I haven't been a BB user very long and I have come to LOVE everything about my Tour, with the exception of the problems I had during the first batch (3 of them to be exact) and my current one (my 4th which has that damn screen ripple!). But after looking around online at MOTO's Droid, it has me curious. It seems like it does all the right things that the Tour does not, and the fact that RIM is releasing a Tour2 so soon says something right there. Is the Droid even worth switching to? As they say, the grass is always greener...
    10-28-09 10:52 AM
    i read an article where they were talking about android on netbooks. the best quote was something along the lines of "it is barely able to run a phone, what are they thinking".
    10-28-09 10:59 AM
    and next summer is not around the corner for the Tour2.
    10-28-09 11:01 AM
    and next summer is not around the corner for the Tour2.
    You did not read the front page of Crackberry today, Did you?
    Summer? Where did you get your info from?
    10-28-09 11:26 AM
    I have been thinking the same thing. Im on my 3rd Tour and my trackball is broken, yet again. I was thinking of waiting for the release of the droid in Nov and ask to switch.
    10-28-09 11:27 AM
    My tour has been great but I am intrigued by the Android phones. For now I am very satisfied with my Tour so I will take a wait and see approach with the Droids, if they are all they are cracked up to be, I may switch down the road.
    10-28-09 12:03 PM
    I had a Curve on Sprint and switched to the Hero. I lasted about a week before trading that in for a new Tour. Forgetting the really bad battery life and the fixes that didn't quite work, Android just isn't ready for wide use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 01:51 PM
    I have been a BB user (dare I say fanboy) for close to ten years. But this Tour has made me rethink my position. The released OS is junk, lack of WiFi and only 3.2MP camera. BB has yet to release a phone with keyboard and touchscreen, the memory on any of them is laughable, Web Browser is a joke rooted in technology from ten years ago and the boot times are unacceptable. Now I am sure I will get flamed by those still addicted to the RIM kool-aid, but I have my eyes open. BB can get me back, but by the next time I buy a phone in a year, they have a lot of work to do.

-frank
    10-28-09 03:30 PM
    The Droid is extremely tempting. To be honest, if I could upgrade this very moment, you bet your bottom dollar that I would have a Droid in my hands. Free turn-by-turn navigation? 5 MP camera? 3.7" screen? That sounds amazing. The Droid is so much more feature-packed than the Tour. Couple the Droid with the news that the Tour 2 could be coming out as early as the holidays, and I am one un-happy customer. I am on my third (and final) Tour which has a horrendous screen ripple. This was my first BlackBerry and I gotta say, it has left a sour taste in my mouth thus far. Unfortunately now I have no other choice to stick it out with the Tour.
    10-28-09 03:37 PM
    I'm on my 6th or so Tour(lost count). I've had 4 or so that had the trackball die, one keyboard go out, and one speaker blow. Now the headphone jack on my latest is iffy and bluetooth is horrible. I came to Blackberry from PalmOS only because my Treo was dying(after 2 years with no problems/replacements) and I didn't want WinMo so the Tour was really my only option on Verizon. After all the replacements and now the Tour2 coming out already I really am not happy with RIM/Blackberry. I've tried OS 5 and it's ok but still pretty much the same with a new wrapper. Next week I'll be going to my verizon store and seeing if I can get a Droid on a multi-fru swap. I'm over BB.
    10-28-09 03:53 PM
    I'm on my 6th or so Tour(lost count). I've had 4 or so that had the trackball die, one keyboard go out, and one speaker blow. Now the headphone jack on my latest is iffy and bluetooth is horrible. I came to Blackberry from PalmOS only because my Treo was dying(after 2 years with no problems/replacements) and I didn't want WinMo so the Tour was really my only option on Verizon. After all the replacements and now the Tour2 coming out already I really am not happy with RIM/Blackberry. I've tried OS 5 and it's ok but still pretty much the same with a new wrapper. Next week I'll be going to my verizon store and seeing if I can get a Droid on a multi-fru swap. I'm over BB.
    Are you over the 30-day period? Would Verizon ever allow that to happen if you are out of the 30-day period?
    10-28-09 03:59 PM
    Are you over the 30-day period? Would Verizon ever allow that to happen if you are out of the 30-day period?
    Yeah I'm over 30 days. I got mine 7/15. If you have excessive problems with a phone(multiple warranty exchanges) you MAY be eligible to swap out to a different model. It's up the the CSR's discretion but I've found if you ask nicely they are usually pretty willing to help. It also helps if you're on a higher monthly plan.
    10-28-09 04:10 PM
    i'd say its worth the upgrade.
    10-28-09 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD