hi,
    My company currently uses BB((non-BES) for all of our employees. We utilize the calendar extensively including inviting attendees to appointments. We also send address book entries frequently to our employees through BB messenger.

I'm considering switching from BB curve 8330m to an HTC Evo 4G (other employees will still have their BB's)and have a few q's:

Regarding contacts currently on my BB, can I

1. I currently have about 600 address book entries with extensive notes. Can I export them easily to the 4g? How is this accomplished?

2. Once I start using the Evo 4G, can I send contacts easily to our BB users? Can the BB users send contacts to me?

Regarding Calendar, can I
    3. set up appointments(on the Evo 4g) AND invite attendees(who use BB) easily?
    4. Can the appointments be updated(date/time change,etc) by me(or the BB users) seamlessly?
    5. Does a good calendar app come with the 4g or will I have to download/ purchase one to do what I need?

Thanks in advance for your replies
    06-23-10 10:05 AM
    All depends on the email system you are using, how are you exchanging calendar appointments with the BlackBerry? and how are you currently exchanging contact info with your BB's ??

To export your contacts to Android device (in this case the EVO) would be to setup a gmail account on you BB's BIS and sync contacts with that Gmail account BUT you need to do this before your BlackBerry is de-activated and switched to the EVO since you need data service on you BB to get the contacts up there.

Once they are in Gmail, you will have problem sending them down to you EVO but beware as once you add the first gmail account to your EVO, you can't remove it without resetting to factory and clearing everything out. The same process can be used to take your calendar items over to EVO by using Gmail.
    06-23-10 11:34 AM
    I am also considering moving from BB 9700 to Evo 4g. Does it really do voice to text, email, and navigation? I am really excited about this phone and hate to leave Blackberry. I have been with BB since day 1! Any other reasons to go this direction?
    09-20-10 11:34 AM
    heres a good thread to read on everything about the evo 4g

http://www.androidcentral.com/evo-4g
    09-20-10 02:21 PM
    I am also considering moving from BB 9700 to Evo 4g. Does it really do voice to text, email, and navigation? I am really excited about this phone and hate to leave Blackberry. I have been with BB since day 1! Any other reasons to go this direction?
    Yes, Google has Voice to email, Voice to SMS, Voice Navigation, Voice to web all built into the device w/ native functions.

you can read more about it here

Voice Actions for Android

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-10 02:35 PM
    I had also left bb to get the EVO. And it does all of the things that the OP asked. The EVO to me is the best all-around device on the planet, but I am still going back to my bb tomorrow. I couldn't last more than two months with it. I don't see how anyone uses it for business. My phone died on me midway through my work day unless I had it plugged in to a charger. Sometimes I was able to keep it plugged in, but on the days I couldn't, my phone was useless by 1pm. Typing on the EVO was a little frustrating as well. To be able to type accurately, I used the compact qwerty keyboard. But it lagged a lot and made mistakes in the process. It was also more difficult than I liked to go back and make corrections. The voice functions were nice, if the transcription was accurate. If not, it was a pain to continually correct. I know that I wasn't using my EVO to its full potential, its probably why I had to let it go. A bright spot to my situation is that I sold my EVO and made enough cash to buy a flat screen tv!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-10 02:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD