The quallcomm msm 7600 chipset is incredibly powerful. alot more powerful than people give it credit for. this chipset powers most CDMA BB's including the storm and tour. with the release of Nexus and androids like the droid with a gpu i cant wait for 2.1 to be released and show off the horsepower a little bit more on these two phones.

i didnt switch to android when it was only at 1.5 because of the fact it was slow and after playing with the G1 awhile back i knew the hardware was being bottlenecked by the software.

just thought id throw that out there because these two phones have been tossed out the spotlight with nexus being released
    01-07-10 02:30 AM
    Yea but that extra screen real estate is a major reason I'd choose the Nexus over the Hero. Especially due to the onscreen kb.
    01-07-10 08:53 AM
    The quallcomm msm 7600 chipset is incredibly powerful. alot more powerful than people give it credit for. this chipset powers most CDMA BB's including the storm and tour. with the release of Nexus and androids like the droid with a gpu i cant wait for 2.1 to be released and show off the horsepower a little bit more on these two phones.

i didnt switch to android when it was only at 1.5 because of the fact it was slow and after playing with the G1 awhile back i knew the hardware was being bottlenecked by the software.

just thought id throw that out there because these two phones have been tossed out the spotlight with nexus being released
    Its just been reported that when 2.1 is available they will send it out immediately, by Sanjay Jha. He also said "The Droid however, will not have some of the 3D features enabled." Not sure the reasoning behind that, and I'm sure the devs will get the rooted Droids running the 3D elements, but I'd kinda be pissed.
    01-07-10 11:35 AM
    Its just been reported that when 2.1 is available they will send it out immediately, by Sanjay Jha. He also said "The Droid however, will not have some of the 3D features enabled." Not sure the reasoning behind that, and I'm sure the devs will get the rooted Droids running the 3D elements, but I'd kinda be pissed.
    Maybe the 3D features slow the Droid down a little bit. As long as 2.1 runs nice and smooth on my Droid I'll be perfectly happy. And when ROMS come out with the 3D features, I'll probably give it a go to see how the Droid handles it. I'm already perfectly happy with the device the way it is now.
    01-07-10 11:44 AM
    The 3D features should make it faster/more smoother.. you have 3D accel done be a GPU, not accel done by the CPU like on the Nexus taking away from precious cpu cycles.

it's probably because of the extra work to write in the API's because of the GPU..which is most likely equating to more money and more lazyness on Motorola's part.
    Last edited by sniffs; 01-07-10 at 12:30 PM.
    01-07-10 12:15 PM
    or maybe the additional 3d features won't be enabled in order to give the nexus some "exclusive" functionality?

most droid owners probably won't care too much about missing those features as long 2.1 runs well, all else considered. looking forward to it.
    01-07-10 12:26 PM
    I thing the animated X on the OS boot up is a Nexus thing, not for anyone else. I also think some, and maybe all of the animated wallpapers are a nexus exclusive. I am sure the droid hardware can handle these things, but being the Google's nexus, there will be neat little things exclusive to that phone. I doubt people will have to root the phone to run animated wallpapers, as someone is going to be brilliant and create some in the market and make a buck or two. I think the main thing people want from the new 2.1 is the features, extra screens, flashier look, you know. It will be interesting to see how 2.1 gets packaged up for an OTA to the droid. I don't see how it will **** people off as we are getting the nuts and bolts of 2.1. I guess some people would get hung up on the animated nexus X not being ported to the droid, but most of us know better
    01-07-10 12:56 PM
    My hero has the nexus boot screen so idk what you mean they wont have them. Anyways I rooted my hero and this is really pointless to me. The normal rom has everything I want now i wanna unroot and wait I guess. Any rumors on an exact date for 2.1?
    01-07-10 07:28 PM
    Yea but that extra screen real estate is a major reason I'd choose the Nexus over the Hero. Especially due to the onscreen kb.
    You can just get a home replacement app i have 11 home screens on my samsung moment with pandahome
    01-07-10 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD