I know that you either loved it or hated it, but if you liked the one thumb typing as I did, here is my recommendation.
    I tried better keyboard first since it seemed to be the most popular. They have nice pictures of the T9 keyboard and it looks great. The word prediction, however is simply awful. It doesn't learn words and as far as I could tell, it has no dictionary much less one that can be edited by the user.
    So I gave smart keyboard a shot. It is as close to suretype as you can get. Great word prediction and it learns. It has a dictionary that can be edited. As far as I can tell, it may use the native swiftkey database. I do know that it works really well.
    So for what it's worth, if you are a former strom user, SMART KEYBOARD is the way to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 04:38 AM
    +1 Smart Keyboard was the very first non-native keyboard I dl'd..simply because of it's AutoText feature (Google ftw). I've tried a few others..but always come back..and now I can have the best of both worlds with Keyboard Manager. Swype (or SlideIt in my case) for Portrait..and Smart Keyboard in Landscape!
    01-26-11 07:16 AM
    Can't stand sure type ha ha. Swift key and Swype are way better IMO. If that ST is your copasetic, then I am glad there is something for you fellas ha ha. And I am a former Storm user, and ST is NOT the way to go lol!
    01-26-11 08:36 AM
    Swype is what allows me to live without a physical keyboard.
    01-27-11 03:05 PM
    I also use smart keyboard. The compact qwerty really makes a difference in my typing speed. It has a few bugs but hopefully those will be fixed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-11 03:42 AM
    Suretype drove me insane before I got a qwerty kb, and can't see using it now that I have tasted qwerty. One thumb swyping or two thumbs on physical/touch keyboard for me.
    01-28-11 04:37 PM
    +1 Smart Keyboard was the very first non-native keyboard I dl'd..simply because of it's AutoText feature (Google ftw). I've tried a few others..but always come back..and now I can have the best of both worlds with Keyboard Manager. Swype (or SlideIt in my case) for Portrait..and Smart Keyboard in Landscape!
    I'll definitely give Smart Keyboard a shot. Thanks for the info.
    02-02-11 10:22 PM
    Are there any people know how to control keypad of this phone ( BlackBerry Kickstart - 8220 use suretype hybrid keypad ) from PC ? Are there any software or tool can do that? I'm looking very much at internet but i didn't see any where talk about this.
    03-29-11 03:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD