Got my email from Sprint about an hour ago. I would love to purchase this phone, but sadly, I have very poor coverage in my area. Talk about a wet dream gone bad.
    Last edited by Lodingi; 05-12-10 at 06:35 PM.
    05-12-10 06:32 PM
    I got the email too. I don't know why I got excited about it though. I don't even want the device. I think that it is going to be the coolest thing out but I don't want to give up my BlackBerry. We will see. Usually when I get my hands on it, I can identify everything that's wrong with it and I will lose interest.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-10 06:53 PM
    Happy Birthday to me!! I will be up bright & early on 6/4!!

05-12-10 07:11 PM
    I'm eligible for a phone upgrade June 1st. Perfect!
    05-12-10 07:26 PM
    Once you get a blackberry, you never go back.
    05-12-10 08:01 PM
    Already have a BB and I'm leaving.. Anyone know the price of the evo WITHOUT a contract? My contract isn't up for a while

05-12-10 08:06 PM
    That's a myth. Been gone for a long time and haven't looked back LOL.
    05-12-10 08:06 PM
    @ $199.99
    05-12-10 08:12 PM
    I've been eligible for an upgrade since April 1st, and this is the phone I want, I was really happy once I read that email. I hate my Blackberry Curve 8330m, I once used to love it, but the memory leaks, battery pulls, etc. just made me hate it. I only use my phone now to make or receive calls and to text once in a while, and to view forums about the Bold 9650 and the HTC EVO, but the day that the 9650 was finally confirmed, as well as when it would be released for Sprint, I decided it was not worth it all to stay on Blackberry, and the EVO was offering what I want and need in a phone. The 9650 was not offering anything new for me or nothing I liked or anything that made me want to stay, but I wanted to wait and see if there would be anything special for it, but to me, there isn't, I do know about Blackberry OS 6.0, but I don't find it worthwhile, I'm getting the EVO, and I won't mind buying an extended battery or two for this phone. =]
    05-12-10 08:20 PM
    Tack another $10 on to your data plan if you want the EVO.

Thanks Sprint!!

Why should anyone be required to pay for a service that isn't available? Is there any opening for a lawsuit here? If so, someone should take them to court over this joke.
    05-12-10 08:27 PM
    I'll wait for the early adopters to try the phone out for kinks, and will pick it up by July if it lives up to its hype.
    05-12-10 08:45 PM
    Ditto! I just used my upgarde on a Tour 3 months ago. WTH
    Already have a BB and I'm leaving.. Anyone know the price of the evo WITHOUT a contract? My contract isn't up for a while

05-12-10 08:48 PM
    WOOHOO It Releases on my bday!! Bye Bye blackberry!!
    05-12-10 08:56 PM

$449.99 with no contract
    05-12-10 08:57 PM
    The mandatory $10 is BS!
    05-12-10 09:07 PM
    its optional only to access 4g if you are in the area
    05-12-10 09:15 PM
    its optional only to access 4g if you are in the area
    Nah its mandatory they claim its for the phone and not 4g. Sprint messed up with this i was sold on the phone before the $10 mandatory additional charge now i doubt i'll be getting it. 4g is not a standard yet i'm quite content with 3g.
    05-12-10 09:18 PM
    The mandatory $10 is BS!
    But your going to pay it because you want the phone...So just quit your b!tching so it's one less beer at the pub..So WHAT this phone kills!
    05-12-10 09:19 PM
    $449.99 with no contract
    !! Yeah right.. Source? That's an awfully low price for a phone that's 299 before mail in rebate..

05-12-10 09:22 PM
    Happy Birthday to me!! I will be up bright & early on 6/4!!

me too! couldnt be a better bday present
    05-12-10 10:11 PM
    Can't wait but will not be waiting in any lines just never been that die hard or gungho for any phone to wait in a line. I will let it be shipped to me. I wonder why Sprint never does pre-release reseverves like most carriers do.

I want to compare it against my Incredible. and definitelly looking forward to the 4G in my area and creating a hotspot...which is probably what the extra $10 that people keep ******** about is for..
    05-12-10 10:59 PM
    Nah its mandatory they claim its for the phone and not 4g. Sprint messed up with this i was sold on the phone before the $10 mandatory additional charge now i doubt i'll be getting it. 4g is not a standard yet i'm quite content with 3g.
    Yea I figured they would be pigs and try to charge more for the 4G service.
    05-12-10 11:45 PM
    Yea I figured they would be pigs and try to charge more for the 4G service.
    Yep, the crazy part is they claim its not for the 4g service but rather premium data add on. They shot themselves in the foot with that one because a lot of people who were going to switch from other carriers are saying to **** with that and current sprint customers who are comfortable with their plans are saying the same. I'm a gadget head always getting the latest and greatest but i'm turned off by that extra $10 a month especially when it isn't necessary and they said its not for the 4g service. They could have really won with this phone too.
    05-13-10 12:01 AM
    This is sprint's explanation for the additional charge:

There have been a TON of questions about this monthly Premium Data charge. I hope this will clear things up.

If you buy the Sprint 4G EVO, you have to pay this $10 charge each month. This is specific to the device. It's not related to whether you are using 3G or 4G. It is required if you have the phone.

Because the phone has a faster processor, a huge 4.3 inch screen and an 8 megapixel camcorder/camera, we expect you will be using a lot more data than you would with our other devices. These features will give you capabilities that have previously never been available on a wireless device and we think they provide a premium experience. (Remember, this is the world's first 3G/4G Android phone.)

Separately, some have asked about the $29 a month hotspot charge. (You can connect up to 8 WiFi-enabled devices to one EVO if you pay that monthly charge -- but this is optional.)

People are really letting them have it on this blog and rightfully so over the additional $10 per month charge.

More Detail on the Sprint EVO 4G $10/Month Premium Data Charge - John Taylor's posterous
    05-13-10 12:12 AM
    !! Yeah right.. Source? That's an awfully low price for a phone that's 299 before mail in rebate..

Email from Sprint:

May require up to a $36 activation fee/line, credit approval and deposit. Up to $200 early termination fee/line applies. Phone Offer: While supplies last. $449.99 � $150.00 (two-year activation) � $100.00 (mail-in rebate) = $199.99 (final price). Mail-in Rebate: Requires activation at the time of purchase. Line must be active 30 consecutive days. Allow 10 to 14 weeks for rebate. Upgrade: Existing customers in good standing with service on the same device for more than 22 consecutive months currently activated with a service plan of $39.99 or higher may be eligible. See in-store rebate form, sprint.com/upgrade for details. Everything Data Plan: Includes 450 Anytime Minutes. Additional Anytime Minutes (overage): Up to $0.40/minute. Nights: Monday � Thursday 7pm � 7am; Weekends: Friday 7pm � Monday 7am. Partial minutes charged as full minutes. Any Mobile, Anytime (AMA)/Unlimited Calls to Mobile: Applies when directly dialing/receiving standard voice calls between domestic wireless numbers as determined when the call is placed using independent 3rd party and Sprint data bases. Standard roaming rates/restrictions apply. Only available with select Sprint Plans and while on the Nationwide Sprint or Nextel National Networks (excludes calls to voicemail, 411, and other indirect methods). Data/Web: Premium content/downloads (games, ringers, songs, certain channels, etc.) are additional charge. Messaging: Includes text, picture and video for domestic messages sent or received. International messages are $0.20 sent or received. SMS voice messages may incur an additional data charge of $0.03/KB. Text to 3rd parties to participate in promotions or other may result in additional charges. International services are not included. GPS Navigation: GPS reliability varies by environment. Voice/Data Usage Limitation: Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 minutes or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes. For other usage restrictions, including limiting throughput, see sprint.com/termsandcondition
    05-13-10 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD