My ATT contract is up, I've had ATT for my entire cellphone owning life and all 3 versions of the iphone (included a 3 months stint with Bold9000)

Basically, I'm not that impressed with the new iphone so I'm REALLY considering a switch. Not something I have to do, but I'm in a position to consider it..so i owe it to myself to do so.

If you've made the switch what are the pros and cons of doing so (other than Verizon vs ATT), I'm simply curious about the devices and OS?

From what I've read iTunes is one of the biggest cons, I'm a heavy iTunes (and mac for that matter) user but have seen information on programs such as doubletwist that claim to sync androids with itunes, how well do these work? I'm not worried about the songs being locked to iTunes, just overall compatibility.
    I'm big on having my phone has an all-in-one device, like many people are. I dont want to have to carry and iPod also....My biggest issue with the bold was its LACK of itunes/mac support and syncing. I understand the droid isnt an iPod but as long as the solution is manageable I'm willing to make the switch.

I'm honestly not dying to get away from ATT like most people are but I do think VZ will have better service in some areas around here (DC/MD/VA)

I'm considering buying a used Droid and keeping my upgrade discount until the droid 2 (or something better) comes out. Thoughts?
    06-10-10 12:41 PM
    I was never with ATT for personal use but I was a religious Apple product user (3 iPods, 2 iPod Touches, and a MacBook). With that said I ditched all my Ipod's and only need to carry around my HTC Incredible now. You can sync your phone with iTunes through a few programs. I did this with my Droid, and there are a few different programs out there that can do this.

Another option is to simply drag and drop the music onto the SD Card.

And a 3rd option with any Android device is to download Music Junk, or a torrent app and download whatever music you want right to your phone. This is great for when you are out and about and hear a song you want. Simply open it up and download straight to your phone.
    06-10-10 01:21 PM
    DoubleTwist will sync any device to and the app with then allow you to sync from there.

If you want to go wireless, you can FTP into your phone and drag and drop that way.
    06-10-10 01:31 PM
    I used the drag and drop method for both my Storm and Eris to get music from iTunes. Just insert your sd card in your pc and open iTunes.

Worked very well .. easy and quick
    06-15-10 02:23 AM
    You can also try a new app which is in beta from Jam11 which allows you to stream your iTunes music directly to your Android or Blackberry devices. No need to sync, just play and enjoy.
    06-16-10 12:59 AM
    What programs will let me put my iTunes music on a Droid? Is DoubleTwist the only one?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-10 08:53 PM
    What programs will let me put my iTunes music on a Droid? Is DoubleTwist the only one?

Pretty much any media sync besides iTunes. Windows Media Player syncs very well in my experience.
    06-16-10 11:15 PM
    Pretty much any media sync besides iTunes. Windows Media Player syncs very well in my experience.
    Will Windows Media Player sync iTunes songs and videos?

06-17-10 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD