SwiftKey Flow Beta Available for Download

Swiftkey Beta (Flow) is available for Tablets and Android devices now.

PS: It's pretty awesome!!
    12-06-12 09:24 AM
    Not bad. Been using it exclusively today. It is a bit of a curve for me, since I am used to swiping the "Swype" way, but it is pretty slick.
    12-06-12 09:28 AM
    I had a few errors when I tried to install it last night, I couldn't get past the language download....grrrr

Tried again this morning and it's all good. I really do like this kb. I was used to swype too, but always switched it up with Swiftkey once in a while. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. I am happy as long as I am not using the stock Sammy kb!! That thing needs to be redesigned.
    12-06-12 09:35 AM
    I have to agree it's pretty awesome. Getting the hang of the gesturing from scratch being that I have only flirted with swype briefly. So far I like it a lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    12-06-12 09:37 AM
    Usuing it as well, so far so good. I'm not sure which way I type faster yet.
    12-06-12 01:20 PM
    Flow lines look great and though I find swype
    easier, the extraordinary prediction of SwiftKey is making me give it a bit more time. Overall, impressed

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    12-06-12 01:24 PM
    "Flow" over the keyboard without lifting a finger to "Flow" full sentences.
    12-06-12 05:02 PM
    "Flow" over the keyboard without lifting a finger to "Flow" full sentences.
    Aka flow through space .

Also I'm finding the prediction to be top notch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    12-06-12 08:19 PM
    I missed how to swipe capital words?
    12-06-12 08:23 PM
    I just double tap the case key and start swip I mean swifting..haha
    12-06-12 09:08 PM
    Working great so far, having a few issues here and their but it's bata. So i cant complain, very fast typing and looking promising. Plus love the one hand typing. Let's see bb10 beat this with their keyboard one handed. I don't think it's going to happen. Just showing me that bbs one handed use gimmick turning in to be nothing special. More of a catch up game to me. Hopefully they have something else worth while.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    12-06-12 09:13 PM
    Better do some research where rim is getting the virtual keyboard from. Android does not have a leg up on them lol.
    12-06-12 09:17 PM
    I am not trying to start a flame war, just my opinion. From watching bb10 demos, I can't see you typing faster on then SwiftKey Flow right now. I might be wrong though have to use it first personally. Also it's not Google Android, SwiftKey is a 3rd party app developer, Google has their own version of swipe keyboard integrated in jellybean 4.2, which is also decent.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    12-06-12 09:48 PM
    A lot of us have been typing one-handed for a while.

If I can get a hold of Flow, I might just get rid of Swype (gasp!), especially if they roll Flow into Swiftkey 3. Wow, now that would be something. Right now, I use Swype for quick, one-handed entries, and Swiftkey for longer stuff (like working on my book).
    Syrous44 likes this.
    12-06-12 11:12 PM
    Better do some research where rim is getting the virtual keyboard from. Android does not have a leg up on them lol.
    Again, not trying to start a "leg-up" battle, but I think that Android has the leg up on every platform in the area of virtual keyboards. Options, options, options.
    Syrous44 likes this.
    12-06-12 11:14 PM
    A lot of us have been typing one-handed for a while.

If I can get a hold of Flow, I might just get rid of Swype (gasp!), especially if they roll Flow into Swiftkey 3. Wow, now that would be something. Right now, I use Swype for quick, one-handed entries, and Swiftkey for longer stuff (like working on my book).
    I actually already did - unlike Swype you can use both the swipe motion or regular typing (which isn't always workable on Swype itself) - straight typing works just the same as Swiftkey 3.
    12-07-12 05:47 PM
    For someone who whines about misinformation...*cough*

Uncovered: BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 Uses SwiftKey Keyboard! | CrackBerry.com
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-07-12 05:49 PM
    Yeah but the learning model is only one part of the keyboard (it wouldn't even have to be the complete autosuggestion feature). They could use an api call and still use other sources for the other portions of the keyboard....
    12-07-12 06:14 PM
    I'm really liking Flow.

A couple hiccups that bug me though (but hey, it's a beta release so I'm sure they'll address the issues)...

Swipe gesture for capitalization and loop/squiggle for double letters are missing. Instead it relies on Swiftkey's prediction engine. More often than not, it correctly predicts the word you intended to swipe based on the context of the sentence. Unfortunately, there's no way for it to know every proper noun or acronym, so you get the occasional misfire in capitalization. Luckily this is aided by the keyboard's ability to learn new words as you use it; so after you tap out a word that didn't swipe properly, it remembers it the next time. With double letter words, sometimes it can miss the distinction between "to" and "too" if the sentence begins with the word "too" because there's no context for it to make the distinction. I guess once I get used to swiping the space-bar it will recognize the context and correct it (only just now occurred to me that I should try that).

Aside from those two points, and the removal of swiping left to delete full words (which will probably return since it's the number one requested feature on the Swiftkey forums), the keyboard is top notch. It's still fully functional as the traditional Swiftkey keyboard which has always be superb, and the flow is really smooth. I've been craving a tap/swipe hybrid keyboard for quite some time, and this fits the bill very well.
    reeneebob and pantlesspenguin like this.
    12-08-12 11:05 AM
    Aside from those two points, and the removal of swiping left to delete full words (which will probably return since it's the number one requested feature on the Swiftkey forums), the keyboard is top notch. It's still fully functional as the traditional Swiftkey keyboard which has always be superb, and the flow is really smooth. I've been craving a tap/swipe hybrid keyboard for quite some time, and this fits the bill very well.

Haha, I know, right? I must have tried swiping back dozens of times wondering why the words wouldn't delete. At first I thought it was me.
    12-12-12 01:14 PM
    A slightly long press on the backspace key will delete the last word.

Also, if it guesses wrong you can backspace once and more often than not the intended word would be in the suggested words list.

Double tapping on a word also brings up the suggested list.

Swiftkey flow is definitely a keeper for me.
    12-12-12 04:20 PM
    Swiftkey updated to Swiftkey 4 which includes Flow.

Available in Play Store and Amazon Appstore.
    02-20-13 04:14 PM