DROID DOES.
    Heyyy... that sounds like a great advertising campaign.
    06-17-10 03:43 PM
    Love my Droid Incredible.
    06-19-10 12:33 PM
    I never have to wait for it. Bingo. It's running.

Sorry for your.......?
    Bull****! fastest bootime Ive ever experenced is 95 secs,
    06-19-10 05:31 PM
    What does the Droid do that the Storm2 doesn't? It loads up way faster than Storm2? That's it?! I am going to spend $200 on upgrade (taking into account new accessories, apps, the phone upgrade price, etc.) just to gain an extra 5 minutes, once a week when I reboot the phone? Please tell me there is more to love about this phone over the Blackberry than a lousy 5 minutes of faster boot time!

On these forums, people often live in a fantasy world. There's more to the phone upgrade than just the phone. You have to get new accessories to fit the different phone and likewise replace apps. You are likely going to lose features you like. You have a learning curve on the new phone. So, when a BB user considers going Android, they might like to know what they are giving up and what they are gaining.

Like many Verizon BB users, the Droid didn't exist when I chose the Blackberry Tour as my first smartphone. I stayed away from the Storm because of all the problems it had. But it's not like the Tour was much better. First ever phone I had to have warranty replace. Many other Tour users have been on their 3rd, 4th, and 5th replacements for different reasons, per the forums. So much for worrying about the Storm!

Don't just say the Droid Does and Storm2 doesn't. Tell us how? Tell us why we should go replace our apps, our accessories, our way of using our phones because the Droid Does where the Storm2 doesn't.
    06-21-10 03:16 AM
    What does the Droid do that the Storm2 doesn't? It loads up way faster than Storm2? That's it?! I am going to spend $200 on upgrade (taking into account new accessories, apps, the phone upgrade price, etc.) just to gain an extra 5 minutes, once a week when I reboot the phone? Please tell me there is more to love about this phone over the Blackberry than a lousy 5 minutes of faster boot time!

On these forums, people often live in a fantasy world. There's more to the phone upgrade than just the phone. You have to get new accessories to fit the different phone and likewise replace apps. You are likely going to lose features you like. You have a learning curve on the new phone. So, when a BB user considers going Android, they might like to know what they are giving up and what they are gaining.

Like many Verizon BB users, the Droid didn't exist when I chose the Blackberry Tour as my first smartphone. I stayed away from the Storm because of all the problems it had. But it's not like the Tour was much better. First ever phone I had to have warranty replace. Many other Tour users have been on their 3rd, 4th, and 5th replacements for different reasons, per the forums. So much for worrying about the Storm!

Don't just say the Droid Does and Storm2 doesn't. Tell us how? Tell us why we should go replace our apps, our accessories, our way of using our phones because the Droid Does where the Storm2 doesn't.
    Just a few things that the storm2 doesn't do.
    turn by turn directions on google maps
    way faster browser
    awesome integration for google products
    no truncated emails
    widgets
    apps that are actually useful
    virtual keyboard works! (surepress sucks balls)
    and if you have froyo you have flash and the ability to use your phone as a mobile hotspot. :P
    Last edited by mazinkaiser; 06-23-10 at 06:07 AM.
    06-23-10 06:04 AM
    I think droid shows a lot promise and will probably be at the same par as apple
    06-28-10 06:36 PM
    My Storm takes 2 minutes to boot up(from battery pull). If it's simply off it comes up in like 30 seconds.
    Don't understand the 5 minutes thing. It has never done that.

But that's not to say my next phone won't be a Droid.
    Last edited by bigbadwulff; 06-29-10 at 12:15 PM.
    06-29-10 12:11 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD