I did love Disco and Police LED alerts!
    04-05-11 07:51 AM
    The Motorola Atrix has an LED and you can change it to different colors with the app LightFlow.
    04-05-11 08:47 AM
    The lack of a good LED notification is keeping me away from an android pickup and my continued failed ownership of my storm.

The lack of a mirror-mounted blinker is keeping me from picking up that new G35 and my continued failed ownership of my 1989 Hyundai.

Whatever you have to keep telling yourself....
    04-05-11 09:16 AM
    When I had the Samsung Vibrant, I used the No LED app & it was great. In the 3 months I had that phone, the developers of No LED were constantly changing & improving it. When I got my MT4G, I was just happy to have an actual LED notifier again, even thought it was pretty weak. I'm tempted to download No LED again & disable my regular LED notifications. In fact...yes...I'll do that right now.

Would I love to have an LED notification as powerful as the BB along w/ BeBuzz? Abso-friggin-lutely. Is it an Android dealbreaker for me? Abso-friggin-lutely not.
    04-05-11 09:46 AM
    After a year on Android having come from BB for years, I still miss the beacon of light, but the pull down panel has more than satisfied me. My device is never more than 2 feet from me anyhow, so I rarely miss a notification vibration or sound anyhow.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-05-11 03:00 PM
    After a year on Android having come from BB for years, I still miss the beacon of light, but the pull down panel has more than satisfied me. My device is never more than 2 feet from me anyhow, so I rarely miss a notification vibration or sound anyhow.
    I'm the exact same way about always having my phone near me. It's funny the things we get used to, though! And I agree about the notification drawer. That thing is simply genius.
    04-05-11 03:10 PM
    Agree with you guys! Like I said above, I checked my phone every time my Blackberry LED lit because the LED blinking would sit there and keep blinking if I didn't!

The pull down notification tray is a great idea and makes it easy to access all new messages.

I have my tbolt LED off now because I much rather check my messages when I want to read them and not just because I want to stop the light.
    04-05-11 04:51 PM
    The Incredible does have LED but I haven't found an app that works on it to change the color. I did have berrybuzz when I had a BB and I miss that function. But still love my Incredible. Maybe an app developer will make an app for Android.........sure would be nice if they did.
    04-09-11 04:44 PM
    The Incredible does have LED but I haven't found an app that works on it to change the color. I did have berrybuzz when I had a BB and I miss that function. But still love my Incredible. Maybe an app developer will make an app for Android.........sure would be nice if they did.
    Handcent SMS has the ability to change the colors for you notifications
    04-09-11 05:03 PM
    The Droid Pro doesn't have an LED light? I was sure all Moto device did. At least the rest of their Droid lineup does.
    04-09-11 05:04 PM
    LED me Know works on some android devices, not all of them. I know it worked for my Droid X and Droid Inc, but will not on the TB.

Id say 90% of the android phones out there have LED notifications ..
    04-09-11 05:08 PM
    The Droid Pro doesn't have an LED light? I was sure all Moto device did. At least the rest of their Droid lineup does.

The Pro does have a notification light.
    04-09-11 05:09 PM
    The Pro does have a notification light.
    Ok. Then unless he is using a different Android device than the one listed in his info, I don't understand the post.
    04-09-11 05:28 PM
    I think the only android phones that does not have a led notification light are the Samsung ones

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
    04-09-11 05:50 PM
    ^^ The only high end Android devices that don't have a LED light. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of low end to mid-range Android devices that have no LED light.
    04-09-11 05:52 PM
    Ok. Then unless he is using a different Android device than the one listed in his info, I don't understand the post.

I dont know, lol . I was just answering the question, haha.
    04-09-11 08:25 PM
    i wonder why there isnt one on the Thunderbolt
    06-03-11 06:16 PM
    i wonder why there isnt one on the Thunderbolt
    There is. Its under the speaker grille. Actually not bad for an android led, but certainly not a beacon like a bb.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk
    philphan89 likes this.
    06-03-11 06:21 PM
    There is one on the thunderbolt, it's just single color, hard to see, and only works sometimes...
    philphan89 likes this.
    06-03-11 06:21 PM
    thanks guys i called verizon they told me no
    06-04-11 07:06 PM
    That was your first mistake. Calling a vzw rep can get you very good or very bad information. Never take what they say regarding specs or troubleshooting as the final word.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk
    06-05-11 09:56 AM
    Just shows you how much a Verizon rep knows about your device. It's the blind leading the blind, the last people you should go for information is your cellular providers customer service.
    06-05-11 01:07 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD