PingChat! 2.0 - Instant messaging used by millions.

Looks/feels/acts just like a BBM

and with them having a Blackberry Application you can talk to your RIM and Apple buddies
    Last edited by mjneid; 08-13-10 at 01:00 PM.
    08-13-10 12:58 PM
    sweet!!!!!!
    08-13-10 01:08 PM
    I've got my wife on it, I'm on it, and i got one other Crackberrian using it/ on a Crackenberry/... i'm testing it out now

my user name is the same as my screen name on here, if anyone wants to talk
    08-13-10 01:11 PM
    How is PingChat compared to Google Talk?
    08-13-10 01:40 PM
    it has forced closed on me a couple times. it does have file transfer which is nice but i still prefer Gtalk since most people already have that for all platforms.
    08-13-10 01:57 PM
    Hmm seems like fun. Only thing is I have 3 other chat applications.
    08-13-10 05:07 PM
    Hey hit me up kc2kuy
    12-01-10 08:08 AM
    I like liveprofile better than pimpchat, but it is still beta and needs some work. I think ultimately it has potential to be the better client though...
    12-01-10 09:28 AM
    I think with certain IM apps, battery drain is an issue. That's why I like LiveProfile/Google Talk. The only problem for me is, getting people on those. Many of my friends are koobface users, for the most part. Has anyone tested, or used, the AIM client with facebook chat with any success in terms of battery drain?
    12-01-10 10:26 AM
    I really don't understand the whole demand for a cross smartphone chat client when there are already numerous alternatives that are much much better and already work. I prefer the likes of gTalk, AIM, Yahoo, Jabber etc...

Why? Because all these new so-called "Cross Platform" services are not really cross platform. They're all "Cross Smartphone". Cross Platform (IMHO) would entail not just Smartphones, but tablets, desktops, pc's, mac, linux, and even gaming consoles. That's why I prefer the old tried and true IM services like gTalk, AIM, MSN, and Yahoo. They have all the features of BBM (excluding read notifications, but I find that a bonus as I prefer my privacy and don't feel senders have a right to know when I've read what they sent), and if I'm at my computer I don't have to go to my phone to fire off a couple quick messages.

There are now a few multi IM clients available that utilize push, so battery drain issues have been resolved (I prefer Trillian myself). As well, with a multi IM client, chances are pretty good that anybody I wish to add already uses one of the services supported; so the need to have them (or me) install or register for a new service is thankfully avoided.

I especially like support for Jabber, as it can be utilized in closed corporate servers.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 12-01-10 at 10:59 AM.
    howarmat likes this.
    12-01-10 10:54 AM
    I really don't understand the whole demand for a cross smartphone chat client when there are already numerous alternatives that are much much better and already work. I prefer the likes of gTalk, AIM, Yahoo, Jabber etc...

Why? Because all these new so-called "Cross Platform" services are not really cross platform. They're all "Cross Smartphone". Cross Platform (IMHO) would entail not just Smartphones, but tablets, desktops, pc's, mac, linux, and even gaming consoles. That's why I prefer the old tried and true IM services like gTalk, AIM, MSN, and Yahoo. They have all the features of BBM (excluding read notifications, but I find that a bonus as I prefer my privacy and don't feel senders have a right to know when I've read what they sent), and if I'm at my computer I don't have to go to my phone to fire off a couple quick messages.

There are now a few multi IM clients available that utilize push, so battery drain issues have been resolved (I prefer Trillian myself). As well, with a multi IM client, chances are pretty good that anybody I wish to add already uses one of the services supported; so the need to have them install or register for a new service is thankfully avoided.

I especially like support for Jabber, as it can be utilized in closed corporate servers.
    Thanks, rmjones (since the thanking function on the forums is acting quirky).
    12-01-10 10:58 AM
    Really like this app. im on a BB. add me kg.idowu
    12-14-10 08:24 AM
    Sorry to ruin the party BUT.......Pingchat isn't anything like BBM. I have it on my fascinate and you can't even send a simple video. I had BBM on my storm and storm2 and it's by far the best messaging app for any smartphone. There is not one messaging app on the market that even comes close, if there is please let me know. Its one of the few things i do miss from Blackberry.
    12-14-10 02:50 PM
    i dont have a bb contract so no wifi when i disconnect from wifi will i sign out or stay signed on because i dont want to run up a big bill because of it.
    12-14-10 03:20 PM
    Sorry to ruin the party BUT.......Pingchat isn't anything like BBM. I have it on my fascinate and you can't even send a simple video. I had BBM on my storm and storm2 and it's by far the best messaging app for any smartphone. There is not one messaging app on the market that even comes close, if there is please let me know. Its one of the few things i do miss from Blackberry.
    I've successfully received large files (10mb mp3s for example) from PC, and BB to my Android through Yahoo Messenger. I was only able to send about 600kb files or less from my Android to anything. Everyone try it and report it as a glitch to Yahoo and maybe they'll fix the limitation.
    12-14-10 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD