Greetings,

I'm trying to decide to get a Storm 2 vs. Android.

I have the regular storm, and would like to upgrade to one of these. I'm comfortable with BB. My buddy, who had the original storm as well is Whooping up the Android as the best phone ever, when it comes to internet, etc.

I'm just curious as to what people know about the Storm 2 vs. the Droid.

Thanks!
    11-13-09 01:48 PM
    please search this forum..too many threads like this and you can find a ton of info already out there
    11-13-09 01:53 PM
    Greetings,

I'm trying to decide to get a Storm 2 vs. Android.

I have the regular storm, and would like to upgrade to one of these. I'm comfortable with BB. My buddy, who had the original storm as well is Whooping up the Android as the best phone ever, when it comes to internet, etc.

I'm just curious as to what people know about the Storm 2 vs. the Droid.

Thanks!
    I am wondering too, I got my wife the new HTC driod which IMO is better than the Moto version Driod, the UI is better, better build quality and the touch typing is amazing. It is nearly as fast at the moto on web pages maybe 1 sec slower at the most.

I was going to go Strom 2 myself but after 5.0 on my Storm 1 is is great and I am in no rush now. I am waiting to see what else comes out between now and January.

I am also wondering how the change for BB to Andriod has been for others?
    11-13-09 01:54 PM
    Droid beats the S2 in internet browsing right now. The S2 has a new browser on the way that will make the Droids browser look like its on dial up...

The S2 does email way better than the droid.

The S2's screen is better than the droid.

Its all a matter of opinion. Go play with a droid and see which you like better. If you already have an S1, you would probably prefer the S2 anyway..
    11-13-09 01:54 PM
    Droid beats the S2 in internet browsing right now. The S2 has a new browser on the way that will make the Droids browser look like its on dial up...
    Really I have not heard of the new broswer, nice because right now even using bolt or opera my wife's HTC smokes my storm. I am talking by 30-45 seconds or more at times to load pages.

This would be a great new feature, might consider a S2 if true.
    11-13-09 02:00 PM
    Yupp. RIM bought Torch Mobile, and they announced a new browser with Flash 10 support coming in 2010. It is a full webkit browser, and will be MUCH faster than the stock BB browser we have now.
    11-13-09 02:09 PM
    I went and played with the Droid again.. I think it felt very cheap.
    11-13-09 02:10 PM
    Seriously guys, people need to start searching. I just typed in droid vs storm 2 and at least 10 threads came up.

http://forums.crackberry.com/search....rchid=24342413
    11-13-09 02:13 PM
    I went and played with the Droid again.. I think it felt very cheap.
    That is exactly what I thought when I picked it up at the VZW store. It feels like a toy to me...
    11-13-09 02:14 PM
    I would like to say that I do NOT think the Storm 2 screen is better than the Droid. The Droid's screen is incredible.
    11-13-09 02:16 PM
    Maybe we need a new sub forum, for Droid vs S2!
    11-13-09 02:18 PM
    Agreed!

Sub forums in general would be awesome.
    11-13-09 02:20 PM
    That is exactly what I thought when I picked it up at the VZW store. It feels like a toy to me...
    Yep. I won't be giving it a second look. Not sure what my next phone will be, but it won't be that. I love me some google, just not that hardware.
    11-13-09 02:29 PM
    I don't even know what Android really is >.<
    11-13-09 02:42 PM
    That would be great. While you are at it, how about adding these;

-Should I upgrade from S1 to S2
    -My screen is tilted in the upper right hand corner, should I exchange it?
    -Can I make phone calls on my S2 over wifi?
    11-13-09 02:46 PM
    Yes, good questions
    11-13-09 02:48 PM
    I don't even know what Android really is >.<
    Android is an open source operating system used in some brands of smart phone. The moto droid is currently the IT phone running android. There are more and possibly more exciting android phones coming to vwz in realitivly short order. My preference is the htc dragon/passion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 02:49 PM
    Droid beats the S2 in internet browsing right now. The S2 has a new browser on the way that will make the Droids browser look like its on dial up... You have no idea what you are talking about. Seriously, unless you are part of the Browser kit team. This is just a guestimate.
    The S2 does email way better than the droid. If you are using Gmail, not true at all. If its any other email (Yahoo...ect) then maybe.
    The way the Droid renders email is way better than the job BB does. Now the delivery speed, BB has that all the way.

The S2's screen is better than the droid. What are you talking about? Are you serious? Or is this full of Dr. House humor? Droid takes this by a mile and a 1/2!!

Its all a matter of opinion. Go play with a droid and see which you like better. If you already have an S1, you would probably prefer the S2 anyway.. Even this comment is iffy.
    Full of missinformation.
    Last edited by DA6; 11-13-09 at 03:35 PM.
    11-13-09 03:28 PM
    How happy can you be with the S2 when this is your signature:
    Storm 2 9550 on Verizon -- OS 5.0.0.320
    11-13-09 03:30 PM
    Ok so I know I'm a newbie but I figure I'd add my .02 worth. I'm new to the smartphone thing, previous phone was a moto razr 2. It failing pushed me to get the storm 2 before the droid came out. I wasn't sure which way to go, so I picked up the storm 2 and figured I'd have 30 days to play with it to see if I liked it. In that time I figured I'd try the droid as well and see if I liked that better. Well, I played with the moto droid (and the HTC eris) at the verizon store today, and I will be staying with the storm 2. Now, the android OS does look impressive. However, for me, it's not enough to make the switch. I love the storm's click screen and some other features of the blackberry (I just discovered BBM 5.0 yesterday it's just plain cool). I absolutely do not like moto's attempt at tactile feedback when you select something on the screen, and well the htc had no feedback from what I can tell. Well, I can elaborate my thoughts more if you'd like, but just wanted to add some positive thoughts for the storm 2.
    11-13-09 03:46 PM
    Yupp. RIM bought Torch Mobile, and they announced a new browser with Flash 10 support coming in 2010. It is a full webkit browser, and will be MUCH faster than the stock BB browser we have now.
    Nice so is this slated for early Q1 or any idea when?

Will this new browser work on the S1?
    Last edited by rweddy; 11-13-09 at 03:52 PM.
    11-13-09 03:49 PM
    Ok so I know I'm a newbie but I figure I'd add my .02 worth. I'm new to the smartphone thing, previous phone was a moto razr 2. It failing pushed me to get the storm 2 before the droid came out. I wasn't sure which way to go, so I picked up the storm 2 and figured I'd have 30 days to play with it to see if I liked it. In that time I figured I'd try the droid as well and see if I liked that better. Well, I played with the moto droid (and the HTC eris) at the verizon store today, and I will be staying with the storm 2. Now, the android OS does look impressive. However, for me, it's not enough to make the switch. I love the storm's click screen and some other features of the blackberry (I just discovered BBM 5.0 yesterday it's just plain cool). I absolutely do not like moto's attempt at tactile feedback when you select something on the screen, and well the htc had no feedback from what I can tell. Well, I can elaborate my thoughts more if you'd like, but just wanted to add some positive thoughts for the storm 2.
    Storm 2 is a good device don't get me wrong. I am in no way bashing it. I had it for 10 days and took it back. It's just not fair to put it up against every new phone and always say it wins. The first one was compared to the Iphone and now this one to the Droid. That alone says it all.
    11-13-09 03:51 PM
    Full of missinformation.
    Well lets see here, about 90% of that is OPINION so you are the one that is wrong, not me. Nice try though....

The email, you said it yourself. The delivery on BB's is way faster. I use gmail, and I get my emails INSTANTLY... I got the people in the VZW store to set up a droid using my email account, and the S2 got it BEFORE the droid...

And the browser, yes that is part guess, part fact. It is going to be WAY faster than the current BB browser. That was stated by RIM...

The screen is definitely better. That is MY OPINION so stfu. I HATE traditional touchscreens...

and how the **** is my last comment iffy... ITS ALL ABOUT OPINION. The only reason people go to the droid not the S2 is because they either a) hear about issues that only certain S2's have, or b) are convinced the S2 will have just as many problems and the S1 when it launched.
    11-13-09 03:58 PM
    How happy can you be with the S2 when this is your signature:

Just because I am not happy with the OS, doesn't mean I am not happy with my phone... I was used to the .328 OS on my S1 before I got this one. There are some changes I am not happy with...
    11-13-09 04:00 PM
    Honest Opinion from someone who spent some time with the Droid (6-days)....

I did not like the Droid, to me it was more flash over substance, I loved all the features and the apps, but in the end it felt like it was missing something, and I still don't know what it is. After you get past the flash and the apps, ask yourself what things you truly need and which phone can do them better. For me when I asked that question to myself it was the Storm 2.

For the Droid:
    Better browser
    More Apps
    and a lot of Flash
    Great Navigation system
    I Could go on and on.....but

Against the DROID:
    It just feels as if everything doesn't come together (IDK)
    Oh yeah, My programs even the pre-installed ones, crashed CONSTANTLY

The Storm 2 (Remember these are my pluses)
    Suretype and Surepress technology (I Love surepress)
    To me, I find blackberrys easy to use (guess I'm just familiar after 4 devices)
    Easy to navigate
    Not as good from a hardware and flash aspect but it all just works.

My opinion doesn't matter, but the Storm 2 Vs the Droid is a matter of the sum of the parts for the Storm are greater than they originally appear, And the Droid for all its "hotness" isn't all that hot.
    11-13-09 04:05 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD