones have themes available tp change the look. The UI looks sort of boring by itself.

Yes ! Check some of them out themes
    05-25-10 06:19 PM
    Swype is an app that allows you to slide your finger across the virtual keyboard on your android phone and select letters instead of individually pushing each one.

And yes, Androids do have themes that can be downloaded. Search the Android Market and you'll find some.
    05-25-10 06:20 PM
    How about this. Sometimes I plug my berry in and quickly transfer a picture or other file to or from my computer. Is this a quick simple task with Android like it is with Blackberry?
    05-25-10 06:52 PM
    Hmmm, sounds very cool; happen to have a link for the app?

Swype is an app that allows you to slide your finger across the virtual keyboard on your android phone and select letters instead of individually pushing each one.
    05-25-10 06:59 PM
    Yes ! Check some of them out themes
    Cool! Thanks.

05-25-10 07:18 PM
    Swype is amazing!
    05-25-10 11:10 PM
    Hmmm, sounds very cool; happen to have a link for the app?
    I do not remember where i got my Swype download from, but you can try this: Swype Keyboard for Incredible - xda-developers
    05-26-10 02:14 AM
    Thanks, I will check it out.

Anyone else downloaded a different version or is it all the same?

I do not remember where i got my Swype download from, but you can try this: Swype Keyboard for Incredible - xda-developers
    05-26-10 07:06 AM
    How about this. Sometimes I plug my berry in and quickly transfer a picture or other file to or from my computer. Is this a quick simple task with Android like it is with Blackberry?
    Yes, it will ask you if you if you would like to mount the SD card. Once you say "mount" it opens up like any other mass storage device.
    05-26-10 10:04 AM
    ya i didn't like the keyboard on the droid either XD
    05-26-10 10:59 AM
    Can you sync with Outlook?
    07-20-10 03:25 PM
    I ended up going with a Droid X. My vow to never own a full touchscreen device or something from motorola, has been shattered. So far I like it
    07-20-10 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD