So I read this forum and gave it a shot, and whamo! my phone is back to being the amazingly fast phone I came to love on day one. Give it a shot and let me know if you have a similar experience. Good Luck!

Task killer apps " THE TRUTH" - Android Forums
    11-21-09 10:13 AM
    I uninstalled it a while back.....reinstalled to check performance change.

I highly recommend anybody using it to uninstall it. It caused my phone to lock up once and it does suck down battery.

Android is not like windows or a blackberry. It needs to be left alone to run itself. Those days of OCD to keep the phone running fast are a thing of the past.

Just another reason that I love Android.
    11-21-09 11:16 AM
    Agreed.

I was using TasKiller for a day and just uninstalled it after reading a few threads. It is faster now though I did not notice the reduction in speed immediately.... once uninstalled it was very apparent.
    11-21-09 11:19 AM
    If you uninstall a task killer, you need to reboot the phone for the uninstall to take effect. If you remove it then don't reboot, your phone will run like shyte until the reboot.
    11-21-09 11:45 AM
    Yep. I took off advanced task killer on mine as well. Kujo has performed very well now.
    11-21-09 01:57 PM
    amazing but true, it also made my phone faster when removed
    11-21-09 02:11 PM
    First off, LMAO @Kujo

Everyone here is correct, but

Grab a task killer that doesn't run at start up. There are times when you may want to kill a particular task....example
    You update your location in your twitter client. The phone is going to open maps and navigation, because it needs functions that they provide. After you've updated you location, you plan on just sitting and playing robo defense or surfing the web. No need to keep maps and gnav running. Yes the OS will kill them when it needs memory, but in this type of situation I like to kill them off so i can instantly have the memory back, just in case.

Other situations where it could be handy is when dealing with apps that arent quite 2.0 ready yet.
    11-21-09 02:20 PM
    good luck with them gbhil : )

I say ef those things.....
    11-21-09 02:28 PM
    Okay, took mine off! Thanks for the tip everyone.
    11-21-09 03:43 PM
    Task killer has not lagged on my Droid.. you sure it is not other apps
    11-21-09 03:44 PM
    My phone hasn't lagged since I added it but I'm going to try it and see if there's a difference. Do want to say that VZW is telling reps to offer Advanced Task killer to stop the complaints about the battery issue. I'm going to try though and see if there's a difference....Thanks for the info!!!!
    11-22-09 03:12 PM
    even if you dont have the task killer running it still slows down the phone?
    11-22-09 03:35 PM
    it varies phone to phone what works on the droid might not work on others i have used my internet on my phone all day and it only used 30% of battery usually would use over 60% has been good so far. no lag here
    11-22-09 05:58 PM
    I have taskpanel which lets you select what you want to kill and it doesn't run at startup.

First off, LMAO @Kujo

Everyone here is correct, but

Grab a task killer that doesn't run at start up. There are times when you may want to kill a particular task....example
    You update your location in your twitter client. The phone is going to open maps and navigation, because it needs functions that they provide. After you've updated you location, you plan on just sitting and playing robo defense or surfing the web. No need to keep maps and gnav running. Yes the OS will kill them when it needs memory, but in this type of situation I like to kill them off so i can instantly have the memory back, just in case.

Other situations where it could be handy is when dealing with apps that arent quite 2.0 ready yet.
    11-22-09 07:33 PM
    I took the task killer off after the 2nd day, I've installed and uninstalled tons of apps, played with the phone non-stop and haven't noticed a bit of slow down. The last time I reset it was over a week ago and it still runs smooth.

This isn't to bash the storm, becouse I like it but i would have had to pull the battery about 50 times with all the app installs and uninstalls i've done. This phone just runs GOOD!
    11-22-09 09:50 PM
    When I had storm I would never make it one day w out rest
    arting. Droid rocks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 10:00 PM
    Same here, I usually rebooted it 2-3 times daily.
    11-24-09 04:45 PM
    No task manager for me.......seems it would require me micro managing something that this phone already does well. I have seen this thread topic on other forums, in fact CK stated this awhile ago at another site. Thanks, but no thanks.
    11-25-09 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD