Hey everyone

Changed to the evo and just had to post this...the last thing I thought the Evo would do better than my bold is...EMAIL. yes email.

Exchange email is so much better than on my bold. It's just like I'm on my Outlook at the office.

I just wanted to post this for anyone who is thinking about a switch to a Droid system and is worried about email. I'm able to manage my Outlook email with far more efficientcy.

Discussion?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jimmyknuckles32; 07-16-10 at 08:24 PM.
    07-16-10 08:13 PM
    Battery life so far? And how exactly is the email client better than on a BB? You miss the keyboard

07-16-10 08:32 PM
    Good luck with the evo, I'm very satisfied with my Bold. Why is the evo better?

Last edited by princebb; 07-16-10 at 08:34 PM.
    07-16-10 08:32 PM
    Considering that either the people here just got their phones recently (since it hasn't been out long) or they are on VZ, I kinda doubt they didn't go with the EVO just because they were worried...

More like their carrier doesn't offer it anyways or they didn't choose it anyways.
    07-16-10 08:35 PM
    Virtual kb = FAIL for me, and I've tried tons of em. Gotta have the real deal. But enjoy your new device.
    07-16-10 08:51 PM
    For starters, my battery life is about what I got on my bold. I took it off the charger at 7am this morning and still had 50% battery life at 3pm. Made calls, numerous texts and email, not to mention just constantly playing with it. I can type just as fast on this keyboard than the bold (portrait or landscape), I don't miss the bold keyboard, only when driving I guess because I could type on the bold without having to look. but the standard voice to text app is EXCEPTIONAL the evo.

I can access every folder I have in my outlook in a flash. Move emails etc. The exel attachments...I can actually see the whole thing thanks to the large screen. The best way to put it is, like I said, its like having my Outlook on my PC right here on my phone. I can do it all.
    07-16-10 08:52 PM
    Are you in a 4g area?

07-16-10 08:53 PM
    For starters, my battery life is about what I got on my bold. I took it off the charger at 7am this morning and still had 50% battery life at 3pm. Made calls, numerous texts and email, not to mention just constantly playing with it. I can type just as fast on this keyboard than the bold (portrait or landscape), I don't miss the bold keyboard, only when driving I guess because I could type on the bold without having to look. but the standard voice to text app is EXCEPTIONAL the evo.

I can access every folder I have in my outlook in a flash. Move emails etc. The exel attachments...I can actually see the whole thing thanks to the large screen. The best way to put it is, like I said, its like having my Outlook on my PC right here on my phone. I can do it all.
    07-16-10 08:53 PM
    Tried the EVO at the Sprint store in school, looks great but seemed to have touch sensitivity issues and lags a bit, and I can't do virtual keyboards. Typing on it was almost as bad at the HD2.
    07-16-10 08:54 PM
    Are you in a 4g area?

No. I'm not in a 4g area. Still have to pay the $10 for it. However, I do a lot of business in Houston so ill get to try it out when I go next week.

I dont have any lag on typing whatsoever. It keeps up with however fast I can type.
    07-16-10 09:03 PM
    The UI had some lag when I used it in the sprint store also.

07-16-10 11:51 PM
    i don't miss the bold keyboard, only when driving i guess because i could type on the bold without having to look. .
    Stop this NOW!
    07-16-10 11:56 PM
    Stop this NOW!
    Yeah and they say drunk driving is dangerous.....geez!!!!!
    07-17-10 12:04 AM
    I can't stand those morons who have the need to text while driving. I got rear ended twice already because of people who were on their cell while driving.
    07-18-10 07:07 PM
    I can't stand those morons who have the need to text while driving. I got rear ended twice already because of people who were on their cell while driving.
    I dont text while I'm driving with this phone because it touchscreen. The voice to text works GREAT. And as I said, I texted in my car on my BB because I could type without having to look at the phone. And if you say you've never sent a text while you were driving youre lying.
    07-18-10 07:15 PM
    The evo is an amazing cell phone, I have the bold now and love it. I plan on getting the evo as well, the things my bold can't do well the evo can (and vice versa). As of right now no "one" phone can do everything I want, if I had to choose one it would be meh bold (obviously lol).

07-18-10 10:15 PM
    I dont text while I'm driving with this phone because it touchscreen. The voice to text works GREAT. And as I said, I texted in my car on my BB because I could type without having to look at the phone. And if you say you've never sent a text while you were driving youre lying.
    Never once thought about doing that! I happened to witness a horrible car accident while a guy was just talking on his cell phone and ran a red light hitting another car. People who text or talk while holding there phone are seriously playing with fire! No call/text is that important that I'm gonna put my life on the line!

07-19-10 06:55 AM
    I looked at evo at best buy yesterday, maybe it would have to grow on me, but it felt big and clunky in my hand. reminded me of a videocassette.
    07-19-10 07:41 AM
    I looked at evo at best buy yesterday, maybe it would have to grow on me, but it felt big and clunky in my hand. reminded me of a videocassette.
    Ditto for me. The screen res and size is nice and all, but it's reaching the point of diminishing returns. Actually reminded me more of an old TV remote than a videocassette though. The Droid X is even worse; you couldn't pay me enough to have to carry that phone around.
    Last edited by bacon.jay; 07-19-10 at 11:37 AM.
    07-19-10 11:34 AM
    To all you DROID converts.. glad your happy with your new phone.
    There's a forum for you guys called "droidforums". Wouldn't you all be better off hanging out there since you don't even own blackberries?
    07-19-10 12:15 PM
    The UI had some lag when I used it in the sprint store also.

same for me.. Alot of lag and it seemed impossible to navigate on it.
    07-19-10 12:39 PM
    Plus isn't the 4G pretty sparsely spread around. I mean that was it's big selling point. Lots of big cities don't even have it yet. +1 for the droidists to return to their own forum.

07-19-10 02:37 PM
    I wasen't talking to you directly, and you don't know me to say weather I did or did not text while driving. The only times I send a text in the car, is when I come to a red light. But while driving... I doubt.
    07-19-10 04:43 PM
    If I were buying a new Android phone today it would have been the galaxy s.

Evo is a good phone too though hope you enjoy it.

I recommend to anyone requiring a physical keyboard to give the HTC keyboard or swype a try.

Swype is amazing.
    07-19-10 10:36 PM
    This thread is funny because I'm switching TO the Bold from the EVO tomorrow and one of the main reasons is the email. The EVO is a great phone but I don't care what anyone says, RIM's push technology is the best in the world. I've tried the Pre and the EVO (never used iPhone) and there is no comparison when it comes to email. Also, notifications (ie Facebook and Twitter) are much faster and more reliable on BB.

The EVO does a lot of great things, but at the end of the day, the things I need my device for most (phone calls, messaging and email) are just better on BB. Not to mention when OS6 drops, BB users won't have to worry about crappy internet browsing anymore.
    07-19-10 11:16 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD