This thread is funny because I'm switching TO the Bold from the EVO tomorrow and one of the main reasons is the email. The EVO is a great phone but I don't care what anyone says, RIM's push technology is the best in the world. I've tried the Pre and the EVO (never used iPhone) and there is no comparison when it comes to email. Also, notifications (ie Facebook and Twitter) are much faster and more reliable on BB.

The EVO does a lot of great things, but at the end of the day, the things I need my device for most (phone calls, messaging and email) are just better on BB. Not to mention when OS6 drops, BB users won't have to worry about crappy internet browsing anymore.
    I will trade you phones. I've played with the Iphone and the Evo. The multi-media is awesome on both. I kind of hated coming back to the Bold, it seems so old and outdated now. I agree, there is nothing wrong with email on either one of those phones. Plus most attachments will open without a lot of hassle. The Bold doesn't have enough screen real estate to make web browsing worth while no matter how OS6 will(???????) be.
    Last edited by grncherry1; 07-20-10 at 12:43 AM.
    07-20-10 12:36 AM
    Those who prioritize screen size will opt for the Storm/9800, not the Bold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 01:55 AM
    I dont text while I'm driving with this phone because it touchscreen. The voice to text works GREAT. And as I said, I texted in my car on my BB because I could type without having to look at the phone. And if you say you've never sent a text while you were driving youre lying.
    Physical keyboard or touchscreen, texting while operating a moving vehicle is extremely dangerous, stupid, unnecessary, and you are selfishly jeopardizing your own safety as well as the safety of every other motorist you are in proximity to. The first fatal crash I investigated was a 23 year old college student texting and blew through a red light. She got t-boned by a Ford F250; killed herself instantly. Absolutely not worth it. No message is that important.

I have never sent a text message while driving. Aside from being against department policy while at work, it is illegal (here) and unsafe (everywhere).
    07-20-10 09:11 AM
    I will trade you phones. I've played with the Iphone and the Evo. The multi-media is awesome on both. I kind of hated coming back to the Bold, it seems so old and outdated now. I agree, there is nothing wrong with email on either one of those phones. Plus most attachments will open without a lot of hassle. The Bold doesn't have enough screen real estate to make web browsing worth while no matter how OS6 will(???????) be.
    I will miss the screen size but I like the BB form factor better.

I've either become addicted to BB after all these years or RIM just does it right, no matter how simple it may seem to some people.
    07-20-10 11:59 AM
    I looked at evo at best buy yesterday, maybe it would have to grow on me, but it felt big and clunky in my hand. reminded me of a videocassette.
    LIKE LIKE LIKE

Very funny.
    07-20-10 02:58 PM
    Enjoy your kick stand
    07-20-10 03:02 PM
    I have both and they're both great but I can see replacing my BB with the Evo completely.

Email used to be BB's biggest selling point but as previously posted, the Evo does email pretty damn well.

Browsing is WAY better on the Evo. Hopefully BB6 will fix browsing on BB.

Phone function is better on the Evo. Call quality is about the same, maybe better on the Evo. Speakerphone is better on the Evo.

Size isn't as much of an issue. The Evo seems big but it's not much bigger than the 9650 in actual use and carry. I loved my KRZR because it was so small but I sacrificed size for functionality with the BB. I don't think I'd go bigger than the Evo as it's pushing the limits.

Battery life isn't bad for me but I haven't really traveled to spotty coveraged areas with it.

BBM is the main reason I've kept the BB but that's becoming less of an issue as my friends are slowly moving away from BB. Rim really needs to release BB6 sooner than later.
    07-20-10 03:03 PM
    OS6 isn't going to change anything regarding your friends, so what difference is it going to make?

07-20-10 03:15 PM
    Physical keyboard or touchscreen, texting while operating a moving vehicle is extremely dangerous, stupid, unnecessary, and you are selfishly jeopardizing your own safety as well as the safety of every other motorist you are in proximity to. The first fatal crash I investigated was a 23 year old college student texting and blew through a red light. She got t-boned by a Ford F250; killed herself instantly. Absolutely not worth it. No message is that important.

I have never sent a text message while driving. Aside from being against department policy while at work, it is illegal (here) and unsafe (everywhere).
    +1 +2 +3

I ride a Wing and I'm always looking in my rear view mirror for that selfish person texting or talking on their cell phone fixing to make me a trunk bug! Even when in my truck, I'm using that time to get away from the phone, however, my truck has the bluetooth interface, so all hands free. Even with the bluetooth, I'm selective with my calls based on traffic. I live in Atlanta, trust me, concentration is a must when driving here.

Like my helmet, law or no law mandating it's use, it's just plain common sense, using a helmet is safer and NOT texting or cell phone use while driving is safer.

WOW! I sound like an old man, duh!
    07-20-10 03:45 PM
    OS6 isn't going to change anything regarding your friends, so what difference is it going to make?

The main reason for the Evo is web browsing while on the road. It's also the main reason most of my friends switched from BB to other devices (mostly android).

+1 +2 +3

I ride a Wing and I'm always looking in my rear view mirror for that selfish person texting or talking on their cell phone fixing to make me a trunk bug! Even when in my truck, I'm using that time to get away from the phone, however, my truck has the bluetooth interface, so all hands free. Even with the bluetooth, I'm selective with my calls based on traffic. I live in Atlanta, trust me, concentration is a must when driving here.

Like my helmet, law or no law mandating it's use, it's just plain common sense, using a helmet is safer and NOT texting or cell phone use while driving is safer.

WOW! I sound like an old man, duh!
    Well, you do ride a Wing

I agree. I have a LiteBlazer rear tail light addition on my KTM 950 Adventure that flashes when I apply my brakes to make me more visible but I still check my 6 at stop lights all the time.

I also wear my helmet all the time regardless of laws.
    07-20-10 03:52 PM
    What a dilemma!! I broke down a month ago and purchased a Nexus One and have been quite happily using it for a month or so. On the N1, if you use gmail it comes thru with a loud notification sound and the trackball lights up like it's Christmas. Any other email, not so much (you have to manually access it).
    Love the screen size, resolution, adaptability of the device.
    So why was I looking longingly @ my small-screened 9700??? Long and short of it, switched my sim back into the 9700 (for a while, anyway).
    And NEVER text and drive. My son does that, HOW STUPID. I don't care how in control you think you are.
    07-20-10 04:21 PM

Well, you do ride a Wing

I agree. I have a LiteBlazer rear tail light addition on my KTM 950 Adventure that flashes when I apply my brakes to make me more visible but I still check my 6 at stop lights all the time.

I also wear my helmet all the time regardless of laws.
    Ok, had that one coming to me.

I have an American Flag, blue and red lights and I pump the break when I see them coming upon me from the rear. The only problem is, they have to be paying attention.

Stay safe.
    07-20-10 04:27 PM

Amen. One hundred percent dead-on right there with you. I don't know how people can still text and drive, seeing how absolutely dangerous and stupid it is. Whatever it is that whoever it is has to say to you, IT CAN WAIT. Nothing is important enough to risk your life and the lives of others.

I'm in my mid-twenties, and a heavy texter/BBMer, but when I am driving, that's just what I'm doing: driving. It takes enough focus to just be a good, defensive driver and deal with the irritating and stupid habits and mistakes of other drivers. Why would I split my focus? That's just asking to get killed.

*gets down off her soapbox*
    07-20-10 04:52 PM
    Exact reason I got rid of my HTC and went to Tour Initialy, couldnt text on the fly on the back roads of Maine, might hit a tree or somethin .....geez!
    07-20-10 05:04 PM
    Hey everyone

Changed to the evo and just had to post this...the last thing I thought the Evo would do better than my bold is...EMAIL. yes email.

Exchange email is so much better than on my bold. It's just like I'm on my Outlook at the office.

I just wanted to post this for anyone who is thinking about a switch to a Droid system and is worried about email. I'm able to manage my Outlook email with far more efficientcy.

Discussion?

I made the switch a few days ago & loving it.
    Email is definitely better then Bold oh & Battery life's = so Ive found.
    I let battery completely drain 2 times to the point were device powered off then charged for 16 hours both times & adjusted a couple settings.
    I'm now good to go Bold like battery performance
    Rooting will improve battery life even more heheh that's a couple weeks down the road for me.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 07-27-10 at 11:44 AM.
    07-27-10 11:40 AM
    I made the switch a few days ago & loving it.
    Email is definitely better then Bold oh & Battery life's = so Ive found.
    I let battery completely drain 2 times to the point were device powered off then charged for 16 hours both times & adjusted a couple settings.
    I'm now good to go Bold like battery performance
    Rooting will improve battery life even more heheh that's a couple weeks down the road for me.
    Still shows your on a 9630.........................
    07-27-10 12:29 PM
    I can't stand those morons who have the need to text while driving. I got rear ended twice already because of people who were on their cell while driving.
    I got rear ended pretty bad one time, by a person who was not texting, just simply not paying attention... I can't stand those morons who drive.
    07-27-10 12:35 PM
    Still shows your on a 9630.........................
    hmm I sold that sucker a couple months ago as you know ,It must be Mr Smith or what ever his name was new owner lol
    The great 9650 of mine could of been resold in Sprint store but I highly doubt seeing that END key was stuck.
    Oh & stop blowing me off in Google talk lol
    07-27-10 12:37 PM
    Android has built in speech recognition. No need to actually text.
    07-27-10 12:59 PM
    I dont text while I'm driving with this phone because it touchscreen. The voice to text works GREAT. And as I said, I texted in my car on my BB because I could type without having to look at the phone. And if you say you've never sent a text while you were driving youre lying.

07-28-10 02:53 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD