I need to figure out which way to go in terms of a phone.

Of course, the choices of an Incredible, Droid or Ally are running through my mind, and I can't decide what.

-The Incredible is fast and has the best camera available on the market

-The Droid has a solid build, dual processors and the slide out QWERTY keyboard.

-The Ally has the slide out QWERTY keyboard, a build similar to the enV Touch, and probably has a better battery than the others.

What should I do?
    05-15-10 01:13 PM
    How's Sprint in your area, specifically WiMax coverage?
    05-15-10 01:15 PM
    Right now not the best. Its 3G, but spotty 3G. I'd much rather have 3G all over.
    05-15-10 01:19 PM
    I need to figure out which way to go in terms of a phone.

Of course, the choices of an Incredible, Droid or Ally are running through my mind, and I can't decide what.

-The Incredible is fast and has the best camera available on the market

-The Droid has a solid build, dual processors and the slide out QWERTY keyboard.

-The Ally has the slide out QWERTY keyboard, a build similar to the enV Touch, and probably has a better battery than the others.

What should I do?
    Picking can be rather tough. Personally, I still love my Droid. If you root it and overclock it, you will see, it can be faaaaasssstttt

Also, the QWERTY slideout is amazing for typing email responses, fast conversations on gtalk, and many other things. Personally, I put that thing through a heck of a workout everyday!

The battery on my Droid gets me through the whole day, with rather heavy use, and what more do you need? Charging the device @ night is so easy, that there is really no need for the battery to last more then the full length of the day. And my days start at 540am and end at like close to midnight, so nearly a full day.
    05-15-10 01:19 PM
    I've had thoughts about overclocking the Droid if I got one. What have you seen in a speed increase since you rooted and overclocked it?
    05-15-10 01:26 PM
    Honestly, the increase is rather noticeable once you hit like 800 - 1ghz. The transitions are snappier, the screen motion smoother, internets faster, overall just EXTREMELY responsive.

I really like my Droid, and didnt even think twice once the Incredible came out. I am sticking to the Droid personally.
    05-15-10 01:31 PM
    Sounds good there. Now to get the money together and get the phone, as well as figure out where to get the rooting software.
    05-15-10 01:33 PM
    Once you get the device, dont worry, the stuff is readily available, if you have any problems, ill be around to help you!!!
    05-15-10 01:35 PM
    I've had thoughts about overclocking the Droid if I got one. What have you seen in a speed increase since you rooted and overclocked it?
    This is what gets me, the droid and incredible both have great speeds, and yet u need it to be faster??

That's why its good to be content in life. What u need to overlock for? I figure if u have to do foreign things to something that is already good, y get it. But that's ur money.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 01:49 PM
    This is what gets me, the droid and incredible both have great speeds, and yet u need it to be faster??

That's why its good to be content in life. What u need to overlock for? I figure if u have to do foreign things to something that is already good, y get it. But that's ur money.

The Droid is capable of these speeds, but comes clocked at 550, which is limited in comparison to what it is able to do. People want to unleash its full power, which is why they root and over clock
    05-15-10 01:53 PM

There is a huge difference in browser speeds and OS responsiveness between the stock 550Mhz and overclocked to 800Mhz.
    05-15-10 02:08 PM
    Thats the big thing I'm looking for. Not having the capability to run certain apps on my G1 is killing me, and being able to overclock is going to rock my world.
    05-15-10 02:27 PM
    I hear you folks, but sheeesh. And thanks for not taking offence. I could of left the" being content in life" out, but u guys got the point. But I still apologye (sammy sosa verison)

05-15-10 03:14 PM
    I hear you folks, but sheeesh. And thanks for not taking offence. I could of left the" being content in life" out, but u guys got the point. But I still apologye (sammy sosa verison)

No worries. I'm an IT major in college, so having a faster phone definitley helps out, especially when tethering when I'm in the field, as well as doing everything else I need to in life.
    05-15-10 03:17 PM
    I see. Cool, good luck switching to VZ. U will njoy

05-15-10 03:36 PM
    Sounds good there. Now to get the money together and get the phone, as well as figure out where to get the rooting software.
    Once you get the Droid, there are many great places with guides abd helpful people. I have had both....currently have the incredible but still love the droid. It is fast and there is nothing better than the root and ability to run custom ROMs!!!

For rooting help...
    V
    V
    V
    05-15-10 05:34 PM
    Once you get the Droid, there are many great places with guides abd helpful people. I have had both....currently have the incredible but still love the droid. It is fast and there is nothing better than the root and ability to run custom ROMs!!!

For rooting help...
    V
    V
    V
    Nice plug for your site right there :P

We all know to keep it in the Smartphone Experts family and to visit AndroidCentral, they even haz link above!!! ^^^
    05-15-10 08:45 PM
    Nice plug for your site right there :P

We all know to keep it in the Smartphone Experts family and to visit AndroidCentral, they even haz link above!!! ^^^
    Everyone has their ways...
    05-17-10 11:11 PM
    Its very simple. If you must have a hardware keyboard, regardless of how crappy it is, then get the Droid. If not, the Incredible is the best Android phone available in the US. The LG? Havent used it. Could be an option, again, if you need a keyboard.
    Last edited by garment69; 05-18-10 at 06:58 AM.
    05-18-10 06:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD