Hopefully I'll be back in the BB10 era but as of lately, I had to stop using BB due to the problems I been having, especially regarding location-based services & the GPS, not to mention the random reboots & forced reboots on nearly every app installation. Yes, I switched to a way inferior device (Motorola Charm) but software-wise, it's way more flexible than BBOS was. Sure Android has its issues that make me miss BB here & there, like the shortcut issues, but I'm used to it now. My next phone's likely to be a Galaxy Nexus, then I'll take a look at the new BB10 phones once a full line of them are out.

A couple more things that may complicate things now is I switched services to a prepaid monthly plan that doesn't do BIS except on more expensive plans. I also switched to using Google Voice for calls & SMS & have all of my contacts on Google now. I have become a heavy Foursquare user in recent months too.

Hopefully this will be a temporary break from BlackBerry. I was using the platform from 2007-09-08 to 2012-02-23, so nearly 5 years.
    Last edited by adam917; 04-24-12 at 11:06 AM.
    04-24-12 08:43 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...t-here-260887/

wrong forum/thread
    04-24-12 08:51 AM
    Oops. Can a mod move this?
    04-24-12 09:14 AM
    Hopefully I'll be back in the BB10 era but as of lately, I had to stop using BB due to the problems I been having, especially regarding location-based services & the GPS, not to mention the random reboots & forced reboots on nearly every app installation. Yes, I switched to a way inferior device (Motorola Charm) but software-wise, it's way more flexible than BBOS was. Sure Android has its issues that make me miss BB here & there, like the shortcut issues, but I'm used to it now. My next phone's likely to be a Galaxy Nexus, then I'll take a look at the new BB10 phones once a full line of them are out.

Hopefully this will be a temporary break from BlackBerry. I was using the platform from 2007-09-08 to 2012-02-23, so nearly 5 years.
    Life is full of compromises no doubt. I too have tried some other things and found the same compromises you mentioned. Here is hoping you find BB10 a positive net change that brings you back to the device you have used and enjoyed for so many years. I don't own any RIM stock unless maybe via my 403b plan but your experience and support will still be useful to people who are giving Blackberry a try for the first time. Hopefully you keep visiting the forums and share tips.

Most of us don't read the manual and prefer the social aspects of the learning process.
    04-24-12 09:29 AM
    same thing here, went to Evo Design from Bold 9930. Can't say I really miss it except the Universal Search feature which is superior to that on Android, and the keyboard. Other that that I really l Android lots more apps for everything imaginable from Five Guys to Subway apps to banking and games. Oh, did I mention Netflix and Skype (which I don't use but worth mentioning for others who like them).
    Really, really, REALLY hope BB10 will live up to the expectations and if it is as good as the PlayBook then it will.
    04-24-12 10:40 AM
    On the other hand, I just came back to BB after a brief and unhappy run with android. to each their own, but if you are going to get an android, I suggest you get something else other than the nexus, since its known to be a battery drainer and does not perform as well as the hype wanted it to...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-24-12 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD