I pre-ordered my pebble blue Samsung Galaxy S3 on June 6th. As of today, it is in progress with shipment on or before June 21st. Mine is being shipped to the store. I have a contact at the store. I sent him a text last night. He said that he would take a look and let me know today.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    06-16-12 06:24 AM
    I'm considering a Pebble Blue GS3. But I think I will wait awhile to see how it fares and hopefully get some sign of the BB10 phones. The GS3 seems to be an impressive phone.
    06-16-12 11:13 AM
    While you are waiting, do some research. Even though I have had six berries since 2006, review and comparison videos on Phone Arena and Android Authority were more than enough to attract my attention and for me to take a leap of faith with a new OS platform. I also looked at the HOX but the UX platform on the GS3 seemed to emphasize the user experience more for me as I am not interested in rooting my phone that much.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    06-16-12 11:24 AM
    While you are waiting, do some research. Even though I have had six berries since 2006, review and comparison videos on Phone Arena and Android Authority were more than enough to attract my attention and for me to take a leap of faith with a new OS platform. I also looked at the HOX but the UX platform on the GS3 seemed to emphasize the user experience more for me as I am not interested in rooting my phone that much.
    Same for me about rooting. Whatever I buy will be replacing a stock, non-jail-broken iPhone 4 which I used as a safe and reliable emergency device. I never needed to jailbreak it or change it because its sole purpose was for reliable and trustworthy communication. The same will apply to its successor. I will have no interest in rooting the GS3 or BB10 device, whichever one I choose. But I do want it to be an amazing and futuristic device. I need for its system to evolve and remain fresh. The reason I finally abandoned Apple was because they seem to refuse to evolve their systems. iOS1 all the way through iOS5 are nearly identical and the same old tired thing. And with the announcement of iOS 6 being a continuation of the past 5 years of iOS finally broke me. I sold my iPhone 4 to replace it with something better. Whether that's Android or BB10, time will tell.

I already have several Android devices, including an HTC Sensation XL with ICS 4.0.3 and love it. I have an HTC Inspire 4G with Android 2.3 and love it. My latest Android acquisition comes in the form of an ASUS Transformer 300 tablet with Android 4.0.4 and, though buggy, is outstanding. I see continued upgrading and refreshing with Android as opposed to the static iOS system. I have a BB Playbook, which I love, that has improved since I first acquired one; it hasn't remained static. And with BB10 set to be released for it later this year, RIM deserves genuine consideration for any future purchases. There are rumors of advanced and useful features in BB10 that hold a person's interest for convenience, though the SGS3 has some very interesting ideas included. The "S-Voice" and "S-Beam" are quite intriguing.
    06-16-12 02:19 PM
    its plenty advantages to rooting and it truthfully only takes bout 3 min to complete and one of my main reasons was for free hot spot tethering ,removal of any sprint apps and overclocking the advantages outweigh the risks IMHO

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk 2
    06-20-12 09:47 AM
    its plenty advantages to rooting and it truthfully only takes bout 3 min to complete and one of my main reasons was for free hot spot tethering ,removal of any sprint apps and overclocking the advantages outweigh the risks IMHO

No advantage for me, I already have a phone I use for tethering. Though it isn't LTE, it's a quasi-4G (3.5G) and its data throughput is faster than my 3MB home DSL. If a person already has a device dedicated to wifi tethering, no need to add anymore devices, so rooting for that purpose isn't useful. The only other reasons I would want root is to be able to use Titanium backup so I can save app data and game progresses and have screenshot functionality. However, my new ASUS Transformer TF300 tablet came with an app that takes care of the data saving. The app saves app and game data. I can simply install that app onto any Android device I have and use it to save data. And most new phones provide stock screenshot functionality...Samsungs and late model HTCs do.

And after what I just went through with my Sensation XL, I'm inclined to never root another device. I had a really hard time trying to find a useable custom ROM for it. Each and every ROM I tried...from different devs...had something wrong with it. The first couple, the wifi wouldn't work. The second one, had many forced closes. The third one, the data wouldn't work. And so on for the rest. I could find only one custom ROM that provided acceptable usage. To me, it was a nightmare, considering I was trying to use my Sensation XL as a reliable phone replacing my iPhone 4, which I just sold recently. I was on the verge of giving up and writing off my Sensation XL as trashed. Thankfully I did find that one and only ROM in a boatload of pure crap ROMs that works. I tell ya, some of those devs think they are hot stuff; they think they have real skill. Not by my experience! The only skill they have is managing not to realize how skill-less they are.

Rooting has some real and serious concerns and I experienced them. If a device is locked and monkey-proof, no problems. It might get boring, but it will remain usable.
    06-20-12 12:30 PM
    I am rooted and have a very good custom ics rom actually with power toggles in the notification bar battery saving options and over and underclocking capabilities

06-20-12 12:54 PM
    I am rooted and have a very good custom ics rom actually with power toggles in the notification bar battery saving options and over and underclocking capabilities Click to view quoted image

Same for my Inspire 4G. I'm currently using a Sense 3 ROM on it that is stellar. My HD2s have seen many, many sweet custom ROMs. My Sensation XL appears to finally have a stable and usable custom ROM. But if it had never been rooted, I never would have suffered the anxiety over what screwed it up needing a reflashed ROM. Several times during my stressful time trying to get my XL going again I told myself, "I should have left well enough alone". There are devices that are more supported than other devices...the more popular devices have much better ROM choices. But the Sensation XL isn't one of the popular choices and currently has nothing but pure junk for choices of custom ROMs...with the exception of the last one I finally found. And it really isn't a custom ROM. It's actually a stock ROM cooked to flash via CWM. The rest of the choices, the devs have monkeyed with and screwed up so that there is at least one issue making it unusable.

Unless there are high-profile devs cooking ROMs, the only viable option is the manufacturer's ROM. And for unpopular phones, they don't usually get the high-profile devs.
    06-20-12 04:37 PM
    I received my pebble blue GS3 on June 21st and have not regretted the transition to Android. I do miss my LED custom notifications. After nearly two weeks, I don't really miss the physical keyboard. The 4.8 inch screen in landscape mode is just right for typing and I love swype.
    07-04-12 09:51 PM
    I received my pebble blue GS3 on June 21st and have not regretted the transition to Android. I do miss my LED custom notifications. After nearly two weeks, I don't really miss the physical keyboard. The 4.8 inch screen in landscape mode is just right for typing and I love swype.
    Miss led custom notifications? I thought that android was much more customizable than bb out of the box. Am I missing something? Getting ready to jump and want to make sure that I do my research. Never owned an android phone and already having difficulty pulling the trigger.
    07-04-12 10:52 PM
    There are a number of LED notification apps in the Play Store. I am waiting for lightflow which is similar to BeBuzz to be made available for the GS3. The GS3 has different LED notifications for battery charging and missed events like email and SMS. Never hurts to do research but actual hands-on experience is best. There are a number of GS3 videos on Android Central, Android Authority, Phone Arena and Phonedog. The consensus is that the GS3 is a cut above the rest.
    07-04-12 10:58 PM
    The 2GBs of ram is beastly! All activations are a breeze on this device.

This device may actually get me to use Android on a constant basis.
    07-04-12 11:14 PM
    1.5Ghz processor, Smart Stay and a pretty snappy stock browser are pretty nice. I also like the Flipboard app which combines Facebook and Twitter with other new and sports links. I have not tried the FB and Twitter apps in the Play Store.
    07-05-12 06:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD